ever heard this upbeat demo version of "The First Time" or these Bono collaborations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
http://www.u2marbella.com/u2mp3.htm

some rare songs at the bottom of the page after the JT Madrid bootleg (though that must be imcomplete, only ten tracks), but this was something new, at least it's new to me, I wish the demo of "The First Time" was clearer, still interesting with the upbeat arrangement, kinda like a folk song; I like how Bono says "I haven't really written the words yet," then goes on to sing them all! twit, haha... then some more whining about how "I can't sing when I'm playing," but a few lines are different, like "I left by the back door, I took another road"

"Give Me Back My Job" never heard of that Bono collaboration, he just sings that one verse, the 2nd one before Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, I don't know who the other fellows on there are, does anyone know the origin of this recording? and then there's another thing with Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles, "Let the Good Times Roll" (no, it's not a Cars cover)

Thanks for the link; there's some really terrific stuff there.

I think I heard the First Time demo once before. I really like it--it's a (as you say) folksy direction that U2 hasn't really mined as much as they could (should) have.

These are great. I hadn't heard that before. The First Time is very interesting.
There are a few others there I hadn't heard either like Give Me Back My Job and Oh Jeannie.
Craig, I think the Bono poem and the angel thing I sent you once on a cd?
Thanks for the link.

Wanderer,

Thanks so much! Some really cool stuff. I really like how Bono justs belts it out toward the end of 'Sweet Jane'. Some serious scream-singing going on there.

------------------
The Tempest

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
some rare songs at the bottom of the page after the JT Madrid bootleg (though that must be imcomplete, only ten tracks)

It?s written there that only the first CD of the Madrid concert is avaiable for now. On May 21 they will replace it with the second one. Just a little help with Spanish language
wink.gif

And the other mp3s are linked from oliveu2cm?s page, in fact. That demo version of the First Time is really great.
smile.gif

That's interesting, that demo of The First Time.

I think U2 write all their songs on acoustic guitar first though. So I doubt they were going to originally record it as a folk song.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
That's interesting, that demo of The First Time.

I think U2 write all their songs on acoustic guitar first though. So I doubt they were going to originally record it as a folk song.

I don't think it's only the acoustic guitar that gives it a folk-y tone: it's also the arrangement of that version, to a certain extent. I wonder if they'll ever go down that path a bit more...

These are from my website.

This is why I can't host songs anymore, because when people link directly to my site they are clogging up my server and if I have to find another server it'll cose $1200 a year.

This is the second person I found who did this in two weeks.
mad.gif

------------------
She makes you watch her from above

*U2 Take Me Higher*

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
These are from my website.

This is why I can't host songs anymore, because when people link directly to my site they are clogging up my server and if I have to find another server it'll cose $1200 a year.

This is the second person I found who did this in two weeks.
mad.gif

Argh.. that sucks Olive. I hate it when people direct link to other people's files. Maybe you should make the notice about direct linking to files on your site bigger, in bold at the top of the page? Also, if you haven't already, definitely contact the person who has that page about it.

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

Thanks EM.. yeah I plan on making it huge.. i had it huge but then thought it was obnoxious.. oh well.. I emailed him/her so we'll see.

i'm sort of calming down, but this just .. arg.

anyway i guess some people don't get to my site often and figured I'd post this link for my MP3s here. It's not updated recently but that is a decent list of the songs I have and can upload each month if it is requested. So.. I can be reached at u2takemehigher@yahoo.com for requests.

p.s. thanks follower for mentioning their source.
smile.gif

------------------
She makes you watch her from above

*U2 Take Me Higher*

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 05-20-2002).]

Hey Carrie...thanks for the songs on your site, and also, I noticed that the link has been taking off that site, and that not too much damage has been done. I guess some people just get a little over zealous in sharing the U2 love.

Chris

Hi Chris,
yeah I know, I sort of got a bit carried away but.. I guess I just paniced after finding out they might discontinue my service if the site gets too clogged.. I really want people to be able to share them, so hosting them themselves would be great. I wish I was large enough to do it for others but I'm not. I'm trying to see what I can work out w/ other webmasters so maybe we can all share at a low cost.. we'll see.

------------------
I was like a two year old, wanting more....

*U2 Take Me Higher*

Back
Top Bottom