Everyone who had GA for the tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Sicy:
There's actually a funny pic.. I have to post it.. db9 and her.. and me in the background flipping her off..( to the left)
tongue.gif

Everyone there enjoyed that too.. hehe..

Yeah part of the show my arse.

333%3C7%3C4323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A597%3A534ot1lsi

* runs

I'm with Sicy! I was sick of seeing that chick at every show. I was sick of her NEVER waiting in line but being in the heart. And I don't care what she "said" her and her mother did.

Again, SICY ROCKS!!!

------------------
"Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Originally posted by Like O2:

I'm with Sicy! I was sick of seeing that chick at every show. I was sick of her NEVER waiting in line but being in the heart. And I don't care what she "said" her and her mother did.

Again, SICY ROCKS!!!

That's fine Eileen.
You can say whatever.
She only said nice things about you to me.

Diamond

I have a story to tell too.

For the second show in LA (11-13) I waited in the GA line just like everybody else. Actually got very lucky and stood at the end of the rail on Adam's side. All of a sudden a friend I met during my Slane trip comes through!! I new for a fact that she DIDN'T have tickets AND she didn't wait in line!!!

I asked her how she got into the heart and she tells me that the guy that was our tour representative during out Slane trip ALSO worked on U2's crew. She got his phone # in Dublin, kept up with him and HE got her the tickets and got her into the heart!!! I'm telling you as much as I like her, that really pissed me off!!! A majority of these people waited hours upon hours and all of a sudden here she comes with little hassle!!!

Just thinking about it pisses me off!!! Oh also I had an extra GA ticket for the 3rd LA show for her, but she never showed!!! I could have taken one of my sisters, but she asked!! Go figure!!!

rolleyes.gif
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight diamond.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 04-23-2002).]

This entire thread makes me appreciate Chicago -- and love United Center line security -- about 100 times more than before.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by Tech:
I have a story to tell too.

For the second show in LA (11-13) I waited in the GA line just like everybody else. Actually got very lucky and stood at the end of the rail on Adam's side. All of a sudden a friend I met during my Slane trip comes through!! I new for a fact that she DIDN'T have tickets AND she didn't wait in line!!!

I asked her how she got into the heart and she tells me that the guy that was our tour representative during out Slane trip ALSO worked on U2's crew. She got his phone # in Dublin, kept up with him and HE got her the tickets and got her into the heart!!! I'm telling you as much as I like her, that really pissed me off!!! A majority of these people waited hours upon hours and all of a sudden here she comes with little hassle!!!

Just thinking about it pisses me off!!! Oh also I had an extra GA ticket for the 3rd LA show for her, but she never showed!!! I could have taken one of my sisters, but she asked!! Go figure!!!

You were SO pissed
rolleyes.gif
at LA 2 that you sold out your sister and saved "her" a ticket for LA 3?!?! UMPH!!!!

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
She said nice things about you too, Sicy.
smile.gif

BIG FAT LIAR !!!!
You are just saying this stuff to us to make her look good. I didnt say one word to her so why would she say nice things about me?
God I need like 12 rolling eyes smileys.

Give it up.
icon25.gif

Yup, Like O2 Stupid wasn't it!! But you see that was "suppose" to be the only show she was going to see. She actually begged for that ticket and stuff and I knew she was a die hard fan. She still made sure that I would have it for the show.

OH also since my sweet cousin was driving back from Vegas then I went to pick up a friend for the show very, very early in the morning, my beautiful mother said there was her words " NO WAY" my sister was going to miss school. That's cool because I'm beginning to convert them to U2 fans and I already promised them that IF they tour, they are going to see them LIVE!!!

Futhurmore-

Much to my dissappointment Ive known several,several interferncers who have "snuck" into the Heart.
I will never divulge them by name.
I will not go about disparaging people publicly.
They know who they are and usually have a excuse that is justifiable to them only.
I will let their conscience be their guide.
All in all , I think about 99 per cent of the people in the Heart at shows were there legtimately.
smile.gif

This is about as close to perfection that you can get at a rock show, I think.
wink.gif

We dont live in a perfect world.
frown.gif

And Sicy I am glad a certain interfencer rang your hotel rm. w/a wake up call,dragging you outta bed, interrupting your beauty sleep, enabling you to make it to the line early enough- to recieve a # in the 300s thereby including you in the Heart.

Smile Miranda loves you both O2 and Sicy
tongue.gif
She spoke favorably of you both
smile.gif

Diamond

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 04-23-2002).]

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
And Sicy I am glad a certain interfencer rang your hotel rm. w/a wake up call,dragging you outta bed, interrupting your beauty sleep, enabling you to make it to the line early enough- to recieve a # in the 300s.

This again? You're going to hold that over my head forever arent you.
I already thanked you plenty of times for that.

L
A
T
E

|
|
|
|
V

rolleyes.gif

333%3C7%3C4323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A597%3A534ot1lsi

Is that the same girl that wore the tan cowboy hat and had a sign that said "BONO PLEASE DANCE WITH ME AND MY MUM" or whatever, in Chicago leg 1, 4th night I think?

Anyway, ugh. LOTS of linecutters appeared in Chicago, leg 3. One girl in flipflops (in 30 or whatever degree weather
rolleyes.gif
) and her 2 friends came and tried to push in near us -- she got so pissed off when people started pushing back. And another girl tried to do that, and called the woman a bitch who pushed her out of the line for cutting
rolleyes.gif

And St. Louis.. I saw a few cutters, but nothing major.

Hmm.. I also saw people in the heart with no wristbands at all, possible cutting? Anyway, I also wanted to say that, again, people in seats can be just as rude. I've posted the story here several times, but the summary of it is: 2 nerdy guys yelled at Bono "motherf*cker, motherf*cker" during What's Going On and One at Chicago leg 3, 1st day, they shoved me and fortunately left before One ended, and a guy behind us also screamed,"This sucks" during a song.
rolleyes.gif
And, also, the guys that were so rude showed up the second day for GA and tried to cut. REAL dedicated "fans".

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 04-23-2002).]

Originally posted by MunkyMan:
true. But if any of you know any, ask them why?? How did other GA lines deal with the cutters? I was in Hamilton and it was pretty bad!!!

I was there and you're right, it did suck.

In fact, I was talking to one of the few decent guys I'd met that day in line and he said after about a dozen Elevation concerts he went to, he could say Hamilton had the worst GA line.

------------------
I can't even say the bloody word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

Originally posted by anitram:
Bonovation, which night in London was that? I was there for the 4th show, and quite a few people tried to cut right in front of us, but then a couple of guys we were sitting with told them where to go.

MunkyMan, the group I was with was sleeping right next to you guys in Hamilton, inside the first baricade. There were a couple of girls cutting in line behind us, and some of the guys started yelling at them to get back, calling them cows, etc. That's what happens after spending 24 hours on the pavement.
wink.gif

Gee, now why does this story sound so familiar anitram?

wink.gif

tania

------------------
I can't even say the bloody word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

Originally posted by dhodgdon:
and my "vertically challenged" wife could not see very well.

I have a "vertically challenged" wife as well. I showed her pix of the heart in Miami on the web after the tour opener, and she decided she didn't want to do GA. So when the tour hit Boston, I went GA with my brother and a friend, and she went to Bos4 and sat in loge 20. After seeing the show in person, she had a change of heart and figure she could handle the heart. So when they came to Providence, I took her into the heart, we grabbed a spot along the rail on Adam's side(right where Bono laid down during UTTEOTW) where there was a sparser concentration of people. She was able to enjoy the GA experience despite her stature(only one girl presented a slight problem, trying to cut in front of her along the rail evry time Bono came along, but we put a blockade on that). However I would not have taken her outside the heart , too many people, at least inside there was some elbow room. She froze in line(and reminds me of it to this day) but enjoyed the experience once inside.

Originally posted by mistyrose:
I was there and you're right, it did suck.

In fact, I was talking to one of the few decent guys I'd met that day in line and he said after about a dozen Elevation concerts he went to, he could say Hamilton had the worst GA line.

I can vouch for it Hamilton was awful and security treated us horribly. Also I know for a fact that someone on this thread snuck into the heart, they were on the cellphone with me as they were doing it, and it wasn't dimon. MSG 10/27 was an awful GA line as well..and NJ 10/28... is widely known as the worst

Sorry had to edit it said it was dimon...it WAS NOT DIAMOND

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 04-23-2002).]

* runs

Well Miranda, if thats her real name ( I think she told me something else)

She claimed to be from Tulsa, Oklahoma, I wonder if thats real or not.

Anyway, Bono did pull her onstage 2 out of the 3 shows I attended with her. And she was the first to start the cowboy hat thing (dallas 4-3) this tour anyways. Hell, by the last dallas show hundreds of ladies were wearing cowboy hats and even some guys (one cool guy had an awesome american flag hat that he threw on stage, I believe he went into the air force too)

She did work "promotions" for part of the tour, and Bono did have a little conversation with her lovely mother.

There was a spot of bother in Austin at the Fado's the night before the show. There was damn near a riot between some of the riggers and me over her wanting me to take their picture and something about me not being allowed on that side of the bar because they were trying to get some and I was interferring.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, she was a really beautiful and sweet girl, I seen her again in dallas and I would love to see her again someday
smile.gif

Out of my 4 Elevation shows I had GA tickets for 3 and all three times I made it into the heart the honest way...Sitting/standing for several hours, putting up with heat/cold, using nasty public restrooms
eek.gif
, but it was all worth!
And it wasn't all bad wainting in line, I got to spend time with some great fans and got to talk to Bono for a second.
smile.gif

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
There was a riot in the GA line in Atlanta in March of 2001. I don't know if anyone who was there posts here...

*raises hand*
I don't know if I would call that part the riot...maybe the stampede through the doors which disabled the security check....that part was sooo scary!

I was at the front of the "second" line, and went to talk to security to find out what was going on...they had no clue, did not know what the second line was for or what was going to happen to us, so a bunch of us demanded that they restore our places in line since they couldn't give us any answers.

But earlier than that, there was a homeless guy carrying around a rusty folding chair and trying to 'sell" places in line! He apparently got this idea from a guy at the very front of the line who told him to do it as a joke (he didn't think he really would do it). So this guy plops his chair about 10 feet up the line from us, and these two guys come along and paid him $20 (a piece, I think) and think they have rightfully purchased a place in line! We couldn't believe it! We eventually got them to go back, but they weren't happy about it, since they'd paid the money...oh well...not our problem (who had been waiting all day for our place). I'd not heard of such a thing before!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Tampa was interesting imo. I was 85th and they let everyone into the arena according to number, but the doors to the floor were closed and then it was a free for all to the heart once the doors opened. Did that happen at other shows?

It was the only bad thing about the entire show. The arena played music during the day had food outside. Pretty good really.

Ah, the GA lines...

I had the experience with just Vegas and LA3... as far as I could tell, they ran incredibly smooth. Except for the choice few who decided to try and cut in at the last minute here and there.

As for the heart experience, I'm not vertically challenged. heh. I enjoyed both Vegas and LA3, except for the obnoxious b*tch who decided to punch my friend Charlie in the face because Charlie had her hands out to receive a guitar pick Adam's tech was tossing to her. Not only that, but because the pick went flying, she thought the pick landed where I had just put my foot down to start walking. Do you know what that girl did? She actually got down on her haunches and proceeded to try and PRY my foot off the GA floor. I asked her, "what the hell are you doing?" except that I couldn't really say it loud enough... I'd lost my voice. I put all my weight down on my foot, all the while, she's yelling at me to move my foot. "HELL NO!" I tried to yell back. When she realized she couldn't pry it off, she got up and tried to *push* me over. Holy shit, I had just experienced two very emotional nights in the heart, I was an emotional wreck after the show because it was my last Elevation show, and the last thing I needed was for some b*tch to be literally trying to push me to the ground. At the time, I had no idea why she wanted me to move my foot, and because she went about it so obnoxiously, like hell was I gonna move my foot. When she started to try and push me over, I tapped on Charlie's husband's shoulder (Sicy, you know these two - they were the ones dressed in shiny black vinyl suits - Charlie was the woman dressed in a catsuit who danced with Bono at LA2, and her husband, Monster can be a scary-lookin' guy, but he's actually pretty nice) and said, "Monster, help me!" and he took one look at the bimbo, and *bink* pushed her over onto her butt. She took off, and we looked under my shoe. No pick. That's when Charlie told me the girl had socked her in the face to throw her off balance in order to get the pick.

I swear, if this girl I'm talking about is on this list, shame shame shame. What a horrible, mean, think only of yourself thing to do. And, on a side note? I got a pick from Dallas outside after the show. Heh. *nee-ner nee-ner nee-ner* so there.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

I was in Atlanta too. We got there at 9 AM and were 20th in line. At about 6 PM, they split shoe of us up front into 2 lines, and we were at the front of the 2nd line. Once "through the door" we let people who had been in front of us in the master line go ahead of us. Perhaps the "riot" was more due to 4 guys who showed up about 5 PM and walked up to the front of the line to "chat" with security and coast their way to the front. I know we are all supposed to be peaceful, pacifist U2 fans, but I wanted to kick their asses. If I ever see them again, well...

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by Tech:

I did not see the two shows I attended in the GA, so I may be naive about things, but I don't find anything wrong with the band or their crew giving tickets to people to be in the heart without waiting. If a U2 crew member gave you tickets and told you he/she would get you into the heart would you show up and wait with everyone else?

------------------
?....we?re being thrown out of the studio, we spent 10 minutes writing this next song, 10 minutes recording it, 10 minutes mixing it, 10 minutes playing it back and that?s nothing to do with why it?s called ?40??.? ? Bono - 4/29/87, Chicago, IL

I don't know if this counts as cutting in line but in Albany my friend Ed and I arrived at the G.A line at 8am. My friend Hayley and her other friends had been there since 6h30am. I asked if we could join her and wait with her and we talked to the people around her to see if it was alright if we went in front of them and they were cool with it. On the 5 shows that I went to it's the only time I got ahead in the line.

There was a lot of problems in Montreal May 27th with the g.a line. There was not clean line so I guess everyone was somehow cutting in line. Same thing in Hamilton. I was right behind Skeek (I was wearing the devil horns). But that line was messed up ! I really pity those who had been waiting since the day before and were screwed.

Moonie that is a f***ed up story!

My friend and I had some problems with a couple of girls in Montreal May 27th. One of them wanted to beat my best friend because she had gone to the bathroom and when she came back she took her place behind me, but the girls interpreted as her taking their place which was not the case. Anyway they wanted to beat her up, then one of the girls took my place when I wanted to go and give this flower to Bono, and all my stuff was there, (including my purse)and then threw my jacket at me. Finally near the end of the show I got my purse back (a very nice Interferencer nicknamed iamwhoiam recuperated it from the she monster). But my best friend made the girl's concert experience horrible.
eek.gif
Let's just say my friend is lucky not to have left the concert with some bruises.
redface.gif

I've also had some problems with other girls in Montreal in October. Even though I had arrived before them at the rail in front of Bono's mic ( i had waited a long time for that spot. it was my only chance to get it)they pushed me to the side saying that they were there before me because they had gone to get their wristbands.It was funny cuz we hadn't seen them anywhere near us in the line. They were in the back but they had magically moved to the front of the line.
rolleyes.gif
Everything got settled when they saw that I was separated from my friends.

G.A is a bittwersweet experience. It's fun to wait with your friends, and the anticipation is cool. But sometimes the stress can take over and the heart could be a pretty rough place to be. I think that if U2 does G.A next time I'll be more cool about it and not really care what spot I get for most of the shows. I do realize that I have been extremely lucky to have seen U2 live and in G.A style don't get me wrong ! I have had just about any spot in (or outside the heart) and I was very happy.

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 04-23-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom