Even Better Than The Real Thing...back the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was always my least favorite song on AB (though I like all of them), and I still think the studio version was better.

Live it's memorable for Bono swinging the camera around (like that isn't old at this point), and not much else. Slide guitar solo, who cares?

as a voice instructor and music education student, I can tell you that "take me higher" is in falsetto and Bono is very capable of singing it nowadays...

in fact, most of the high stuff he does now Is a mix of what people refer to as 'head-voice and falsetto'

he can do it.

macfesto said:
as a voice instructor and music education student, I can tell you that "take me higher" is in falsetto and Bono is very capable of singing it nowadays...

in fact, most of the high stuff he does now Is a mix of what people refer to as 'head-voice and falsetto'

he can do it.

I don't believe he can :waiting:

:wink:

Let it rest (that goes for the whole album after the last tour's loving), it's been played for 3 tours in a row, and didn't really work after Popmart.

lazarus said:
To me bringing this back would just be for reasons of nostalgia. It never had the impact of UTEOTW, Zoo Station or The Fly, and was never as popular as Mysterious Ways or One.

If you're gonna go digging into AB again, play the non-neutred, electric version of Wild Horses, bring back Ultraviolet, or figure out how to play Acrobat and give us the primo shit!

This is 100% on the dollar.

Not that I mind EBTTRT, but live it never meant much to me. Even during Zoo it just meant a longer wait to Mysterious Ways, which is really where the fun kicks in.

I didn't really want to post a whole new topic over this, but to sort of finish off the Achtung Baby questions as far as the next tour goes- Do you think So Cruel or TTTYAATW will be brought back on the next tour?

lazarus said:
To me bringing this back would just be for reasons of nostalgia. It never had the impact of UTEOTW, Zoo Station or The Fly, and was never as popular as Mysterious Ways or One.

If you're gonna go digging into AB again, play the non-neutred, electric version of Wild Horses, bring back Ultraviolet, or figure out how to play Acrobat and give us the primo shit!

I agree. Although if they ever did a club/theatre sized show again - would be great in that setting.

The studio version of EBTTRT is far superior, I don't think they ever got it quite right lve, but I'd be more than happy to see it back, maybe not every night but certainly popping up now and again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom