Ever had a weird U2 Concert Dream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gmplace0401 said:
I don't think this is the first time its happened, but this morning I had one of those pre-wake up weird dreams. This time I was at a U2 concert in Ottawa.

Here's what I remember:

* Its a massive outdoor show, but it is not a regular tour stop. Perhaps it is a tv special.

* Crowd in front is chanting "Play New Stuff...Play New Stuff...Play New Stuff"

* Edge says into a mic "We'll play whatever we f*ing feel like playing"

* Band launches into an amazing rendition Stuck in a Moment to open - a post-punk, dirty electric version with all four members singing chorus and...somehow the rendition worked.

* Beautiful Day
* I Will Follow
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* Electric Co.
* Mofo - fans freak out, but half way through the song, the whole crowd is gone because of a security threat...band keeps playing and for some reason, I'm watching from the stage.
* I chat it up with the band while we wait for the crowd to return, and for some reason, Bono needs a new shirt...so I give him my Sam Roberts Band t-shirt and he wears it the rest of the show.
* Crowd returns
* Bono gets behind piano and starts playing Mercy...band join in. Very rough as bono plays numerous off notes...guess he should have had a few more lessons. But awesome to hear Mercy played at all.
* Large African-American choir comes on stage. U2 picks up horn instruments and provides the music for some new gospel song. Choir sucks. U2 on horns aren't any better. Boy in middle of choir starts a disruption and choir is cut off half way through song.
* Edge gets on synth and begins an intro that sounds very much like Coldplay's "Clocks"...wait a sec, it is "Clocks". A Coldplay cover? Half way through song, they totally lose sound.
* Concert comes to an abrupt end and I wake up!

Weird but very cool at the same time.

Anyone else have a bizarre U2 concert dream?

Wow! How do you remember your dreams so vividly? I can only remember bits and pieces of my dreams.

I had a dream that I was at MSG and U2 was playing a concert there. I was right against the stage holding a sign that asked if I could play a song with them. In the dream, my best friend, Dana was the lead guitarist of our tribute band and I was the lead singer. So Bono pulls us onstage and we play I Will Follow. This is a few years in the future. I'm probably in my early 20s. Right now, I'm 18. My hair is longer like Bono's. Bono's hair is short and slightly gray. Dana is wearing Edge's cap. So we play the song and afterwards I hug Bono and we go back into the audience. Then I woke up.

Re: Re: Ever had a weird U2 Concert Dream?

Bono's Betty said:

Wow! How do you remember your dreams so vividly? I can only remember bits and pieces of my dreams.

I rarely ever remember my dreams that vividly, that's why when I woke up remembering it like I was just there, I thought it was interesting enough to post it...perhaps now I'll remember it for a few years to come, unlike all my other ones.

Anyone have the gift of interpretation?:)

In 8th grade, I had a dream that I was at a U2 concert. I was having a great time, and then all of the sudden I saw my history teacher. He said, "Hi, Katherine!", and then I woke up...remembering that I had a history test that day that I had forgotten to study for. :mad: Talk about ruining my fun! :lol:

I had a few u2 dreams. In one I joined em on stage at my local teams park and am not kidding ya, we played this most amazing tune which was beautiful.....but next day the tune had gone from my mind.If only i could recall the tune ad make a fortune. What a great dream that was. Was as good as the ones in which I can fly or am superhuman

Not a dream, but still funny.

When I was 12 I became a U2 fan in 1995. Even though I'm from Ohio, at our county fair the carni's had a Zooropa Euro Tour shirt. I remember being shocked that they did a Zooropa tour. I thought the Zooropa tour meant they only played Zooropa songs. I thought that they would sit Edge on stage and do shit to him like they did in the video for "Numb" while the song played on the PA. So I thought that these concerts were only them playing the 10 songs from Zooropa.

my weird dream was, i was in a band, who was doing very well as a Tribute Band, and we were like known as "The next U2",

so it gets to a point where U2 announce there FINAL concert ever! where at? Wembley Stadium, how long? ALL DAY!

Starts off in the morning with other bands like Queen, Paul Rodgers, The kooks etc etc etc, gets to something like 6pm, we havent been on yet but are majorly stoked about going on to perform, this is when Bono and the guys walk up to us and say

"hey guys, we want to announce something on stage after youv done a couple of songs, and we would also like to perform a long version of Bad, similar to our Live aid version, just to get the crowd really going"

we sed sure thing, so we go on, crowds cheering, gettin goosebumps, and its winter aswell so its dark already, all the crowd can see is black shadows of us coming on stage, we open with COBL, Crowd going ballistic!

we do 3 more songs which were:-
COBL
UTEOTW
Elevation
God Part II

Then we announce U2 on stage, they announce how its been great performing, but they wont be performing on there own as a band, which a large amount of Boos are heard, im thinking why they booin, then again they just said they wotn perform,

Then bono announces thats why they are gonna perform the biggest show ever alongside us, at that point, the lights dim out, a blue spotlight on Bono, and he sings most of Bad on his own, no music

then when he reaches the stage where he sings "so let it go, and so fade away" for the second time, before the long instrument section, me and Larry start a long base beat getting louder and louder, while tapping teh hi-at, and the guitars are doing the general notes of Bad, again getting louder, crowd freeze with goosebumps

Then bono yells at the top of his voice

"and so FADE! FADE! FADE AWAY! FADE AWAY!"

thats when the lights come on, every last light flashign away to the beat, and the instruments go on for approx 10 more minutes before Bono comes bak to finish the song, the crowd go wild!

and as if its not enough, we continue the show with:-

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Mofo
Where The Streets have no name
LAPOE (both me and larry doing the same thign!)
SBS
Pride in the name of love
Out Of Control
All I Want Is You
One (with Mary J Blidge)
encore
With Or Without You EXTENDED!
Zoo Station (with steel drums!)
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
New Yrs Day
Mysterious Ways
encore
Kite
ISHFWILF
IWF
Gloria
ACD-ITH
EC

we go off with thunderous applause

but U2 come back on to say one final thing and finish with one song, they announce that we continute as U2-2
playing the music everyone loves, everyone cheers, then they finsih the show with 40, very freaky sounds when standing backstage absolutly knackered! lol

how weird is that dream please?

I have dreams like this all the time. The most recent one I remember was actual a Radiohead concert. It was in a VERY small theatre, and only about 100 people were there. My friends were sitting about 10 rows back from the stage, but since it was so empty I got up and ran down to the front of the stage for a super-intimate front row concert experience. They played There There, Bangers and Mash, maybe one other new song, maybe one completely fictional song my subconcious made up on the spot, and then I woke up. I hate waking up from dreams like that.:grumpy:

prideofzootv said:
my weird dream was, i was in a band, who was doing very well as a Tribute Band, and we were like known as "The next U2",

so it gets to a point where U2 announce there FINAL concert ever! where at? Wembley Stadium, how long? ALL DAY!

Starts off in the morning with other bands like Queen, Paul Rodgers, The kooks etc etc etc, gets to something like 6pm, we havent been on yet but are majorly stoked about going on to perform, this is when Bono and the guys walk up to us and say

"hey guys, we want to announce something on stage after youv done a couple of songs, and we would also like to perform a long version of Bad, similar to our Live aid version, just to get the crowd really going"

we sed sure thing, so we go on, crowds cheering, gettin goosebumps, and its winter aswell so its dark already, all the crowd can see is black shadows of us coming on stage, we open with COBL, Crowd going ballistic!

we do 3 more songs which were:-
COBL
UTEOTW
Elevation
God Part II

Then we announce U2 on stage, they announce how its been great performing, but they wont be performing on there own as a band, which a large amount of Boos are heard, im thinking why they booin, then again they just said they wotn perform,

Then bono announces thats why they are gonna perform the biggest show ever alongside us, at that point, the lights dim out, a blue spotlight on Bono, and he sings most of Bad on his own, no music

then when he reaches the stage where he sings "so let it go, and so fade away" for the second time, before the long instrument section, me and Larry start a long base beat getting louder and louder, while tapping teh hi-at, and the guitars are doing the general notes of Bad, again getting louder, crowd freeze with goosebumps

Then bono yells at the top of his voice

"and so FADE! FADE! FADE AWAY! FADE AWAY!"

thats when the lights come on, every last light flashign away to the beat, and the instruments go on for approx 10 more minutes before Bono comes bak to finish the song, the crowd go wild!

and as if its not enough, we continue the show with:-

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Mofo
Where The Streets have no name
LAPOE (both me and larry doing the same thign!)
SBS
Pride in the name of love
Out Of Control
All I Want Is You
One (with Mary J Blidge)
encore
With Or Without You EXTENDED!
Zoo Station (with steel drums!)
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
New Yrs Day
Mysterious Ways
encore
Kite
ISHFWILF
IWF
Gloria
ACD-ITH
EC

we go off with thunderous applause

but U2 come back on to say one final thing and finish with one song, they announce that we continute as U2-2
playing the music everyone loves, everyone cheers, then they finsih the show with 40, very freaky sounds when standing backstage absolutly knackered! lol

how weird is that dream please?

yours is more weird because it lasted - most peoples would end right after they announce you get to perform with them

Dream Number One:

They're playing in my town, which is weird enough, as there aren't that many people in our town. In fact, they've played to audiences more than twice the size of my town.

