Fan Reaction to New U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MooMoo! said:
american only isnt it? th paying thing anyway. i cant sign up cost i dont have the right kinda credit card. :madspit:

there's no other way to get full access to the website other than paying so it's not just for Americans....there'd be a lot of p'd off fans in the world.

They take Discover I hope???? I backed out of the process before submitting any credit card info because I wanted to wait to subscribe when the kinks were ironed out. I have a "free" account that I can subscribe from, via the "express" option they've set up...but Ewan (in the News forum), who has a contact at Principle, he had Mastercard problems yesterday. I'm not goin to use that kind of a card though.

Quick poll: what credit card did you guys use to sign on (if you don't mind sharing.) I haven't gotten onto the page in a while but Discover was one of the options right? What were th eothers? Someone tell me the exact order the "drop-down" box was for credit cards. Was it Discover than Visa then what?

Last edited:
Oh sorry Ewan..saw your earlier reply in this thread...I replied to you in the other one..."More on the U2 Memberships" or the U2 Relaunches" in News I think..I'd still love a reply from folks to the "poll" though..I'm a classic Type B personality..paranoid if thinks don't go right..but I'm REALLY getting nervous now....

Last edited:
melon said:
I dislike how the CSS is not compatible with Firefox. You pretty much have to use IE 6 to use that site.

Melon

Any thing that has issues with firefox I do not like. Firefox is a web standard compliant browser so if U2.com is having problems in Firefox than the coding contains some hacks for use with IE...which is terrible: http://news.com.com/2100-1032-5088642.html
Instead of making progress we cow tow to Microsoft.

From the graphic design standpoint: I think the site (especially the forum) is too dark. Maybe it is just a personal thing but I get in a gloomy mood after visiting for too long, not has uplifting as say the “blue crack." And if you think I am crazy do some research on the psychology and the effect of light and color on the human mind.

Other than it being a (possible) hack, and too dark and gloomy, hey it is great.

You can quote me if you like, but I doubt the crowd that call Bono’s shit sweet smelling gold is going to care what I had to say anyway.

Expensive....especially since I have now forked over $80.00 for my membership. Signed up on the 22nd of Nov., never received a response to numerous emails regarding not being able to sign in. Being the most impatient person on earth, I signed up again and now have 2 accounts
:banghead:
Otherwise, the site is pretty cool, like interference better though.:)

RobVox said:

Any thing that has issues with firefox I do not like. Firefox is a web standard compliant browser so if U2.com is having problems in Firefox than the coding contains some hacks for use with IE...which is terrible: http://news.com.com/2100-1032-5088642.html
Instead of making progress we cow tow to Microsoft.

From the graphic design standpoint: I think the site (especially the forum) is too dark. Maybe it is just a personal thing but I get in a gloomy mood after visiting for too long, not has uplifting as say the “blue crack." And if you think I am crazy do some research on the psychology and the effect of light and color on the human mind.

Other than it being a (possible) hack, and too dark and gloomy, hey it is great.

You can quote me if you like, but I doubt the crowd that call Bono’s shit sweet smelling gold is going to care what I had to say anyway.

I know what you mean regarding colours / psychology thing....having studied all that in Human-computer Interaction studies during my Degree in Computing and put that into practice as I am now a web developer....but, the design is to tie in with the album design! I, personally, do not have a problem with the design of the site, as I take that into consideration. The problem i have though is with the site's functionality and I, like many of you, really have my doubts that the ticketing will go smoothly.

As a web developer I have to build my sites to be compatible with the major Web Browsers, therefore I have them all installed on my PC. I am surprised that people have found problems using Firefox and I found the opposite of what others have been experiencing. I could not get the checkout to work, when trying to get paid subscription, using IE 6 but it worked fine with Firefox.

Regarding my previous problem paying with my Mastercard, I don't know if it's coinsidence, but after a stern email to them (because they sent me an email saying to use a different card) my card then worked!

I have a doubt my friends::confused:

Does interference.com have contacts with U2.com ? :scratch:
It´s clear most of fans hate the HTDAAB designed U2.com, specially in terms of paid system :down:

So ( from the Poplemon idea ) may interference.com send a letter with all our feelings about this U2.com, so that they´ll make the needed changes ? :yes: :up:

I think that would be better for every one, both for us and U2.com, because it´s clear the page is going down and down with less and less visits.

What do you think moderators friends ? ;) :heart:

I just subscribed, and interference has it all over the u2.com forum. Or maybe it's because i know this one like th back of my hand.:wink: as for everything else, i guess we will see later.

Finally signed in, got all the correct emails, $20 page, coupon code, etc. Next step is to see if I've been billed properly, but I've posted in Zootopia and can get around the site.

This whole experience has been exhausting. I didn't feel the "glow" I got when I got my first email from them, WAY back on Dec 3. Glad I'm in though.

senrab said:
I like the design, but I think it's lame how they keep saying things like "Word has it that the tour is going to be announced very soon" and "All the news we could find".......isn't this supposed to be the band's official site? LOL

I noticed that too...I get my U2 news from Interference instead of the "official" site!

Don't know if anyone is still having trouble subscribing, but the email I got from u2.com had these instructions and they worked for me:
To take out U2.Com Membership follow these steps:

1. Go to U2.Com
2. Log in with your current user name and passcode.
3. Click on Subscribe
4. You will immediately be taken to the Shopping Cart
5. Follow the cart instruction for purchase

My AmEx was billed for $40, though it took about a week for it to show up when I checked it online. I honestly don't remember if my prop subscription ran out or not so I didn't wait for the $20 coupon (U2 = heroin for me....must....have...now!).

I just had my eyes re-examined a few months ago, so I didn't notice how small the font was until reading this thread. Yes, the colors are very dark but I don't find them horrific. I still haven't really ventured out of Zootopia and into the rest of the site to see all the rest of the goodies that come with a paid subscription (sheer laziness, I assure you).

The stars that people rate you with are really terrible for hopeless neurotics like me.

I also ordered a membership for $40 on 11/22. About a week after the new u2.com site went up I called fanfire to find out what happened to that early order, and I was told that it was never accepted. I was told to re-order the membership with the Prop code online, which I did about a week later. I had no problem getting the $20 order, signed in, etc. About a week after that I called fanfire again to make sure they deleted the earlier membership order as it was still listed in my account in the "order status" section (I noticed today that the "order status" link has been removed from the u2 shop/fanfire site). Anyway, they took all my info and said they'd get back to me about it, but haven't yet...this was last week. Prior to calling them about this, I sent a few emails asking them to make sure they cancelled the old order, but I haven't gotten any response to those either. So far, however, my credit card hasn't been charged anything for either membership.

Last edited:
Every time I see the word Fanfire mentioned, I wish we had a really GOOD, really GRAPHIC puke smilie. The one I've seen here won't do. :mad:

anitram said:
Every time I see the word Fanfire mentioned, I wish we had a really GOOD, really GRAPHIC puke smilie. The one I've seen here won't do. :mad:

Its not a puke smilie, but this is what comes to mind for me when I see the word Fanfire
2up.gif

Bono's American Wife said:

Its not a puke smilie, but this is what comes to mind for me when I see the word Fanfire
2up.gif

:lmao:

a friend of mine got screwed...ROYALLY...by fanfire...

she joined shortly after me, sometime in late 2001 when the Elevation tour was wrapping up.

turns out she called Fanfire as she did not get her letter like many of us....they took her info down, etc, asked for an email address, yadda fookin yadda....said that they would send an email instead of sending a letter...my friend even had her Prop ID # ready for Fanfire, which they wrote down, etc.

well well...
here's the email they sent her yesterday...needless to say, she is fucking pissed....BAW..that smilie is perfect for her situation.

the email from fanfire:

As requested we referenced our list of current and active members for
verification of your status, but, unfortunately were unable to locate any
information. As a result, at this time we are unable to provide you with a
discount membership code. All Propaganda letters to current and active
members, whose subscriptions have not lapsed, have been mailed out. Please
note that if your Propaganda membership had expired, you will not be
receiving a discount letter in the mail. We are sorry if your subscription
has lapsed, but, encourage you to check out the new U2.com. For your
convenience these are your membership features you will receive once you
join:
Guaranteed priority ticket booking for the 2005 tour
U2.com membership card in silver, red and black
An email account with an @U2.com email address
**Coming Soon** rare and archived video including clips from earlier tours
Special downloads
On-the-road reports and diaries from the 2005 World Tour
Exclusive interviews with U2 band member including: audio and text
Zootopia Discussion area (Forum)
Digital content including: screen savers, on-line calendar, and other great
tools
And on top of everything else you will receive 25% off on your first
purchase from the U2.com Shop.
You can check out all these benefits at www.U2.com/subscribe
Best wishes,
Rob
U2.Com Customer Service

:yell:

and that's WITH her Prop ID # handy....her subscription to Prop was alive and well. Complete and utter bullshit. :|

I didn't have any problems signing up because I waited until all the bugs were worked out, but I don't like the site. It's slow and I can't get the video to work properly half the time. The message boards aren't as much fun as the ones here. But the main reason I signed up was to get a decent shot at good concert tickets, so I guess the rest doesn't really matter - as long as I get tix, that is. If I get shut out somehow, I will be extremely pissed. :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom