Expired!?? Dang!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
So, I go to use my 25% discount code for the U2.com shop that I received when I signed up for U2.com, and come to find out it expired like a year ago!!

Dam%it !! I want to buy a Zooropa t-shirt. I had no idea they had expiration dates on these things. I don't understand why????

What's the purpose of that? If you bought a subscription, you should be able to use it whenever you choose.....ugh.

Is there any way to get it back??

Yeah, it sucks that there's an expiration date on it. Sucks even more that there's nothing really great to buy on there that costs a bunch of dough so that a mere 25% would actually mean more than 3 or 4 dollars....

tackleberry said:
So, I go to use my 25% discount code for the U2.com shop that I received when I signed up for U2.com, and come to find out it expired like a year ago!!

Dam%it !! I want to buy a Zooropa t-shirt. I had no idea they had expiration dates on these things. I don't understand why????

What's the purpose of that? If you bought a subscription, you should be able to use it whenever you choose.....ugh.

Is there any way to get it back??

That is ridiculous, once you join up you should get the 10% continuously - surely..

Re: Re: Expired!?? Dang!!!!

Ellay said:

That is ridiculous, once you join up you should get the 10% continuously - surely..

Agreed. Maybe 25% off the first purchase, then a 10% discount good for the life of your membership. It's not like it'd kill their profits----like i said, with the majority of their products being $20 tshirts, a buck or two isn't that much. :shrug:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Most discounts, rebates, coupons or whatever have expirations.

Why should this be any different?
:yes: i rarely have come across a coupon or any sort of incentive that doesn't have an expiration date.

especially since it expired a year ago, i'd be willing to bet they won't extend it. sorry, you shouldn't have held on to it for so long.

Roland of Gilead said:
Oh dang! My milk expired 3 days ago. I need to take it back to the store and see about getting some fresh milk for free. :coocoo:

It's not the product that tackleberry's complaining about.

It's the price of the product in the first place.

I agree with Ellay and Utoo about having constant discounts for members. I think it would be great customer relations and would make people really feel they have something special. The people who sign up for the fan club (and are willing to pay for it!) are among the band's most ardent fans. It would be a nice gesture to reward that with a discount...and I imagine it would actually increase overall sales and profits.

Sightly differnt tack but I bought oneof the Music Rising tshirts and when it arrived it had a small hole on the front right hand side. Its an Edun shirt as well!! I emailed to get confirmation about an exchange and I received an email apologisong for the damage teling me to keep the tshirt and they have given me a full refund!

Roland of Gilead said:
Oh dang! My milk expired 3 days ago. I need to take it back to the store and see about getting some fresh milk for free. :coocoo:

That's not the same thing smarty pants. :rolleyes:

Now, if I paid $40 for a carton of milk, and they said you can get 25% off of a purchase of a straw to drink it with - but you have to use that coupon within in a month -even though they don't have the straw you really want, and will not get that straw in stock until a year after the coupon expired.....well then it would be the same thing.

Bono's Tart said:
Sightly differnt tack but I bought oneof the Music Rising tshirts and when it arrived it had a small hole on the front right hand side. Its an Edun shirt as well!! I emailed to get confirmation about an exchange and I received an email apologisong for the damage teling me to keep the tshirt and they have given me a full refund!

hey are you going to get a new one with that refund? I'll buy the one w/ the hole! :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with coupons expiring. I think the U2 coupons last a LOT longer than all the other promo deals I get. Like when I get a new outfit at Old Navy or whatever and they give me a 25% off or $10 off coupon, usually you can only use it for one weekend or one week. :shrug:

My coupon expires a year from the date I joined. I'm planning on ordering a few things, so my discount will end up being pretty much. Between that discount and what I would've been willing to pay to get the Communicator CDs, the cost of a subscription wasn't that bad.

And my keychain even arrived quickly :wink:

But wow--Zootopia pales in comparison to the forums here, especially in layout and organization. I hardly ever go over there.

You purchase a product. It comes with an expiration date. The date passes. It begins to stink. Same thing, pretty much.

You as a consumer have to be aware of dates on the products (and offers) that you purchase.

This is not about price. This is simply about being responsible as a consumer to know your dates on products (and offers).

Sorry about the coocoo face earlier. It was uncalled for and out of character for me.

Long days and pleasant nights.

tackleberry said:
I had no idea they had expiration dates on these things.

This is in the same email they send to you with your discount code. It gives you the deadline date.

This is why I thought of milk. You don't buy milk without looking at the expiry date, do you?

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: i rarely have come across a coupon or any sort of incentive that doesn't have an expiration date.

especially since it expired a year ago, i'd be willing to bet they won't extend it. sorry, you shouldn't have held on to it for so long.

Yup. I know it sucks but every coupon I've seen has an expiration date. :shrug:

tackleberry said:
That's not the same thing smarty pants. :rolleyes:

Now, if I paid $40 for a carton of milk, and they said you can get 25% off of a purchase of a straw to drink it with - but you have to use that coupon within in a month -even though they don't have the straw you really want, and will not get that straw in stock until a year after the coupon expired.....well then it would be the same thing.
then you either buy a different straw at a discount or don't use it.

you held onto the coupon for too long and it expired. a long time ago. them's the breaks i guess :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

Yup. I know it sucks but every coupon I've seen has an expiration date. :shrug:

I have seen many coupons that have no expiration dates, so it's not all that unusual.

I still think it would be a nice perk if your membership automatically entitled you to a discount on merch bought through the official site store. More fan friendly and all.

Back
Top Bottom