Fake that poster contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
solar.jpg

pleeeeez post more posters!!!

i think u2 should have a contest and select some fan designed stuff....interferencers can do great art...

:D
These are great! I have no idea how to make my own, but you guys are really creative!
:applaud:

Well, unlike with the Solar thing, nobody is trying to pull a trick here. I think this is fine.

Yeah so most of these are obvious jokes so ha ha okay. But now I know u2 hates people who spend their lives on the internet speculating and especially people who get a thrill and 15 minutes of fame from breaking something leaked to the world!! No I will wait for the band to 'break' or 'leak' it or I want no part of it. It's their work and they have a right to decide when and how it will hit the public.

Believe it or not, but the band U2 do have a sense of humor. They are not the sour pusses some of you make them out to be!
:banghead:

AND if people are talking about U2, even when it turns out to be rumors, jokes or what ever, the point is .... hey people are talking about U2, which could lead to people listening to U2 which could lead to people buying U2 records. Why the fuck would that be a bad thing????? :rolleyes:

Great thread IMHO! :waves:

wavesofregret said:
Yeah so most of these are obvious jokes so ha ha okay. But now I know u2 hates people who spend their lives on the internet speculating and especially people who get a thrill and 15 minutes of fame from breaking something leaked to the world!! No I will wait for the band to 'break' or 'leak' it or I want no part of it. It's their work and they have a right to decide when and how it will hit the public.

:blahblah:
OK - Sorry but I'm going to need proof of this "hate" speculating statement.

EPandAmerica said:
Believe it or not, but the band U2 do have a sense of humor. They are not the sour pusses some of you make them out to be!
:banghead:

AND if people are talking about U2, even when it turns out to be rumors, jokes or what ever, the point is .... hey people are talking about U2, which could lead to people listening to U2 which could lead to people buying U2 records. Why the fuck would that be a bad thing????? :rolleyes:

Great thread IMHO! :waves:

Well believe it or not, your 'sense of humor' guys were officially and reportedly 'furious' over the Solar hoax. They felt such things confuse fans and hurt the release and promotion of the real thing. That's where I got the 'hate' thing sue. ;) I don't have a link but it was on several news sources I think here too. Yes the band was quoted as 'furious' as in not laughing. They have a sense of humor but they also have a temper. I get tired of people laughing everything off as a sense of humor. Bono has become very irate when people question his personal life, even the apt. thing. He sued over his bare butt being on a mag cover. So don't be so sure our boys are always laughing and cool with everything people online do concerning them. As I said at first, ha ha, these are obvious jokes here but I agree with Tip Top Prince.

wavesofregret said:

Well believe it or not, your 'sense of humor' guys were officially and reportedly 'furious' over the Solar hoax. They felt such things confuse fans and hurt the release and promotion of the real thing. That's where I got the 'hate' thing sue. ;) I don't have a link but it was on several news sources I think here too. Yes the band was quoted as 'furious' as in not laughing. They have a sense of humor but they also have a temper. I get tired of people laughing everything off as a sense of humor. Bono has become very irate when people question his personal life, even the apt. thing. He sued over his bare butt being on a mag cover. So don't be so sure our boys are always laughing and cool with everything people online do concerning them. As I said at first, ha ha, these are obvious jokes here but I agree with Tip Top Prince.

That fine, but perhaps you should remember that the press reports state the band was furious that hoaxers sent false information to U2 fansites. The U2 fansites are not the hoaxers that the band is mad at. As members of the U2 fansites, we (those who bought into the Solar crap) were all hoaxed - and I'm just as furious as the band is.

wavesofregret said:

There is a difference between the whole Solar thing and this. With Solar the people who made it was pressing it as truth, not for fun, but to trick people and to make them believe something that wasn't true. Where as with all of these nobody is saying "This is offical, this is real", we are all saying that "Hey, I'm a U2 fan, and this is what I think the next U2 ablum cover might look like" Not trying to fool or fake anyone, but doing it because as fan I'm so interested in this band that I'm willing to spend time and work on making an ablum cover that will never be used because its jsut for fun and just showing to other people as what it is, a CD cover made by U2 Fans for U2 Fans. No lies, no tricks, nobody trying to say theirs is offical or better then anyone elses. Just fun. I'm sure if the band saw that, they wouldn't care.

Because there is a difference between this and Solar, we aren't trying to lie, trick, or do anything to anyone. This is between the members of this board for the members of this board. And the only way for this to get out of hand and cause as much trouble as the Solar could, is if somebody from this board took somebody's work here and tried to email fans sites as this stuff being offical, but we could easily send that site this thread to show that its a fake, and not a fake that is trying to confuse anyone, a fake that is just for fun and entertainment until the next ablum does come out. So dont' get bent of shape, don't act like you are all high and mighty and just because you don't like it nobody else should. If you don't want to see anything here, then don't open it, and don't post here. Enough said.

Convoy said:

There is a difference between the whole Solar thing and this. So dont' get bent of shape, don't act like you are all high and mighty and just because you don't like it nobody else should. If you don't want to see anything here, then don't open it, and don't post here. Enough said.

:applaud:

No one here is trying to pass these posters off as real...and its not as if this is something truly serious like stolen master tapes or paparazzi photos of Bono's butt. Come on now, does anyone really think U2 is losing any sleep over this?

We are talking about a POSTER for crying out loud!

All it does is generate interest in the band and gives us something to actually talk about during down periods, because otherwise we'd have topics about Bonos hair or something.

Back
Top Bottom