Excuse my ignorance... is there a Popmart DVD coming out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balfron

Acrobat
I heard rumour a while back that a Popmart DVD was/is planned for 9th April.

Is a Popmart DVD planned for 9th April or later? I live in the UK...

Is it Mexico?

Thank you!

There are rumors, and according to the rumors, it's currently June or July. We've gotten info from peterrrr, who has a contact at Universal.

It is supposed to be Mexico City.

They said April but then it was postponed. Now the rumour is June. It is Mexico, with rumoured additoinal live songs and documentaries.

Bah.

BTW I thought i had subscribed to email alerts for this thread but they don't seem to be working.

Update from atu2.com:

There's an official document from Universal Austria making the rounds which shows the PopMart DVD being released there on June 8th. That would tie in with a June 11th/12th release elsewhere in the world. (Thx U2tour.de)

Anyone remember when DVD technology 1st came out (1997) and the Popmart DVD was suppose to come out after its original broadcast? Well, I remember reading that the end user (us) would be able to switch camera angles on the DVD. It would be kind of cool if this feature made it in after all these years. I was always excited to watch the entire Popmart show from the cheap seats.

It would be cool if the DVD had multiple angles. In some of Metallica's Live DVDs in a few songs you can select which band member do u want to see during all the song.

U2girl said:
Update from atu2.com:

There's an official document from Universal Austria making the rounds which shows the PopMart DVD being released there on June 8th. That would tie in with a June 11th/12th release elsewhere in the world. (Thx U2tour.de)

Ocean's 13 will premiere on June 8th as well. :D

kingofsorrow said:
MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOFFFFFFOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

everybody:
MMMMMMOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFOOOOO!!!!!!!

Honestly, I could just watch Pop Muzik/Mofo from this DVD 500 times in a row and be perfectly happy. :drool:

corianderstem said:

Honestly, I could just watch Pop Muzik/Mofo from this DVD 500 times in a row and be perfectly happy. :drool:
:drool: same here... those songs are just so amazing... :lol: I get badly hyperactive after listening to mofo too

zoopop said:
Anyone remember when DVD technology 1st came out (1997) and the Popmart DVD was suppose to come out after its original broadcast? Well, I remember reading that the end user (us) would be able to switch camera angles on the DVD. It would be kind of cool if this feature made it in after all these years. I was always excited to watch the entire Popmart show from the cheap seats.

Wow you are the first person Ive seen that posted this...I always remembered this and would post it as well, but nobody ever responded....got me thinking I was hearing things back then (was almost 10 years ago now...)

Back
Top Bottom