Anyway, I was there with a friend, but by the time we got there, there was no space at the front and we couldn't see very well.

After the first song, everyone got bored and left. Except me. I went up to the stage and listened for a while. Then U2 got pissed off (because I was the only one there) and just left the stage.
I followed them to their dressing rooms.
Bono was in a shitty mood, so I walked past him into the next room where I accidently walked in on Edge getting changed.
Edge got really angry at me, and I got angry at him because it was just an accident and he didn't have to be such a dick about it.
I stormed off and found Larry, who gave me a hug and said Edge was having a bad day and I shouldn't worry, he didn't mean to yell at me.

*End of dream*

Dream Number Two:

I went to see U2 play in Melbourne, but it wasn't in a stadium, it was in a theatre or something.
I had pretty good seats, close to the stage.
U2 started playing, I can't remember what they played, but they were really good.

About two songs in, Bono seemed to be getting really agitated, and started screwing things up, which made Edge screw up everything too.
I looked over to my right, and saw Adam and Larry sitting at a little table drinking coffee. I said to them, "What the hell are you doing down here?! You're meant to be on stage!"
Larry said, "Nah, when Bono and Edge get like this it's best to let them sort it out by themselves."

Sure enough, after a few minutes, everything was okay again and Adam and Larry rejoined Bono and Edge and finished the show.

*End of dream*

Last edited:
I dreamt they performed at the school I used to go to, except it wasn't, if that makes any sense.

There were big metal fences up, though they weren't really needed cos there was hardly anyone in the crowd. I stood right at the front.

Then the band kept pulling people up onto the stage in a weird 'butlins-esque' audience participation thing.

It all got a bit strange at that point and I woke up.

I had a dream that PopMart was set up in my school cafeteria, they played no more than 4 or 5 songs. Then I woke up.

gmplace0401 said:
I don't think this is the first time its happened, but this morning I had one of those pre-wake up weird dreams. This time I was at a U2 concert in Ottawa.

Here's what I remember:

* Its a massive outdoor show, but it is not a regular tour stop. Perhaps it is a tv special.

* Crowd in front is chanting "Play New Stuff...Play New Stuff...Play New Stuff"

* Edge says into a mic "We'll play whatever we f*ing feel like playing"

* Band launches into an amazing rendition Stuck in a Moment to open - a post-punk, dirty electric version with all four members singing chorus and...somehow the rendition worked.

* Beautiful Day
* I Will Follow
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* Electric Co.
* Mofo - fans freak out, but half way through the song, the whole crowd is gone because of a security threat...band keeps playing and for some reason, I'm watching from the stage.
* I chat it up with the band while we wait for the crowd to return, and for some reason, Bono needs a new shirt...so I give him my Sam Roberts Band t-shirt and he wears it the rest of the show.
* Crowd returns
* Bono gets behind piano and starts playing Mercy...band join in. Very rough as bono plays numerous off notes...guess he should have had a few more lessons. But awesome to hear Mercy played at all.
* Large African-American choir comes on stage. U2 picks up horn instruments and provides the music for some new gospel song. Choir sucks. U2 on horns aren't any better. Boy in middle of choir starts a disruption and choir is cut off half way through song.
* Edge gets on synth and begins an intro that sounds very much like Coldplay's "Clocks"...wait a sec, it is "Clocks". A Coldplay cover? Half way through song, they totally lose sound.
* Concert comes to an abrupt end and I wake up!

Weird but very cool at the same time.

That is definitely made up, nobody remembers THAT much of a dream

Meghan said:
Dream Number One:

They're playing in my town, which is weird enough, as there aren't that many people in our town. In fact, they've played to audiences more than twice the size of my town.

Anyway, I was there with a friend, but by the time we got there, there was no space at the front and we couldn't see very well.

After the first song, everyone got bored and left. Except me. I went up to the stage and listened for a while. Then U2 got pissed off (because I was the only one there) and just left the stage.
I followed them to their dressing rooms.
Bono was in a shitty mood, so I walked past him into the next room where I accidently walked in on Edge getting changed.
Edge got really angry at me, and I got angry at him because it was just an accident and he didn't have to be such a dick about it.
I stormed off and found Larry, who gave me a hug and said Edge was having a bad day and I shouldn't worry, he didn't mean to yell at me.

