Fan Reaction to New U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Hey everybody!

Now that the new U2.com is up - I'm once again writing a fan reaction article to let the world know what U2 fans think of the new website. What do you like? What don't you like? What do you miss from the old website? What suggestions do you have that U2.com should one day implement?

Leave your thoughts here, along with permission to quote you (leave your name too!) and enjoy the new U2.com!

Thanks!! :wave:

Hi,

You can quote me.

Actually i like it much more than the previous site, it's easier to navigate, the old site used a scroll method that didn't work to good for me and now its perfect, the webmail is cool, and the ability to watch all the videos is very cool also. Some people are complaining about the colors, but they should understand this is the theme for the new album and they are following up on it.

Cheers
Jose
U2 fan from Dominican Republic :wink:

I dislike how the CSS is not compatible with Firefox. You pretty much have to use IE 6 to use that site.

Melon

I'm using Firefox for the first time today and it seems to be working fine as far as the website is concerned..........I really dig the layout, theme and content so far....was expecting a lot less.......very impressed......iTunes & Fanfire synergy is also very very cool

Xavier

Though the colors may be consistent with the whole album motif, it is poor web design to use that color scheme and font size. I am a fairly young person and I find it hard on the eyes.

I like the streaming audio/video. I hope they have more there in the future other than the studio albums. The email is neat, though I doubt I will ever use it.

Ok, well, I hated the old site, and my initial reaction is that this is a definite improvement. There are still things I don't like, but there's definitely things I like better.

With a few more uses, I'll be able to comment about it in more detail.

I like the site better, if only that it works in browsers other than IE.

But the colors and font sizes leave a lot to be desired.

I like it, but the audio/video links keep asking me for user name/password when i have already logged in.......and then it doesn't want to accept my password.

Frustrating to say the least.

My main criticism to the site has been the poor handling of Prop members and they way they have been mailing out letters. They should have (i) mailed the letters way before the site was up to prevent overlap and conflicts, and (ii) instructed their customer service to deal with these requests (as they seem to have no idea). Also, I could not find a direct number to call in case of questions or problems but had to go through their contact form or to the Fanfire site to get the number.

I think the site is beautifully designed, matches the look and feel of the album as it should and is easy to navigate. I like how it cross references different sections rather than make you jump back and forth. I don't see a problem with the font size and I am running 1600x1024 resolution.
I would like to see fun things added as well such as wallpapers, buddy icons etc.
I appreciate the amount of content it has. This is definitely one of the most comprehensive band sites I have seen. I haven't experienced any of the problems people are having. Could it be cos I am on a MAC running safari? I am sure the band wanted to make sure ol' Steve Jobs can visit easily and reliably! :)
I love u2.com..you can quote me on that!

Great site--a vast improvement over the old design, with those irritating-as-hell scrolling things....

I only have two complaints so far:
the site is soooooooo sloooooooooooow. I'm using a mac with highspeed internet, it should go faster. Perhaps I've just been using it at high traffic times?
and also, I hate the picture on the album cover and it's the same picture they have at the top of the site. These men are beautiful and photogenic--why do the repeatedly fail at taking good cover shots? The website should choose in improved picture....one that involves less douchitude.

i agree. This site is way to slow. I try to sign up for the subscription, but it takes so long that my computer freezes, and i can't get to the screen to put in my credit card. However, i do sign in, so i have about ten different names. All i want is the subscription. AHHHHHHHH

Overall, the site is better than the last u2.com. I have already solved my one problem, but now i can't check out of the freakin place, i even through in a t-shirt with the subscription, thinking they wanted me to buy something else. Could they have run out already? Any one have the same problem im having?

In the lyrics section, it shows up as dark gray text on a black background, so I have to highlight the whole thing. :|

i quite like it, only problem i am having is watching the vids and playing songs. signed up for membership still only get 30 seconds. tried logging out and back in, using IE6 and still getting no where. given up now:huh:

I seriously get the impression (with all this dark grey text on black background talk) that the site was designed on a monitor that is much brighter than yours...
the text's hexcolor is actually #CCCCCC the lightest shade of grey in the web safe color palette...its very close to white.
See what settings your monitor is at. That might help..

Anyone know how to increase the font size? My eye prescription has changed since I have been navigating it. :(

It's awful. The old site was awful. Some things never change.

It's slow, it doesn't work properly with Mozilla, who the hell thought that putting charcoal on black is a good scheme (I don't have x-ray vision), and on and on.

I'm more annoyed at the Prop problems I'm having than anything at the moment, so when I checked out the site for the first time, my mood was not improved.

I just happen to be overjoyed the site is even up an running at all. Congrats to the U2.com team good stuff!!

lyric section and all hmm!!

Put it this way: It's better than the last one.
It's a bit slower than I would like but other than that it's a bit of alright.

Cheers
Rinn
(you can quote me):D

seriously, am I the only one who can see the text is whitish/light grey? The contrast is the same as the blue text on light blue background seen here on this board.

jet_jaguar72 said:
seriously, am I the only one who can see the text is whitish/light grey?

I can see it that way too but the first time you log in the colours are stuffed. If you hit refresh a few times it behaves itself. And Im using Mozilla. I have lost count of how many times I have posted this :crack:

Back
Top Bottom