ES Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Question for anyone who might know:

Is the Electrical Storm version on the second disc of the Best Of going to be the radio single??? Cause I naturally assumed that the single would be on the first disc, but the first disc version is a remix...the Orbit mix. I don't assume U2 would release a remix as an official single...but then why isn't the single Electrical Storm on the first disc??? Which one will it be? The Orbit Mix or the other mix released for radio and sales? Or both (one on each version of the single)???

:confused:

They released the remix of Sweetest Thing. But ST was a b-side, so it's not the same as ES. I don't know what they're going to do, honestly.

I heard Electrical Storm on the radio this afternoon, it was the William Orbit mix. But I don't know if the song's even been officially released, so maybe the radio station had gotten the song off the internet, like all of us.

I have four versions of this song

A. The BBC radio one demo
B. The WXRT mix, I think it's the single version
C. The Orbit Mix
D. What is being called the Album version...the quality is not that good , and it sounds a hair different from the single version

As far as I know ES will be on disc A, along with The Hands....

daisybean said:
I have four versions of this song

A. The BBC radio one demo
B. The WXRT mix, I think it's the single version
C. The Orbit Mix
D. What is being called the Album version...the quality is not that good , and it sounds a hair different from the single version

As far as I know ES will be on disc A, along with The Hands....

Both Hands and the Orbit Mix of ES will be on Disc one...but there's another version of ES (not a remix) on disc two...i'm wondering which one (disc one or disc two version) of ES will be the one released for sale.

Well, none of us can say for sure obviously, but my take on it was that the William Orbit "mix" is not so much a remix as the version that was produced/edited by him. I thought this would be the version released as a single and the other one was on the b-sides as something different.

Well if the Orbit Mix were to be released for radio play, wouldn't radio DJ's have to announce officially that it is "U2's newest single, the William Orbit Mix of Electrical Storm."?

I would think Orbit would want credit for a song that has his name in the title...

My guess is they'll release one of the Electrical Storm singles with the Orbit mix (most likely the one with the New York remixes), and the other with the "normal" version on the 2nd CD (probably with Bad/40/Streets).

Back
Top Bottom