eye opening website - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2001, 05:51 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 10:34 AM
eye opening website

Hello all,

I have long refrained from calling your attention to www.fair.org because the introduction of anything even remotely opininated tends only to add to the general ugliness, nastiness and personal attcks around here. (i don't know who is worse the nastiness of a political opposite or that of someone who just doesn't care) But I honestly feel that we have reached a point in our country's history where it has become an imperitive to be well informed and that means balancing the mainstream news with reputable media watchdog groups like FAIR. They were recommended to me long ago by my journalism professor and i think they do a good job of asking hard questions and pointing out things that have been omitted by others. To those of you who care, it can quite enlightening and therefore if one of you is impressed and better informed because of it then the inevitable abuse will be worth it. To those of you who don't, I don't care to hear about it. I won't be checking this thread so calling me names and directing streams of the foulest language anyone can possibly think of in my direction will do you no good.

Thank You

------------------
I float down the Liffey...

Old 10-15-2001, 08:20 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 07:34 AM
whiteflag,

I know you said you wouldn't check the replies in this thread. I also know I'm not from your country, so maybe you might think it's not my business. Even so, I wanna thank you for the link. Why? Because if you asked me what I consider a big problem in my own country I would say without a doubt, it's biased media. We have plenty of that here.

Old 10-15-2001, 09:10 PM   #3
War Child

Well, after perusing the site for a bit, I'm a bit unsure of what to think of it. The problem is this: While I agree with almost all of the articles on the site, it seems to have a decidedly liberal tilt. This causes no problems for me, a decided liberal myself, but I find it at once amusing and disconcerting that a website so intent on seeking out "fairness and accuracy" in reporting seems to be a bit unfair in itself. Now, if I had my way, there wouldn't be such a thing as conservatism anyway , but as long as there is I think that websites such as this should portray both sides a bit more fairly (because god knows there are inaccuracies on both sides of the political divide).
Thanks for the link, though. It's a very informative website.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:08 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:34 AM
mug222:

Although I disagree with you on many political issues, I really liked your response here. YOU are indeed treating the issue in a "fair" measure!

p.s. Did you ever get any Grateful Dead CDs?

~U2Alabama
Old 10-16-2001, 08:05 AM   #5
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:34 AM
I agree bama, mug's response was very fair...id like to see some of the people who posted supporting wolfwill, have a look at this site though...
Old 10-16-2001, 09:21 PM   #6
War Child

Oops, missed this the second time around... Thanks, Bama and Brettig. I lean left, but I still think self-proclaimed objective sources should remain objective, impartial and fair.

Yay! Bama and I agree on something!

P.S. Haven't got around to buying any of the albums yet, but I've accumulated a little collection of mp3's. They're terrific! I'm gonna go to HMV tomorrow, actually, I'll pick up a few CDs.

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 10-16-2001).]