*End of dream*

:lmao: that's kind of sweet :cute:

yeah I had a dream once that U2 was filming a music video in the small town I used to live in. there was NO reason they should lol...somehow I ended up in the back of a car with Bono and I was being very affectionate and then we went to the carnival?? :scratch: :lol:

I LOVE THIS THREAD!! I am so happy I am not alone! LOL well my U2 concert dreams are SO wierd...I remember once while everyone was speculating what the Vertigo stage would look like I had a dream that U2 had a B-stage that floated over the crowd... now THAT was really wierd...really sci-fi...but I've had better more exciting ones :wink:

I had a delightfully strange "waking up" dream the night after a ZOOTV show in March '92. I dreamed that I was in one of the front rows, Edge's side of the stage, and during the show Bono pointed to my area and swept his arms up in a circle. This, I later found out, was stage-lingo for a bunch of us in the front rows to be whisked backstage...(I wish in real life, I wish)....It turns out that the World Cup Finals were on that night, Ireland had made it that far, and of course the band and entourage were ready to party hearty. The champagne was flowing like water and nobody was checking ID! Soon everybody in the band was three sheets to the moon and as the game progressed, the tension became unbearable. As the minuntes went by, the suspense grew, and so did everyone's blood alcohol level! Finally, the team Ireland was playing scored (I forget who it was) and the place went bananas. Edge, totally soused, began crying and howled that he'd lost his hat....Bono reached over for the nearest object at hand, a slice of pizza, placed it on his bald head (cheese down, of course), took him in his arms and consoled him at Ireland's loss, "There, there, mate," etc. Meanwhile, even those of us who aren't even ethnically Irish are crying....

I've dreamt that it's 1983 and I'm 19 years old and its U2's first concert at Madison Square Garden. I have front row seats and Bono is on stage in front of me and I'm trying to look around him to get a look at Larry. Bono is annoyed that I'm not paying him any attention and finally stops the show and asks me what is so important in the back of the stage that I cannot sit still and look at him? I tell him "You're blocking my view of Larry". Bono wants to know why I'm looking at Larry. I say "Well, he's quite beautiful, isn't he?" Everyone laughs and I get invited backstage and Larry and I have tea after the show and exchange addresses and become penpals...........................

I had a dream being right in front of U2 of the Vertigo Tour and calling my dad to come...Then I woke up, I had this dream the night after I saw U2

Meghan said:

That's not a dream, that's Popmart!

:(

PlaTheGreat said:
"I'm incapable of keeping this out of my mouth!" :eyebrow:

:lmao: :lmao:

I went through about a year starting when HTDAAB was released, having frequent U2 dreams. I started writing them down. This is one of the oddest/more amusing ones:

I'm at a U2 show. I apparently had a special ellipse ticket that allowed me to hang out on part of the stage. Only it wasn't all high tech with curtains of light and electronics and stuff. At the very front of the stage were the guys and their instruments, but the very back of it was more like a school auditorium stage, very plain and stark. And apparently, you could draw a curtain separating the two portions of the stage.

Anyway, we were on this back stage watching the show, dancing, having fun, maybe about 10 of us in all. Next thing we know, Bono pulls a young girl on stage, maybe about 7 or 8 years old, and brings her back to our part. He draws the curtain to separate us from the other part, walks over to the side, toward an old portable phonograph player, turns it on, and then scratchy old music comes on. It's an instrumental version of The Hokey Pokey. He starts singing it behind the curtain with us (although I was aware that it was being sent over the PA and the rest of the arena could hear it all. So...we all start doing the Hokey Pokey with him and this young girl. We do one leg, one arm, the other arm, and finally the 2nd leg. The problem is, for the 2nd leg, all he was able to get out was "You put your right leg in..." before the record stopped. So he sang the rest acapella, and I had an awareness that once the music stopped, the audience was no longer hearing us, and would be wondering what we were doing. He finished the verse, then turned to us and said, "I'd better get back out there." I stepped up and said "yes...they'll be wondering what's going on, but you couldn't leave us with just the Hokey and no Pokey." He laughed heartily, then turned to go through the curtain.

In my dreams, not only does Bono harbor a secret desire to be some sort of kids' show host, but I'm also a D-grade comedian. :huh: WTF?

Yeah I had this dream where Edge broke every single one of his guitars. So he took mine and never gave it back.

I'm still furious about that one.

GibsonGirl said:
Yeah I had this dream where Edge broke every single one of his guitars. So he took mine and never gave it back.

I'm still furious about that one.

:lol:

I had one the other day with Marty McFly, The Edge, and Phil Hartman as Jesus.

That's all I can remember :|

Yeah I did...one time I dreamed I was seeing U2 at a really small club except instead of a stage, Bono was standing on top of one of the tables in the place. I was next to the table, but everytime he would look at me, he had this really disgusted look on his face.

I wonder what it means...:uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom