Exit Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay!!! Exit appreciation! :drool: :drool: :drool: I love this song! Especially the live version with Gloria! It is so amazing!

Is there a reason that Bono has said it takes him to a dark place, a personal connection to the lyrics ?

Last edited:
blm said:
Is there a reason that Bono has said it takes him to a dark place, a personal connection to the lyrics ?

Because it is all about inhabiting the mind of a serial killer. I think considering the way Bono "inhabits" his songs that this would naturally take him to a very dark place. It takes him into the darkest recesses of his soul, what he could potentially have been if his faith hadn't taken him in a different direction. It is about someone whose faith has taken them on a path of destruction in the name of love.

Dana

Guys if there is interest...

I've been playing around with CoolEdit Pro with Exit, and I'm trying to tweak it a bit (so it doesn't start out as if I'm in the library). This is going to be some gentle boosting, so no chance it's going to intro like ABOY hehe. Basically just so you can clearly hear the beginning, yet still get the feel of "building" with the song as it gets louder. The cool thing is I'm using the track from my copy of the MoFi Soundlabs Joshua Tree and you can hear some really cool bits, guitar in the beginning along with Adam's bass etc. Anyway if anyone is interested I could upload it somewhere...I might boost the tempo just a hair, as it's played faster live and I like that better - we'll see how that sounds.

Exit is definitely underrated...I'd love to hear it live. :drool: It's got that murky, desolate bass sound that really builds into something frantic and great. Reminds me of Echo and The Bunnymen's Over The Wall, in that vein.

I've always thought Pearl Jam would do an amazing job with it as a cover.

pattip2000 said:
There is a fan made video up on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnhMguhy72s

Amazing song, I just wish you didn’t have to turn the volume on my ipod up all the way to be able to even hear the first 1/3 of the song. I hear the remastered version is :drool:

"I hear the remastered version is :drool: "

give info ! has someone gotten a hold of the remastered version ????

CTU2fan said:

I've been playing around with CoolEdit Pro with Exit, and I'm trying to tweak it a bit (so it doesn't start out as if I'm in the library). This is going to be some gentle boosting, so no chance it's going to intro like ABOY hehe. Basically just so you can clearly hear the beginning, yet still get the feel of "building" with the song as it gets louder. The cool thing is I'm using the track from my copy of the MoFi Soundlabs Joshua Tree and you can hear some really cool bits, guitar in the beginning along with Adam's bass etc. Anyway if anyone is interested I could upload it somewhere...I might boost the tempo just a hair, as it's played faster live and I like that better - we'll see how that sounds.

I'd love to hear this.

CTU2fan said:

This would be great ! will you be posting a thread on ' Music On The Internet ' ?

u2trinity said:

"I hear the remastered version is :drool: "

give info ! has someone gotten a hold of the remastered version ????

Yes, I'd love to hear it. The atu2 site is saying the JT special edition will now be released on December 10th. From what I've read previously, Exit will also have an 'extended running time.'

I love how U2 procrastinate & delay--if it was released a month later it would be the Special 21st Anniversary Edition. :grumpy:

Exit , extented . :drool:

If JT is going to be released this year , it's gotta be sometime in November if they push this to December they risk losing sales .

Back
Top Bottom