Far out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
Check out this item on ebay...

cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1483555452

And no, I'm not selling the item, just thought people would want to see this...

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 11-12-2001).]

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Wow. That's obscure. Almost as strange as the toilet seat.

You may recall that I was also the person who drew everyone's attention to the toilet seat
biggrin.gif

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I think your status should be "Official Finder of Obscure U2 Items on Ebay"

Haha! Any mods see that?

But I'm not sure I could handle the responsibility
biggrin.gif

------------------
Talk without speaking

Lol. That's the coolest! Not quite as cool as the toilet seat, but pretty sweet nonetheless.

It's not fair that Adam's the smallest doll... or maybe that means he is the most precious, hur hur.

whooodilly doo, people! Have you smoked your panties today yet?

4a

This item is NOT obscure at all. I am the proud owner of TWO U2 nesting doll sets. One is circa the ZOO TV era and the other, which has WONDERFUL artwork (really looks like U2), is from the "POP" era. I have the latter one proudly displayed in my living area.

I may bid on this set though - I love nesting dolls.
biggrin.gif

funny, this is the second version of U2 kachinka dolls I've seen this week! The other version was over on Pleba...and the "Bono" doll looked an awful lot like Larry with glasses!
confused.gif

Anyone remember the bottle of Bono's breath that was up for bid a while ago? Remember? It supposedly "glowed as if it contained something magical"
icon29.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Originally posted by Discoteque:
kachinka dolls I've seen this week!

are you sure they're called kachinka dolls...I could have sworn there were known by another name. I know kachina dolls are native american dolls....but that's a whole nother story.

Be interesting if there were some linguistic connection if the russian name is kachinka and the native american is kachina....any anthropologists or liguists around here have an answer?

I think the real ones are called matrioshka dolls, but I'm not sure if I've got that quite right.

My brother is a journalist and covered the world hockey championships in Russia a couple of years ago. He brought back a doll like that with hockey players. It's...ugly but sort of cute. I can see it right now if I look over my shoulder.

------------------
Talk without speaking

Back
Top Bottom