Enniskillen Aniversary - Sunday Bloody Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Boy

Refugee
Toronto. From Kildare, Ireland originally.
Am 3 days late, but November 8th was the 15th anniversary of the Enniskillen bombing in Northern Ireland.

This has also been immortalised in Rattle & Hum when U2 performed Sunday Bloody Sunday (November 8th 1987 WAS a Sunday), and Bono gave his now famous f**k the revolution spiel.

I was watching Rattle & Hum a few days ago and everytime Sunday Bloody Sunday comes on, it sends goosebumps down my spine.

Was anyone here at that concert 15 years ago? I'd guess it was highly emotional and would love to hear your memories on it.

Thanks!

I was not at that concert (unfortunately...way too young, not even in my area).

But I have seen that performance from "Rattle and Hum"-that speech Bono gives is just so passionate...I love it. I always find myself cheering him on when I hear that speech, because he's absolutely right in what he is saying.

I was looking around on the Internet one day for Rattle & Hum stuff, and I came across something that said that after that performance, he got death threats for what he'd said from some not-so-nice groups in Ireland. So...yeah...that just makes his speech even more bold.

Anywho, as for the anniversary of the bombing...they will be in my thoughts today (like you said, a few days late, but still...). And my utmost condolances go out to their families and friends as well.

Angela

I'd like to recommend a book that holds images of that day.
I won't go into the rave, but Leon Uris is special to me. he and his wife travelled around Ireland and published a book of their photographs. it is an old book now, but I found it in our local library. "Ireland- A Terrible Beauty"
Yesterday was Armistice Day 11/11/11
No More!! No More!!

Back
Top Bottom