End of One Tree Hill at beginning of Exit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm really lazy when it comes to searching through threads to look for this.

Does anyone know why the end of One Tree Hill is actually at the beginning of the track for Exit on CD's?

Thanks in advance.

similarily, I enjoy that Love is Blindness is really just a really slowed down Acrobat.

Mine was like that too. Some kind of mistake. When I bought the Gold CD, it was corrected.

On my copy of JT, and when downloaded from Itunes, the "Run to the ocean" part is at the beginning of Exit. I don't know if this was intentional or unintentional. Wondered if anyone knew.

I think it depends on which version you have? I got my copy of the Joshua Tree in 1993 and it is normal. I guess it depends on which version and when it was actually manfucatured. I think mine also came from Columbia House or BMG back then.

You read my mind !!!!:bow: actually I was about to put that question too, because just a few minutes ago I was listening The Joshua Tree and I found the same, despite "One Tree Hill" lyrics includes the last verses, those verses appears at the begining of "Exit" :confused:

But it seems many fans don´t have that version, so our version, my friend, is for collectors ;)

Sweet dude, that means I've got a collector's item! :D yeah for the longest time I thought the "run to the ocean..." was actually part of Exit, which stopped me from listening to the song and discovering its awesomeness... I was just a dumb little kid that didn't know how to pronounce Bono :p

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's not a collector's item at all because the error is simply so prevalent. My copy of JT has that problem and the same applies to most people I know who have it. I think I once read where the error originated, but I can't remember now ...

i know my copy of the JT is like this...mine is the one where the cover photo is all stretched out...your too i'm assuming? But anyway, my best guess if that this is jsut a mistake when the company pressed these copies, and BAH, i hate the stretched cover.

Basstrap said:
similarily, I enjoy that Love is Blindness is really just a really slowed down Acrobat.

:huh:

LOL!

It so isnt. Not even the same chord progression or anything!! Where you get that idea from?

:ohmy:

TC2290 said:

:huh:

LOL!

It so isnt. Not even the same chord progression or anything!! Where you get that idea from?

:ohmy:

yeah i gotta agree, that pretty pretty lame. Two completely different songs altogether.

Lancemc said:

yeah i gotta agree, that pretty pretty lame. Two completely different songs altogether.

BTW Lance I have the same stretched photo CD copy of JT as you. I think these are the old versions of the CDs and they might have messed up a few cue points.

yeah, i acctually have a import version i bought off of ebay from New Zealand or somewhere, but it's framed with a photo of the band and a concert ticket form the JT tour, so i haven't listen to it, but the cd has the regular cover (the one like one the vinyl press) but i'd bet that the Exit/OTH thing is correct on there., by the way TC2290, where do you live, cause i wonder if it is jsut American pressings that have this issue??

Lancemc said:
yeah, i acctually have a import version i bought off of ebay from New Zealand or somewhere, but it's framed with a photo of the band and a concert ticket form the JT tour, so i haven't listen to it, but the cd has the regular cover (the one like one the vinyl press) but i'd bet that the Exit/OTH thing is correct on there., by the way TC2290, where do you live, cause i wonder if it is jsut American pressings that have this issue??

Nope, I live in the UK but my CD copy of JT is from 1987!!!

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Lancemc said:

oh, sorry

I didn't know the guys who knew everything were online

Basstrap said:

oh, sorry

I didn't know the guys who knew everything were online

I'm sorry if i offended you, that really wasn't my attention, but it doesn't take a fanatic to realize how different Acrobat and LIB are, and im not talking tempo or lyrics. Both songs are in a different key, use different chords, have different kinds of solos, and different themes musically and lyricsally. I just didn't see hte connection you were making.

oi
okay

listen to the main progression of acrobat from 0:30 - 0:45 (for example)
now switch it right from that to love is blindness

alright, alright, i can hear it sorta, i wouldn't say that's enough to call LIB a slower Acrobat though :wink:

Lancemc said:

I live in America and I have the version that has the last verse of One Tree Hill ending at the begining of Exit, too. I had no idea that not all of them were like that. I thought it had been done for artistic reasons. Guess not.

It's not just American pressings. My Australian copy purchased in 2003 has that issue, as do older Australian and New Zealand copies that I know of.

My US copy of JT from BMG Music Club also has the defect. It's very common. I can't believe there isn't something about this in the online U2 FAQ. In fact, I'm going to send them an e-mail about it.

Last edited:
For one of the greatest albums ever recorded, the sound and mixing of this album was awful. I have that problem on my CD, have you heard EXIT? Its so low in volume, thats why I always listen to the R&H version and never play it off the album.

Back
Top Bottom