Errrr is this true ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To that Ponkine guy:

If you don't like the band, make us a favour, and stop posting your sick opinions, if you despise U2 , right now, you must to avoid to buy the records, don't go to gigs, don't watch performances, even better, don't post in U2 forums.

Ponkine, no se que te haya hecho la banda pero si no te gustan, que haces criticando todo lo que hacen, no te sientes enfermo ?

Pareces lleno de rencor hacia el grupo, que te hicieron ?

Cada vez que U2 hace algo saltas a destilar tu amargura , porque mejor no te inscribes a otros foros de grupos que te gusten, cuida tu salud, y tu hígado.

Sorry , If I'm breaking some rule of the forum, but that user he's so disturbing, his words sounds so full of hate , I'm feel sick every time I read his posts.

Great news, and good on U2. It's a shame this thread has to be marred by the comments of a few retards like Ponkine and Ozeeko.

ponkine said:
Maybe they're going to play "Punk Rock From Venus" this time :lol:

... now being serious ...

What a sellouts :sad:

With this trend within a few years they will be doing as Santana or Shakira, I mean, playing with whoever in the music industry, as Rappers, nu metal bands, R & B, etc. And it won't be a surprise if they invite corporate products as Christina Aguilera or Robbie Williams for the next U2 album :down:

It's true. Such sellouts. I hate that Green Day is latching on to U2 to try to sell more albums. :madwife:

Oh, you mean U2 are the sellouts. Yeah, that's true too. Bastards doing yet ANOTHER charity single. How selfish can they be? And teaming up with perhaps the only other big rock act in the world where both groups clearly have strong roots in punk rock? Please! Any more shallow? :tsk:

ozeeko said:
Bush has been the best President yet on dealing with the Africa AIDS epidemic. If it had been Clinton, Bono would be on his knees giving him eternal head...but since it's a Republican president doing the work, he can't be too grateful. That wouldn't be good for his liberal fan base.

Ya, Bush has made promises, bla bla bla, but the stupid Republicans in Congress cut the promised funds to near nothing.
He can talk all he wants, but show us the money.
As Bono has said, he is in the checks business.... and as far as having a repore with Bush, if you read the "In Conversation" book you will know that he got in to it with Bush, a row as he called it when he pushed him on things. Bush replied to him in his arrogant way..."look, I am the President here not you." what a jerk. I cannot STAND him. So proud I did NOT vote for the idiot embarrassment excuse of a president. Sorry for the ramble... he just infuriates me. (bush) !!!:mad:

xana dew said:
Great news, and good on U2. It's a shame this thread has to be marred by the comments of a few retards like Ponkine and Ozeeko.

What the hell did I do?

I'm a retard because Bush is the best Africa president we ever had? (that's not implying that he himself is African) Hell, even Matt Damon of all people seems to think Bush is doing a great job in that department.

xana dew said:
a few retards like Ponkine and Ozeeko.

Comments like that are NOT tolerated, regardless of the situation.

Also, if you guys wanna discuss politics, take it to the Free Your Mind forum.

Well, since we'll be able to buy a lossy download I'm guessing sharing this thing on a torrent site will be out...pity, I'd likely have recorded & uploaded it someplace. Ah well...

I don't mind Greenday...I know a lot of people don't like them, and kind of lump them in with all the nu-punk/nu-metal crap bands on mtv. But they've been around awhile, they've just mellowed/gone a bit pop. This might be really cool, wonder what they'll play...

ponkine said:
Maybe they're going to play "Punk Rock From Venus" this time :lol:

... now being serious ...

What a sellouts :sad:

With this trend within a few years they will be doing as Santana or Shakira, I mean, playing with whoever in the music industry, as Rappers, nu metal bands, R & B, etc. And it won't be a surprise if they invite corporate products as Christina Aguilera or Robbie Williams for the next U2 album :down:

The whole Music Rising thing has been a charity organization. How is this anything close to selling out? they're doing this to support New orleans and the people of Louisiana. It's a good thing. Selling out is taking money from McDonalds and having one of your songs used to promote Big Macs. Performing with other artists is not selling out.

doctorwho said:

It's true. Such sellouts. I hate that Green Day is latching on to U2 to try to sell more albums. :madwife:

American Idiot doesnt exist to you?, or are you being sarcastic?, cause that sold a plenty-load without latching to U2.

Okay, can someone explain to me in simple terms what is going on and why half of you are excited and the other half feel U2 have lost all shreds of credibility.

CTU2fan said:
Well, since we'll be able to buy a lossy download I'm guessing sharing this thing on a torrent site will be out...pity, I'd likely have recorded & uploaded it someplace. Ah well...

I don't mind Greenday...I know a lot of people don't like them, and kind of lump them in with all the nu-punk/nu-metal crap bands on mtv. But they've been around awhile, they've just mellowed/gone a bit pop. This might be really cool, wonder what they'll play...
My audiophile radar gives your post a :up:

COBL_04 said:
Okay, can someone explain to me in simple terms what is going on and why half of you are excited and the other half feel U2 have lost all shreds of credibility.

U2 are playing a few songs with GreenDay, including the new cover they are recording together, to promote the Music Rising charity. They are doing this at a football game that I believe is re-opening the Superdome in New Orleans. Some people are pissed because they either (a) don't like GreenDay, or (b) can't believe U2 are playing at a tacky NFL game.

Did dookie sell more than A Idiot ?

i like dookie

btw i think

city of blinding lights ( u2 )
Saints are coming ( u2 and greenday )
wake me up when ...... ( greenday )

works that way , playing all songs together wont work i think unless its just billie with u2 and then bono with greenday.

phillyfan26 said:
Oxymoron of the day: Selling out for charity. :eyebrow:

i know....what a bunch of media hungry sellouts, this is worse than the i-pod thing, performing with another great band for charity in the wake of a disaster like Katrina.

Bastards.....

Earnie Shavers said:

U2 are playing a few songs with GreenDay, including the new cover they are recording together, to promote the Music Rising charity. They are doing this at a football game that I believe is re-opening the Superdome in New Orleans. Some people are pissed because they either (a) don't like GreenDay, or (b) can't believe U2 are playing at a tacky NFL game.

i wonder if they'd like it if they played instead at a tacky "footie" game.

the superdome more or less became the symbol for hurricaine katrina... it's re-opening for business is a huge symbolic step towards the recovery of new orleans.

to top it off, one of u2's most memorable TV performances, the post 9/11 Super Bowl came at an NFL game @ the Louisiana Superdome.

so tacky :rolleyes:

Here in the local paper it says Greenday will perform When September Ends (that song has almost become the "Official" Katrina song and U2 will perform Beautiful Day, then they will perform The Saints are Coming. Yes they are playing rival Atlanta Falcons and I will be there!!!

that should be awesome. have a good time.

wow....the re-opening of the superdome, nfl football, green day, U2, and reggie bush
:drool:

I'd love u2 to play a rocking song , none of that speech crap or slow tempo stuff however amazing it is at u2 gigs.

Beautiful day though ? been done before hasnt it, wot other mainstream quick tempo songs do u2 have in their arsenal though ? Thats what i dont like about AB really , you cant playing stuff from that album to a generally non u2 audience or they wont get it.

I'd try Until The End Of The World though , that will put Greenday to shame.

Beautiful Day fits great with what the city has been going through since Katrina. New Orleans needs to be uplifted now and that song has some meaningful references that people here can relate to. Its not my first choice, but very appropriate. And yes the game in Monday night September 25th.

Personally, I think that doing a single to raise funds to give musicians instruments is a damn remarkable thing. Do people who disapprove this collaboration play instruments at all? For me its a very worthy cause, and I'm not american, but i think Green day is one of THE last amercian bands. And they've got nothing to do with nupunk or numetal, Dookie is a great album.

I'll never understand people that spend their time complaining about the band, just get on with if it's not cool enough for you anymore.

Beautiful Day would fit perfectly, but they already played it at the Superbowl.

That was played in front of the world, as well as with Live 8.

Would like to see something different, but if they choose that, that's cool.

Back
Top Bottom