Everything You Know Is Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
major_panic said:
I'm surprised you don't hang around the 96 tram route - they're putting in the new trams that they've just had delivered in there.

Actually, I do! One of my friends who goes to uni here lives near it, and she's back from the US soon, so I expect I'll be riding the 96 and looking out for the new trams. When we had the meet-up on Sunday, I kept my eye on the 96 while I waited for the others in case the new trams went by, but no such luck. I'm not 100% sure if they're in service yet though. I've rather poorly kept up with the news there, I must admit.

I really do need to upload some more recent photos too, as none of those are from within the last month.

unico said:
ghooooooooooooooooooost tram!!!!!
awesome! do you have pics of the trams you do eat then?

I don't eat trams! But I could eat ON them. I really badly want to go on the restaurant tram. Problem is, it's really expensive and I'm a cheap and stingy bastard.

Axver said:

I don't eat trams! But I could eat ON them. I really badly want to go on the restaurant tram. Problem is, it's really expensive and I'm a cheap and stingy bastard.

It's a uni student thing. You know what else is a uni student thing? This STUPID FREAKING TIMETABLE ALLOCATION SYSTEM. Why the HELL can't they realise that everyone is gonna be online at 12am when the timetable first comes out changing things, and allow for it rather than having the server crash every single time?

[/rant] You're probably having the same problems too Ax, aren't you?

major_panic said:
It's a uni student thing. You know what else is a uni student thing? This STUPID FREAKING TIMETABLE ALLOCATION SYSTEM. Why the HELL can't they realise that everyone is gonna be online at 12am when the timetable first comes out changing things, and allow for it rather than having the server crash every single time?

[/rant] You're probably having the same problems too Ax, aren't you?

Actually, I completely fucking forgot. Thanks for reminding me. What REALLY pisses me off is that two of my classes don't actually have their tute times on the schedule, so I won't know until I actually go to change my tutes what other options I have! Bloody hell, this Alloc8 system is so fucking backwards. UQ's was much, much better.

But... That'd be like eating Thomas the Tank Engine! :(

And yes, I'm ridiculously pissed off at the University's timetable system. It's quite possibly the one thing that Monash is better than Melbourne at doing.

When I was 13 or 14, that Thomas The Tank Engine movie came out. My friend was also a train fan who'd grown up watching Thomas and we both wanted to go. But by ourselves? That didn't seem to be the cool thing to do ... so we dragged his little four year old sisters, neither of whom wanted to go, as cover! :lol:

major_panic said:
And yes, I'm ridiculously pissed off at the University's timetable system. It's quite possibly the one thing that Monash is better than Melbourne at doing.

Holy shit, this is just totally failing. At least last year, both times I managed to get it to work. It was long and arduous, but it'd work. Right now, I can't even get the sign-in page to load, no matter how hard I try.

This is giving me flashbacks to fighting with Ticketbastard's website for U2 tickets.

THEY HAVE NO PANTS!

... and, some comedians imitated U2's Streets video. I still preferred the lack of pants though :wink:

Maj. Panic: you, me, a pitchfork each, let's go to UniMelb's IT lab. Now.

I can't take a second more of this.

And, now that I think about it, those swords you mentioned too.

I can bring History faculty readers. Trust me when I say one of those dropped from a great height would be very lethal.

They did one in Australia this year too. I've been reading it for 3 years but sadly none where I go to school :(

edit: but I just watched a news coverage video from Boston where they have an MBTA cop going "well, we clean the seats every day, but that's brave to put your bare rump on those seats." :lmao:

Varitek said:
They did one in Australia this year too. I've been reading it for 3 years but sadly none where I go to school :(

I don't think you could ever convince me to do something like that. Even if it were the only way to get Heartland played live.

Axver said:

I don't think you could ever convince me to do something like that. Even if it were the only way to get Heartland played live.

You honestly wouldn't do it for Heartland? Really? What would it take? Heartland and Acrobat?

It would take me being hired as U2's permanent setlist designer, and the band being permitted absolutely no veto power whatsoever.

"But we don't even remember recording a song called False Prophet!" "I said PLAY THE THING!"

Axver said:

Ye gods, imagine the reaction of the hundreds of students that take the trains...

FOR BLOODY HELLS SAKES WHY WHY WHY are there SO MANY pages we have to go through just to edit our freaking timetables? I've gotten through to "edit" after 42 minutes, and now that's crashing too...

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Axver said:
It would take me being hired as U2's permanent setlist designer, and the band being permitted absolutely no veto power whatsoever.

"But we don't even remember recording a song called False Prophet!" "I said PLAY THE THING!"

:lol:

Somebody organized one of these in my college dining hall a few years ago by sending emails to random people. We all took off our pants for 15 minutes and went into the serving area at least once.

I vote UniMelb's timetable system to be the Epic Phailure of the Australian Internet 2008. Seriously, it's all I can do not to put my fist through the monitor screen at the moment...

major_panic said:

Ye gods, imagine the reaction of the hundreds of students that take the trains...

Even worse: the route 96 at about 11pm on a Friday night. I hate riding that at the best of times.

FOR BLOODY HELLS SAKES WHY WHY WHY are there SO MANY pages we have to go through just to edit our freaking timetables? I've gotten through to "edit" after 42 minutes, and now that's crashing too...

:scream: :scream: :scream:

I can't believe it: I just successfully changed one of my tutes! The one I most wanted to change too!

Otherwise, though ... this is doing my head in! Ugh. And there's so not enough tutes on offer for Terrorism: Shifting Paradigms.

Varitek said:
Somebody organized one of these in my college dining hall a few years ago by sending emails to random people. We all took off our pants for 15 minutes and went into the serving area at least once.

Somehow I suspect I'm missing out on everything, living by myself and largely not interacting in the university community.

I can't figure out if this is good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom