Every album cut live? Who's got 'em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I was driving along and thinking "Does anyone have at least one live version of every song from every officially released album?" Bootleg or legit.

Do you have it?

(I'm looking especially at Sicy, U2Lynne, Blue Room and that little minx Marty here.)

There are some songs that were never played live, so I don't think anyone *could* have them all. Some were played at soundchecks, however.

Oh, and Happy (late) Birthday!

Last edited:
U2Lynne is correct, not every song has been played live. Here is a short list of songs never done live:

Stranger In a Strange Land
Is That All (unless you count The Cry, essentially the same guitar)
Drowning Man (only snippets have been sung)
The Refugee
Red Light
Promenade
4th Of July (only played over the PA as intro music)
Elvis Presley And America
Red Hill Mining Town (only done at soundcheck)
Heartland
Acrobat (done in rehearsals, acoustic only, audio of it exists)
Some Days Are Better Than Others
The Wanderer
The Playboy Mansion (snippet sung at the end of Streets 1997)
When I Look At the World (snippets sung at the KC 2001 show)
Grace

Oh and Electrical Storm and Hands That Built America also! ;) I think Electrical Storm will be done on the next tour though.

Thats off hand, there are alot of B sides that have not been done live also.

Last edited:
Hello Martha,

Nice of you to think of me. :) You make my Monday morning at work! (Yep, no holidays for me! Not anymore that is.).

Anyways... I've been digging a bit in my head (not that difficult as it's mostly empty :p) and I've come up with an answer:

No

Well, that wasn't that difficult as I knew almost 100% I don't have everything. I have a nice collection of live recordings (around 60 I guess), but I don't have everything. But I'm not missing that much. Of the songs that are played in concert (so excluding any rare things they did in soundchecks) I don't have Like A Song (only played once or so), So Cruel and Holy Joe.
Looking at this small list, I'm surprised how many songs I have live. Wow! I never knew I was that much a fanatic. Oh well, there are worse things to be. And most songs sound very good live.

C ya!

Marty

martha said:
I knew you guys would come through!

But, do you have everyone it's possible to have? :sexywink:

I don't know for certain, but I might have everything from Joshua Tree on that it's possible to have. Lately I've been focusing on getting recordings that have those tracks that have only been played a couple of times live. Maybe sometime when I actually *have* the time, I will go through and see just what songs I'm missing. However, I'm very satisfied with what I have.

I think I have all of them that have been played except for Scarlet. It was done on TV on 10-14-81 for the BBC. A recording of the TV show exists, I just dont have it.

So some of you could, if you wanted to (and had way too much time on your hands, like I obviously do, if I keep asking about this), you could recreate each album (with the noted exceptions) live. Couldn't you? Hmmmm? :hyper:

I'll let this go soon. Humor me. This fascinates me for some reason.

Yes, for the most part you could. Quality and type of recording would vary though on alot of it. But you could find soundboards of most songs played live. War and Unf. Fire would have some obvious gaps though.

Back
Top Bottom