Excluding ONE, what is your favorite song from ACHTUNG BABY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Excluding ONE, what is your favorite song from ACHTUNG BABY?

• Zoo Station

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Even Better Than The Real Thing

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Until The End Of The World

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • So Cruel

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • The Fly

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Mysterious Ways

Votes: 20 10.9%
  • Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Ultra Violet

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Love Is Blindness

Votes: 14 7.6%

• Total voters
EBTTRT. In fact, that's my all-time favorite U2 song, not to mention my favorite U2 video. "Mysterious Ways" is a really close second.

I voted for "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses," but in reality it could have been any one of them EXCEPT "Love Is Blindness."

hey, i missed this one...i saw all the other "favourite song off ___ album" threads i think...but i want to play too!!

oh man, so many choices...ok, so i picked so cruel in the poll cos it's my favourite right now, but at one point or another every song on that album has been my favourite...so i'm just going to pretend that someone might actually WANT to read my long winded oppinions, and turn my post into some long rambling thing...

i don't think i could pick ONE even if it wasn't purposley cut off the poll...i love the song, i think it's an amazing song, but i had this bad experience with a final exam in high school choir where i suddenly forgot all the words and not even strumming the chords really loud helped to hide that...

the fly--my original favourite, something about the guitar part especially in the intro...

even better than the real thing--favourite for a while after seeing the video in all of it's spinning coolness (one of the best videos i've ever seen, i think, by ANY band)

mysterious ways--before i got the album, i had no idea that was a u2 song...i was watching the zoo sydney video and was convinced that it had to be a cover cos i didn't think u2 was THAT good...so that was probably my original favourite...

tryin to throw your arms, ultraviolet, WGRYWH, zoo station, UTEOTW--all at various parts of the summer before last cos i listened to achtung baby and pop while i was at work CONSTANTLY and my favourite track would change about 5 times a day...

acrobat--actually recently, i FINALLY realised how amazing it was, and can't beleive that i didn't burn a second copy of AB for my brother before taking the cd with me to college that INCLUDED it...cos i messed up while the cd was running and his copy is acrobat-less and has zoo station on it three times...

love is blindness--i have no idea how, when, or why this was ever my favourite...all i know is that the other day it popped inot my head from NOWHERE and i ended up thinking "wow, this is the most amazing song that i've overlooked for HOW long??"

Typhoon,

so more people can see it and vote in the poll. Does this in some way harm or offend you?

Until the End of the World. They will play this song at nearly every live show until the band breaks up.

STING2 said:
so more people can see it and vote in the poll. Does this in some way harm or offend you?
It in some way annoys me. 177 people have voted already. When do you plan on stopping, when every single person who has purchased or heard Achtung, Baby has voted? Maybe you intend to bump it until all 6 billion of the world's residents have registered their opinions? Give it a rest.

Last edited:
Love is Blindness.... I don't want to see, won't you wrap the night around me....

This song is second to One and is a touching tune with one of the coolest guitar solos. Live or in the studio it sounds great.

To Larry Mullen's Pop Angel:

Glad to see you like Coldplay's " The Scientist" GREAT SONG!!!

I love the way U2 would gel Ultra Violet into With Or Without You during the Zoo TV tour of 92. AMAZING!!!

Did you notice that the two songs have similar bass lines?

Back
Top Bottom