Everlasting Love question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgespet

Refugee
Not sure if this is the right place to post this...if not feel free to move it! :reject:

Anyway this is a question that has been bothering me for a while now. During "Everlasting Love" on the Best of 1980-1990 cd, Bono is obviously laughing several times. It's really cute & I love it, but I'm about to go crazy to know what was so funny!!!:crazy: Any theories, stories, anything??

*Everlasting Love ends*

He does seem happy but I don't think he was laughing. BTW that's a really good song, I had forgotten about it. I should listen to it again. In fact I will right now. :)

Edgespet said:
but I'm about to go crazy to know what was so funny!!!:crazy: Any theories, stories, anything??

To agree with everyone else, he is/was probably having a really good time and being such a joyful song, that's probably what created the "laughing" you heard. It doesn't necessarily mean something was funny - it could just be pure happiness.

2nd verse.."you won't regret (little giggle) I'll come back begging you"

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a cute little Bono giggle in there...:cute:
Anyway, right or wrong, I adore this song. I loved it even before I heard U2 cover it! It is a wonderfully happy, bouncy song & I'm sure they had a blast recording it. I would love to have been in the studio for that one!!

Its sounds a bit like a one take song but this is purely my opinion and not based on any facts whatsoever.
Funny you should say that, because that was my impression too.

they sound a little tipsy to me, that really-happy stage...

....and Edge's "Ooo-WEE-OOOO!" is funny, you gotta admit...

:lmao: :yes: :lmao:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Last edited:
Ahhh, Everlasting Love, I haven't heard it for so long. But it's such a great song, like everyone's said. I've never noticed any laughing though ... I'll have to listen more carefully.

Maybe he is laughing 'cause it is such a happy song? Maybe it is something a band member was doing during the song? When I play that song myself on the guitar, i Can't help but smile and laugh :) Maybe it is just one of those things that remain a cute mystery :)

Edgespet said:
2nd verse.."you won't regret (little giggle) I'll come back begging you"

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a cute little Bono giggle in there...:cute:
Anyway, right or wrong, I adore this song. I loved it even before I heard U2 cover it! It is a wonderfully happy, bouncy song & I'm sure they had a blast recording it. I would love to have been in the studio for that one!!

Hi Edgespet!

I went and listened to this while driving to the store and you're right, Bono does laugh a little. It's cute. I'm glad you mentioned it or else I never would have noticed.

Thanks!

Michelle

:wink: Edgespet....I have loved this song as long as I can remember! it's definetly been a fave of mine..I DID notice the 'giggle' of Bono's..how could anyone miss it?? (not saying that to any of you..just that I REALLY noticed from the first time I heard it)..and I thought of that 'UF" video..where Edge and Bono are singing together..then Bono messes it all up laughing? It seems like Edge made Bono laugh by something he was doing..?So I was thinking maybe Edge did something while Bono was singing! In the studio..something They would Know!!:wink: And, you are right..it Is a happy song..!:yes:

Thanks for the responses everyone! It's great to know that at least if I am losing my mind, I'm not alone! :lol:

I can very easily see Edge doing something to get Bono tickled while he's trying to sing...probably on purpose, too! Revenge for all the times Bono's tormented/teased him on stage! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom