Eye Contact...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's impossible to explain. You either get it (and share the adoration)or you don't. Different strokes for different folks.
I certainly think they appreciate and understand their fans' loyalty and intenseness and yes, even love(be it male or female). They might not agree with those who idolize them, because they still only see themselves as regular human beings. But they are one of the few bands who connect so much- Bono has even said that is what they(he) tries to do when playing live. He's always been "into" people. Maybe that's what draws us to him and the rest of them so much more. Anyway-just my opinion. :shrug:

Bono has always said that he tries to look for intense people in the audience, so I guess he's trying to get something from them as well as they get something from him and the band.

Also, for me, the eye-contact is everything but idolization, it's something totally human. If I'd idolize Bono too much, I wouldn't even be able to look him into the face.

I hear what you're saying, shart1780.

I'm sorry I came across all idol-struck... I just appreciated that Bono connects with his audience; I've been to quite a few gigs and never have I seen a singer give so much... it sucks when they don't or you feel like you are disconnected or just watching a show... and that's why I guess when he looked at me, I felt like thanking him... sounds silly... I know

Regarding the eye contact thing... I like to make eye contact with regular people when communicating with them... and as you say, the band members are regular people. ;) I wasn't going to look away…

Back
Top Bottom