fans let the world knows that u2.com sucks!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2fanmx

Babyface
I'm very upset about the new u2.com site!!! It's shi7!!!

How we can get the attention of the web masters? Why not publish all the caos in other well know sites (I.E. News sites, newspaper, radio, etc.).

I love u2, but this is a bullshi7!!!

u2.com is OK.....

the organisation behind it fanifire and signature networks....well......,

my mother always said if you can't say nothing nice about something say nothing.

This has been going on for awhile. Their message board and much of their site is not as good as some fan sites (especially this one) But I guess that's what they choose to have. I hear most official sites suck compared to fan sites. My opinion on this is that fans make their sites with love and real interest, where most official sites are probably made by someone hired who really doesn't care about the band and is only listing basic stuff because they have to.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know about U2.com because they have yet to get my subscription up and running. I did go on once but could figure out how to do anything so I left. I would agree with U2fanmx.

Fanfire :madspit: and the U2.com organization is incurring my displeasure as well.

U2Kitten said:
This has been going on for awhile. Their message board and much of their site is not as good as some fan sites (especially this one) But I guess that's what they choose to have. I hear most official sites suck compared to fan sites. My opinion on this is that fans make their sites with love and real interest, where most official sites are probably made by someone hired who really doesn't care about the band and is only listing basic stuff because they have to.

You're exactly right! :) U2 fan sites truly show U2.com how it's done -- we (the fan sites) know what the fans want and we give it to them. For fans, by fans! :heart: U2.com would greatly benefit from employing actual U2 fans to help with the website.

to the contrary, Pearl Jam knows how to treat its fans, and has a stunning website that reflects that. Bands should be able to provide this in this day and age, so fans can rely on their website directly.

youtwohearts said:
I wouldn't know about U2.com because they have yet to get my subscription up and running. I did go on once but could figure out how to do anything so I left. I would agree with U2fanmx.

Fanfire :madspit: and the U2.com organization is incurring my displeasure as well.

Same here. Not only did I NOT get my damn propaganda letter, but I went ahead and registered, paid the damn $40 and I only got one email, not a second email confirming my payment nor has my cc been charged. :madspit: So I have no idea if I am even a subscribed member or not or if they are just behind or what.

I am seriously considering just buying tickets for the public onsale date. This website sounds like it's going to make us jump all kinds of hurdles and pay all kinds of extra fees before we can actually get our tickets. I am not very good with computers, and I can't make sense out of all that stuff. I haven't received my confirmation of payment either. I filled everything out correctly, and it said I had been accepted, but no confirmation email. So I don't know what's going to happen. Why can't there be a big button on the website that says CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS. Why must we figure out this stupid site's riddles.

yeah, at first I registered for free, but when I found out you need to pay $40 for the ticket guarentee, I said "ok, why not", but now I can't re-register and pay the $40 if I wanted to, because there's no option to make changes to your username/account/whatever.

I sent them an email but have heard nothing.

I just registered this morning with the supplied code they sent me in the mail. It took less than 5 minutes and I got my confirmation email along with promised access. I've really had no problems with u2.com.

maybe the problem are for early subscribers and no for new ones.

I want to know if the band knows about the mess in your site.

The u2.com site it's stuck in a moment...

I still cannot understand the ire of the fans regarding the official site. (well I can understand the propaganda stuff, but thats another story)
I mean, honestly, what else do you expect from an official site? They have a pretty good amount of video, audio, a great timeline, a really big gallery, lyrics, interviews and a message board.
The design is nice, it looks exactly like the packaging of the deluxe HTDAAB set.
The news could stand to be more timely however.

I think criticism is good, but people have been ranting how horrible it is yet, I have yet to see a better organized or thorough fan site. I am not knocking interference at all however since I feel their message board and columns are good. They could definitely use a nice design update, but the content is there. I don't understand this mentality of liking one or other exclusively...

jet_jaguar72 said:

I think criticism is good, but people have been ranting how horrible it is yet, I have yet to see a better organized or thorough fan site. I am not knocking interference at all however since I feel their message board and columns are good. They could definitely use a nice design update, but the content is there. I don't understand this mentality of liking one or other exclusively...

The issue is that people are getting ripped off, not the design.

the site sucks ass. it's screwed that the biggest and richest band in the world provides such a shit site for it's fans. i mean, come on now. we should boycott it until they give us what we deserve.

jet_jaguar72 said:
I still cannot understand the ire of the fans regarding the official site. (well I can understand the propaganda stuff, but thats another story)
I mean, honestly, what else do you expect from an official site? They have a pretty good amount of video, audio, a great timeline, a really big gallery, lyrics, interviews and a message board.
The design is nice, it looks exactly like the packaging of the deluxe HTDAAB set.
The news could stand to be more timely however.

These are some of the reasons why I find the new site so frustrating.
*They are charging more for less. With Propaganda we paid about $7 a year and for it, we got physical magazines that we could keep and read later, exclusive CDs, and advance access to multiple concerts on each leg of whatever tour the band was on. Now, we pay $40 a year. For that, we get advance access to a single show rather than multiple shows. I know that I, and plenty of others, took the language they used in describing the advance tickets to mean that we'd have access to 2 tickets at as many shows as we wanted. Instead, they clarify after people join by saying that we only get access to a single show. I was thinking the $40 might be worth it for as many shows as we wanted. I really fail to see how it's worth a single freakin' show. We get downloads that we used to get for free on the former U2.com and which are impractical for people not using high-speed internet. We get emails, half of which are html gibberish, none of which tell us anything we don't already know. In my book, emails don't really compare to a physical magazine. We have to pay for full access to Zootopia, which used to be free. And we get a 25% off coupon for the U2.com store, which blows.
*The U2.com store blows. They don't let people know when things are backordered. They charge people multiple times for single purchases and add dishonest charges to sales. They charged my credit card after I told them I wanted an order cancelled, sent me the wrong items after the cancellation, and then told me it was my problem when I wanted to return them. Their service reps have absolutely no training and often don't even know what store they're representing.
*They stole from Propaganda members who didn't want to join the new U2.com. Rather than offering the option of a refund for issues not sent, they simply offered a discount on membership to the new fan club. They refuse to answer people who want to get a refund. This is fraud.
*The email program that goes with the website is horribly designed. Hell, the entire website is horribly designed. My mom could barely read a lot of it and her eyes aren't too bad. I've got 20/10 vision and I have trouble reading some of it.
*Principle Management is behaving like a bunch of pussies regarding it. They hired Signature Networks to run the website, the online store, and the fanclub. However, when customers take their grievences to Principle, Principle makes it very clear that they don't give a crap and feel they have no responsiblity. And of course, when Fanfire doesn't answer questions asked, the idea of customer service is worthless.
Basicly, they're doing a shitty job of running the thing and none of the people involved in the running seem to care. We're paying a lot more and getting less. Now, I know the argument might come up that the website's just getting up and running and that they had a lot of new members which could cause problems. To that, I respond that they've had three years since they killed Prop to get the damned thing working properly and for $40 a year, we should be getting damned good service from the get-go, not this crap. Fanfire built the crap, U2 doesn't give a crap, and we get dumped with crap. I know I wouldn't be resubscribing. Ooo, but we do get a membership card and a key chain. Those are sure as hell worth the other $33.

Back
Top Bottom