EXIT--All-Girl U2 Cover Band--IN PLAYBOY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andisono

The Fly
Sorry, boys and girls, no pics! What you will find is an article on all-girl cover bands in the June issue on page 22 ("Dude Looks Like A Lady"). EXIT is mentioned along with other prominent all-girl cover bands, such as The Ramonas (The Ramones) and Whole Lotta Rosies (AC/DC). Thanks, Hef!

If you want to see EXIT in the flesh, you'll have to come out to tomorrow's gig at Martini Lounge:

Saturday, May 18th
Battle of the Bands
The Martini Lounge Concert Club
5657 Melrose Avenue, Hollywood
(Between Gower and Vine) 213-467-4068
All Ages Event $8.00

First band goes on at 12:30 pm-last band at 4:30 pm (5 bands total). The set order is determined by advance ticket sales by Saturday. At this point, EXIT is a close number two in ticket sales, so it looks like getting there by 1:30 pm might be safe (subject to change). EXIT will be there from the time doors open at noon, so come hang with the girls and watch some great bands duke it out!

--Andi http://www.u2lafans.com

The Fair is Coming!
EXIT at the Great American Irish Fair!!!
June 15 and 16, 2002

has anyone seen EXIT perform live? if they have i would like to get ur feedback about em'. i have a video of em' and i think it's pretty kewl it's an all girl tribut band. GREAT guitar and bass player but..............well, i'll just leave it at that for now.

You forgot about the great singer... I'm not sure what kinda quality tape you have, but it could be from a night with a lousy club sound system if you can't hear the great vocals, especially on early u2 stuff like Electric Co., I Will Follow, etc... Nikki has that powerful, youthful punk energy that Bono used to have in the early days. It's very exhilarating to hear someone avoid the easy, carbon copy delivery and sing them from the soul... that's what Nikki does.

I'm trying to get some good quality mp3's to put up on my website, so you can hear what I'm talking about. They don't just look good, they sound good too.
smile.gif

--Andi http://www.u2lafans.com

They are looking like Hole.
biggrin.gif

Nice pics, esp. those who are taken on the MDH roof.

Well I have heard so much about this band but have yet to hear anything by them. I live in Pennsylvania so LA is a bit far. I really would like to see and hear them though. As far as playboy, I've seen all their pictures and yes, they are all very attractive. So I've seen the pictures and read the stories, now I need to hear the music. Perhaps someone will start making bootlegs of their shows and post them on the internet so the rest of the world can hear them.

honestly though......the singer CAN NOT sing worth a crap....she's horrible + they have no stage presence. great guitar and bass player but that's it. if ya wanna see the real deal you NEED to see Unforgettable Fire from NYC....the difference is night and day. ok, u can flame me now but EXIT is mediocre.

Sorry Praga, I disagree with you. I've seen EXIT perform several times and I think they're really good. ALL of them!

Nikki has great stage presence and a good voice.

You forgot about the drummer, she rocks too!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Praga_Khan:
honestly though......the singer CAN NOT sing worth a crap....she's horrible + they have no stage presence. great guitar and bass player but that's it. if ya wanna see the real deal you NEED to see Unforgettable Fire from NYC....the difference is night and day. ok, u can flame me now but EXIT is mediocre.

I don't think flaming you is worth my time. However, I'd like to fill you in on a little secret.

EXIT isn't just a "cover band". They play their own original songs. They are working to improve themselves as a band. look at it as a work-in-progress. The music they produce is NOT a carbon-copy of U2's. They do NOT spend hours emulating the band and trying to sound like them. They instead put their own spin on U2's music and it produces a very unique sound. For a band that hasn't been together for a very long time, the sound they are producing ROCKS. Please keep in mind that when U2 first started, they too were covering songs and were producing their own stuff as they went along. They, too were learning their instruments as they went along. Bono was still learning how to use his own instrument when they first started: his voice.

If you think they have no stage presence, then I honestly think you were dead when you were watching them play. Oh, but wait. Since you are so fond of Unforgettable Fire (which I've heard is pretty damn good, so I'm not knocking them) wouldn't it be a bit difficult to see a band *in person* that's clear across the country?

Oh, but you stopped in at Rusty's, wasted gas, wasted your money to park and buy a ticket, and basically wasted your time watching them.

blah. blah. blah. give me a freakin' break.

what you've been saying sounds vaguely familiar.

*cough*detlef*cough*

Moonie

Originally posted by Praga_Khan:
has anyone seen EXIT perform live? if they have i would like to get ur feedback about em'. i have a video of em' and i think it's pretty kewl it's an all girl tribut band. GREAT guitar and bass player but..............well, i'll just leave it at that for now.

Yes I have seen Exit perform live about 4 times amd I think you're deaf or a jealous UF fan. If it's one of those videos made by that u2rocksmyworld guy, I say WHATEVER. If someone showed me a homemade video of U2 and said oh this band is so cool I wouldnt get even a fraction of the intensity that I get in the actual live concert. Same thing can be said for the bogus video you probably have.

The singer sings damned good 90% of the time like any singer. They have great stage presence and emotional delivery live. Courtney or whatever she calls herself in the band is a great wanna be Edge guitarist and can really hit it on some of the older songs like Stories for Boys or even Ultraviolet. I don't see how you can even BEGIN to formulate the negative comments you have made based on a lame home video.

Anyway, I think the singer sounds good and they put a great twist on the idea of a cover band by being all females.

I haven't heard their original tunes yet but I hear it's quite good.

------------------
Camilo Arenivar

Email: camiloarenivar@yahoo.com

Yahoo Messenger: u2la2000

saw them for the first time saturday. they were great. lots of energy. did a very respectable job on the U2 tunes. their own stuff was terrific, too. i'm not sure what the gripe is about with the singer--she was really good, and a lot of fun. definitely time well spent. highly reccomment checking them out if you have a chance.

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
When are you going to be at the next show?
biggrin.gif
Don't let mr. u2rocksmysocks get you down.
wink.gif
Me & tiny will protect you.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif
(dkscully03)

Ah it has nothing to do with him. I've been having some hard times financially and just busy managing personal things in my life. I DO want to see them again, thank God they're playing alot so hopefully I will be at one of the next shows!

i was on EXIT's site but didn't see any mp3 clips to listen to. are there any around or bootlegs recordings of their shows? i'm anxious to hear em'.

------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds." -REDEMPTION SONG/Bob Marley

If its the band I am thinking about........ their bass player has a serious attitude problem.

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

Back
Top Bottom