Everything I like about How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love how you sum up COBL, that's exactly how I feel about it. I think it is perfect and one of the few songs on the album that isn't over produced.
Also love what you said about Fast Cars and Man and A Woman, my other two faves. Like RademR said, HTDAAB could have been a truly great album, not sure exactly what that missing ingredient was.
Great post.

LemonMelon said:
I've made a color-coded pie chart to illustrate my point:

u2albumcyclena3.jpg

Your praise is coming towards the end of the HTDAAB hate cycle, and you're praising ATYCLB during its upswing.

Believe me, it's all chemical reactions. We can't help it. Not even I am immune.

"It's the circle of LIIIIFFFE!!!!"

xaviMF22 said:
HTDAAB is the best U2 album ever :drool:

all because of you :drool:

vertigo bitches.....vertigo :drool: :drool:

Dude... Are you okay? Who are you and what did you do with xavi? :eyebrow:

xaviMF22 said:
HTDAAB is the best U2 album ever :drool:

all because of you :drool:

vertigo bitches.....vertigo :drool: :drool:

Stuck In A Moment is sex...:drool:

Is That All is a lost classic...clearly U2's best song ever....

Unforgettable Fire is U2's best album bar none, and Achtung Baby is totally NOT overrated.:yes:

U2girl said:

How much do you wanna bet Bomb will get a similar surge in popularity like ATYCLB did after the next album comes out?

If the next album is significantly worse, then yes, it will get a surge.

Mmm, pie.

Great post, Zoots! I think Bomb is a solid album, and I agree with everything you wrote. It's been growing on me steadily, and I reckon one day it will do a stint as my favourite (probably in accordance with that neat pie chart). :up:
Vertigo is way too much fun to play on bass :drool: ... and COBL's bassline reminds me how damn fast Adam is! I have a lot of practice ahead of me :wink:
LAPOE was my favourite track on there right from the start...
And I adore Fast Cars... :rockon:
One Step Closer :heart:

Heck, it's all good! :D

Last edited:
yahweh's spiritual feel
vertigo
sometimes
one step closer:love:
original
man and a woman
city

dont like: miracle drug

And I like this version even more!

City of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You (alternate)
Native Son
Sometimes
Original Of The Species (single)
Yahweh (alternate)
Love And Peace
Fast Cars
Crumbs (acoustic)
Are You Gonna Wait Forever
Mercy
One Step Closer

Not only does my new alternate tracklisting rock more, the songs are much better overall and the flow is not that bad either IMO. It might need some working towards the end, but it is already better than the album I think. ;)

PS: Sometimes and OOTS were made to be together! :love:

I gotta commend you Zootlesque. That was great to read :up: It's always refreshing to hear constructive thoughts instead of out-and-out positivty or negativity. Creates more to talk about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom