Enigma used U2-sample????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Not very important seeing that it isn?r about bears or popularity contests (
wink.gif
), but I just downloaded a song from Kazaa. It?s by Enigma and it?s called "The Eyes Of Truth (Matrix Cut)". It really sucks but they surprised me at the beginning of the song where they used a sample from Ultraviolet (Light My Way) with the oooh/aaah part right before Bono goes "Sometimes I feel like yadi yadi yadi...".

Just thought it might interest you...

Sorry you think it sucks. I love that song.

The fact that you said the sample was at the beginning leads me to believe that this Matrix Cut, is indeed pretty cut up. Actually hearing that song on the previews for the matrix got me into Enigma, who has some very cool music.

No way you posted about this! I was JUST telling a friend in Finland about this very thing...he had made me a great CD last year which included this song....I listened to it quite innocently enough until just recently, as I'm now more familiar with AB, and suddenly it was like, WTF??? *rewind* *play* *rewind* *play* omg!

Sure enough...it's a very small clip of the song, but it's there all right, ripped from the beginning of Ultraviolet (and I believe the operatic part is also from the title song of "The Postman" with Kevin Costner)

coooool.

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Not very important seeing that it isn?r about bears or popularity contests (
wink.gif
), but I just downloaded a song from Kazaa. It?s by Enigma and it?s called "The Eyes Of Truth (Matrix Cut)". It really sucks but they surprised me at the beginning of the song where they used a sample from Ultraviolet (Light My Way) with the oooh/aaah part right before Bono goes "Sometimes I feel like yadi yadi yadi...".

Just thought it might interest you...

Originally posted by Discoteque:
No way you posted about this! I was JUST telling a friend in Finland about this very thing...he had made me a great CD last year which included this song....I listened to it quite innocently enough until just recently, as I'm now more familiar with AB, and suddenly it was like, WTF??? *rewind* *play* *rewind* *play* omg!

Sure enough...it's a very small clip of the song, but it's there all right, ripped from the beginning of Ultraviolet (and I believe the operatic part is also from the title song of "The Postman" with Kevin Costner)

coooool.

Ok, I am curious now...do you have an mp3 of this Kelli? Anyone? Bueller?

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

Just listened to it and loved it. Bravo.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

There is no official "Matrix Cut," not that you'd know the difference. All versions of "The Eye of Truth" have that sample, including the oft-desired orchestral section that was used in "The Matrix" trailer. The cut simply hacks off the first 2/3rds of the song.

Do all of yourselves a favor and download the entire song. It is really fucking cool, in my opinion. One of my favorite Enigma songs of all time...but you'll never hear it with the "Matrix Cut."

~Melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

Originally posted by foray:
There's also a Lighthouse family song that incorporates "One". Heard that one?

foray

nope, can't say that I have.

SkeeK, can you send me that mp3? (I am so lost on those things, I don't even know if you can send them by email...lol)

Here's my addy: U2Angel92@aol.com

And you know my AIM name.
smile.gif

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

I love Enigma, they are not to a lot of peoples tastes but they are truly musical Prozac
wink.gif
Feeling stressed just turn of the lights and stick on one of their albums..

The first album "MCMXC a D is excellent, very laid back, I can't say I have heard the U2 sample on the "Eyes of truth" though, I have listened to the album version loads of times but never noticed it..so maybe their is a re-mix of it..They sample lots of stuff so I wouldnt be suprised

I have heard the lighthouse sample ONE on their new record, doesnt sound too bad..

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Back
Top Bottom