Eminem or U2- Nov. Rolling Stone Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
I assume Rolling Stone magazine will have either a U2 or Eminem cover for their November issue since both are releasing albums that month.

Which band/artist do you think they will choose?

I actually have some respect for this magazine and I don't think they'll put a wanker like Eminem on the cover. (did u see the assault on Michael Jackson in his crappy new video? What an arsehole, and I hate the idea that people encourage him by listening or buying his pathetic music! What is he good for!?)

Ok, now that I got that out, I think they'll put U2 on the cover ;)

I think they'll put Eminem on it... Just because they've become so fucking concerned about "appealing to the kids."

But who knows, maybe they will put U2 on it? I have my fingers crossed...

Don't they put out two issues a month? So, probably both of them, Eminem will be on the first one and U2 on the second. Rolling Stone has declined so much the past few years, I remember that they used to be first out of the box with the U2 album previews but this time there has barely been a peep from them so far, just a little blurbage this past issue.

Offcourse emminem is out insulting someone AGAIN. Look at what he did with Micheal Jackson!! He has nothing better to do or write about but to cause contraversy thats how people listen to his stupid stuff so I am saying if rolling stones puts his face on their cover then they should be permanently shut down!

Nico

Rolling Stone may not be the most U2ish mag. But I disagree with it being crap. The last few months I have read some great articles on RIAA, politics, technology, new groups etc. What I've read about U2 has been all positive, but I'm sure that will change depending on who's writing the article. In any case thing's are rolling along with U2 and RS won't be able to ignore them. How could they? :up:

They SHOULD put U2 on the cover, but they are MORE LIKELY to put Eminem on the cover, IMO.

Eminem will be on the cover, and it'll say in big letters "U2 is back"

I wish somebody would make a record of nothing but bashing of Eminem. I mean, there's plenty to say about him, but nobody else will lower themselves to that level. I just think taking those cheap shots at Michael Jackson is the most immature thing he could do. Yes, we all know the situation surrounding Michael Jackson. The entire worldis already aware of it. All this song does is fan the flames of hatred. I would seriously like to punch Eminem in the face, just for being the immature piece of shit that he has always been. And that stupid scream thing he does in Just Lose It.... that's the poorest excuse for a gimmick I've ever heard.

Meanwhile, U2 is bringing out an album that will no doubt have deep lyrics, awe-inspiring music, and will actually be good compared to that piece of white trash. Still, Eminem will prevent U2 from getting to #1. He might even make a song about that!

Last edited:
I reckon Em will be on it this month with U2 on it next month. Em will sell more magazines, no accounting for taste I know.

The coverage for Em on UK MTV is ridiculous already. It felt like Eminem day, we really need that Vertigo video out there, it's taking too long to come out!

i reckon john kerry will be on the november cover with a bottle of heinz ketchup in his pocket, much like al gore and his boner were on the november 2000 issue... it's an election year in the states, and the november issue is usually set for whatever candidate RS favors... and rolling stone being a bunch of tree hugging liberals :wink:, it's a lock for john kerry.

december will be their year in review issue, and then maybe we'll get a nice U2005 issue come January, much like the January '01 issue.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i reckon john kerry will be on the november cover with a bottle of heinz ketchup in his pocket, much like al gore and his boner were on the november 2000 issue... it's an election year in the states, and the november issue is usually set for whatever candidate RS favors... and rolling stone being a bunch of tree hugging liberals :wink:, it's a lock for john kerry.

december will be their year in review issue, and then maybe we'll get a nice U2005 issue come January, much like the January '01 issue.

that's why i read RS, to get the liberal spin.... kerry 04' :wink:

as for who will be on the cover(s) in november, id say Eminem first and U2 the following issue. michael moore was just on the cover as well, so they probably wont put kerry on before the election, unless they really want to lay the politics on their audience.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's an election year in the states, and the november issue is usually set for whatever candidate RS favors... and rolling stone being a bunch of tree hugging liberals :wink:, it's a lock for john kerry.

Bingo!

rs_961_cover_story_200x240.6562910.jpg

:sad Rolling Stone used to be a good music mag about 8rs ago. That's when I started subscribing, couldn't wait to get it. Now, I dread finding that mag in my mailbox. It's like receiving "Tiger Beat" bi-monthly. I wonder wot the mailman thinks?! lol
anyhoo,

Bet on seeing Eminem on the next issues cover with "controversy" stamped along the top!

If R.S. has any balls left <which I hardly think they do> a Special Edition featuring U2 marking their 25yrs in the music biz and release of HTDAAB should feature. I'm sure this is asking way too much from the adult version of "Tiger Beat".

hey, here's to dreamin!: huh:

Last edited:
As much as Rolling Stone sucks these days, they are still huge on U2. I think they got a cover at least once during the ATYCLB era, if not twice. I think it is a safe bet Eminem will be on the cover for the first November issue and U2 will be on the cover for the second November issue.

I think they should put both Eminem and Bono facing each other like on a duel with a smile that says "I'm gonna get you", and this words below them: LET THE GAMES BEGINS

That would make me happy :wink: :drool:

Every U2 fan I know hates Eminem (myself included). I think that should be some kind of prerequisite for a being a U2 fan. New U2 fans should be innitiated by burning any Eminem material previously owned.

Back
Top Bottom