Everywhere you go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL

War Child
I remember when bono was on 60 minutes a few years back there was a bit with him driving the interviewer around and she asked what he listened to in the car. He turned on the stereo and a song U2 was working on came blasting out, a very melodic song with words like "Everywhere you go you shout it, you don't have to be shy about it"

Anyone know anything about this song and if possibly it morphed into one of the songs listed on the tracklisting? I loved the tune(as much as you can with a 15 second snippit) and was looking forward to hearing it.

Edge, can you field this one??

AussieU2fanman said:
Can you email me the snippet please?
stefnagy@gmail.com
I haven't got it on MP3 but there is a link that shows about 4 minutes of the interview and the bit with the song is in it. It won't let me post links because I haven't made 15 posts yet, but try this

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/stories/2001_03_04/story_297.asp

cut and paste

the song sounds good

Interesting. Don't know if it fits in any of the titles on the LP though....then again with U2 it's all surprises, isn't it?

Hold on, was this the 60 minutes interview with U2 performing stuck in a moment in the studio? It starts off by the interviewer saying, 'As lead singer of the Irish rock band U2, Bono is one of the biggest and most mispronounced names in music.' I have that
11min and 37 sec report. Is that the one you're talking about?
Bono never drove anyone around in his car? More info please.

AussieU2fanman said:
Hold on, was this the 60 minutes interview with U2 performing stuck in a moment in the studio? It starts off by the interviewer saying, 'As lead singer of the Irish rock band U2, Bono is one of the biggest and most mispronounced names in music.' I have that
11min and 37 sec report. Is that the one you're talking about?
Bono never drove anyone around in his car? More info please.

That's the one. Maybe you have an edited version of the video. The one that was shown on Canadian TV had it, as does the version on the webpage I linked
( Sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/stories/2001_03_04/story_297.asp )

Sorry, haven't got the resources to convert it to mp3 but its at the
4.20 mark of the video online.

wow, i think i could live happily forever just on snippets and unreleased material from the boys. i've never heard that one before, but i can only imagine how fabulous the finished product would be.

dandy said:

the interview was dated 4 march 2001, so not long after atyclb.

Yeah and i think the interview was done during the recording because it showed them recording Stuck in a moment, so It may not have made the cut for ATYCLB.

TheBrazilianFly said:
I can't see the video. I really want to listen to this osng!!! Somebody post it!!!

try this one. Cut and paste- The video should play full screen

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/media/ad1_60mins_video.asp?asf=/60_min/01_season/010305/u2_lo.asf

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:

try this one. Cut and paste- The video should play full screen

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/media/ad1_60mins_video.asp?asf=/60_min/01_season/010305/u2_lo.asf

It didn't worked. It's my computer's fault. Thanks for the help anyway maybe someday someone will post an mp3 of it! Thanks again! :up:

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:
I remember when bono was on 60 minutes a few years back there was a bit with him driving the interviewer around and she asked what he listened to in the car. He turned on the stereo and a song U2 was working on came blasting out, a very melodic song with words like "Everywhere you go you shout it, you don't have to be shy about it"

Anyone know anything about this song and if possibly it morphed into one of the songs listed on the tracklisting? I loved the tune(as much as you can with a 15 second snippit) and was looking forward to hearing it.

Edge, can you field this one??

That is to funny you even mentioned that song. I've been wondering the same thing about that. I have that interview, I believe that song was written for his daughters and I'm hoping it pops up on the new album or somewhere

It did premiere before ATYCLB, 60 minutes had a piece on u2 in the recording process and Bono's work in Africa, and then they re-aired it right before u2 was up for all those grammys in 2001. The narration was new the second time (why shes talks about the grammys), but all the footage is from before ATYCLB was released. So it was definetly left off the album, it does sound great though.

Lisa71 said:
It has a Beatle-esq quality about it. I like it :)

yeah, it kinda did! I remember him saying it was written for his girls. The words/meaning me of Always, so maybe Always took its place?

I guess it could turn up, but didn't the host say in that same piece that Bono had lyrics for over 100 songs?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I guess it could turn up, but didn't the host say in that same piece that Bono had lyrics for over 100 songs?

Yep.

There was another unreleased song in that interview, you can see the lyrics on Bono's laptop when the interviewer gets to go in the studio. I think the lyrics were "Out of me, out of you, out of reach of rescue"? :shrug:

*goes to look for interview video*

Last edited:
dandy said:

the interview was dated 4 march 2001, so not long after atyclb.

Perhaps Original of Species?

10. ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES

NME: In keeping with the calmer mood of the second half of the album, 'Original...' has subtle, cinematic strings backing a pretty piano. It builds into an epic ballad which is classic U2.

Q: A strident torch song. Contains the lines, "Some things you shouldn't get too good at/Like smiling, crying and celebrity."

Uncut :
If George Martin produced U2, it might sound something like this, with it's "I Am The Walrus" strings and Beatlesque ambience. "Baby slow down, please stay a child in your heart," Bono sings in an intriguing lyric.

The Edge: "The last time I cried was listening to that song. It was a song Bono started on the last record about my daughter Holly. He's her godfather. The lyric became more universal. About being young and full of doubt about yourself. He probably won't agree, but I think it has connotations for Bono, looking back to when he was 20

It's now about Holly, but maybe?

Guys, this is Original of the Species. The other name for that song in the time of ATYCLB sessions was Everywhere You Go. If I recall correctly, there was some webcam footage that featured a blackboard with song titles. Among them there was ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES(EVERYWHERE YOU GO).

djerdap said:
Guys, this is Original of the Species. The other name for that song in the time of ATYCLB sessions was Everywhere You Go. If I recall correctly, there was some webcam footage that featured a blackboard with song titles. Among them there was ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES(EVERYWHERE YOU GO).

now we know for sure that's what it is. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom