Fanfire: Ineffectual Idiots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishrule75

The Fly
I've never posted anything here before. However, this situation has me IRATE. I've been a consistent Propaganda subscriber since well before Achtung Baby. I got amazing seats for Zoo TV and PopMart. I was very satisfied with my Propaganda membership. Fanfire is, apparently, staffed with bunch of idiots. I have talked to three different people,and have gotten a different line from each of them. The most recent one had the gall to say he was going to "research" my claim. Aaaaaaaagh. How about I do a little class action "research" Fanfire? This has been so exasperating, and really a textbook lesson in the joys of bureaucratic futillity. This should not have been this hard. Computers, people. Databases, people. It's not like the Propganda list was written on a rock (or maybe it was). Ugh.

I finally called on Saturday, and I got through and was taken care of.

When they take down your information, make sure they ask you what your U2 ID is. Luckily I'm a fanatical collector so I had all my envelopes so I found it easily. I bet if they don't ask you for that they have no idea what you are talking about. I'm still waiting for my call back or letter though.......:eyebrow:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I finally called on Saturday, and I got through and was taken care of.

When they take down your information, make sure they ask you what your U2 ID is. Luckily I'm a fanatical collector so I had all my envelopes so I found it easily. I bet if they don't ask you for that they have no idea what you are talking about. I'm still waiting for my call back or letter though.......:eyebrow:

Don't get your hopes up, they took all my information, ID #, old address, new address etc. and I got the email yesterday saying I didn't exist in the database.

And they obviously took down the information because my email was one of the things I had given.

They've taken my ID about 17 days ago. It doesn't mean anything to these fools.

Really, you shouldn't even need the ID number, just your personal info and proof that's it's you. I knew this would happen, and honestly I've not the least bit interested in getting tickets this way. I will take my chances with ticketmaster. At least I know how to get good tickets with them...

irishrule75 said:
I've never posted anything here before. However, this situation has me IRATE. I've been a consistent Propaganda subscriber since well before Achtung Baby. I got amazing seats for Zoo TV and PopMart. I was very satisfied with my Propaganda membership. Fanfire is, apparently, staffed with bunch of idiots. I have talked to three different people,and have gotten a different line from each of them. The most recent one had the gall to say he was going to "research" my claim. Aaaaaaaagh. How about I do a little class action "research" Fanfire? This has been so exasperating, and really a textbook lesson in the joys of bureaucratic futillity. This should not have been this hard. Computers, people. Databases, people. It's not like the Propganda list was written on a rock (or maybe it was). Ugh.

I agree with your policies and would like to register to vote for you:wink:

Oh yeah -- Fanfire has all of my information - and at this point, probably rights to my first born child. And yet, I feel that this shall do me no good. I have my Prop ID number. They didn't even know what that was when I offered it. Faaaaantastic. I'm counting on my friend that used to work for Ticketmaster at this point. I have no interest in paying $40 for something that probably won't pan out anyway.

This isn't related to tickets, but I ordered two shirts from FanFire Sunday. I ordered one and there were no kinks, pretty good service, and speedy ordering. Five minutes later I found another shirt I wanted on their internet store. So I call them back and he asks me if I've ever ordered with them before. I laugh and say many times, in fact I did just five minutes ago. Well, after ten minutes of looking for my info, he concludes I've never ordered with them and says that I'm mistaken. That angered me. How dumb do you have to be to forget what you did a few minutes ago?!! So FanFire's not my favorite place right now either.

Apparently, "you're mistaken" has a shortcut key all to itself there. They must really think that U2 fans are a bunch of idiots -- seeing as how we have our ID numbers, and other various forms of proof of identity and membership - and yet WE are still "mistaken." Meh.

Back
Top Bottom