em , mj and bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

desire25

The Fly
i stand corrected. ok em may have written nice rap songs (better if he can lessen the f words in the songs he'd written), but if only for the fact that he did that song on michael jackson, i have totally lost respect for him as an artist. despite what has been going on with MJ, i still think he is a real genius and had contributed a lot to the music industry and revolutionized it to such extent that mtv is what it is now. big time. em should have at least shown respect by not riding on some other's travesty to get popular or sell his records. for me it's pure gimmickry. not art but crap.

bono is a real gentleman for acknowledging em's talent.
for someone who's been in the business for 25 yrs or so,
the man should be emulated for showing respect for his fellow artists and does not show insecurity against the new and "budding" superstars. despite the awards and the commercial success that em has been reaping, he should remember that he still has a lot to do to reach bono's stature
or even that of michael jackson. the latter after all has been in the business for more than 30yrs.

Bono once passed judgement on Michael Jackson. Bono cleared Michael Jackson of child abuse charges in U2's 1993 Dublin concert where Bono dedicated Bad to Michael Jackson and said "to Michael Jackson, I don't believe you're bad." I think this was bad judgement on Bono's part, to pass judgement of innocence on MJ even before any trial or court hearing. It was so un-class of Bono to do so, especially on a show that was broadcast worldwide. However, Bono's remark was somehow able to slip under the radar and no one noticed it. Lucky for Bono otherwise his career would have been toast by now.

Cheers,

J

Eminem gets a lot of attention on this forum....:scratch:

Don't mean to come off like a d*%k, but how is this related to the new album? Anyway, I somewhat agree with you, although I dont look into Eminem's videos so deeply. He always does these skits ripping people on the videos for his first single off his album. Their always fun, poppy songs (Without Me, Real Slim Shady), and I think in the end he's just having fun. It may be in bad taste sometimes, MJ is a legend but the guy is a freak. And I loved it when he went after all those teeny boppers, I thought it was hilarious.

jick said:
Lucky for Bono otherwise his career would have been toast by now.

Yes, you're right. He'd probably be slinging hash in some Dublin diner now, after that remark. Because, as we all know, rockstars who say stupid things always get punished for that.

desire25 said:
despite what has been going on with MJ, i still think he is a real genius and had contributed a lot to the music industry and revolutionized it to such extent that mtv is what it is now. big time.

So MTV as it is is a good thing? :sexywink:

jick said:
I think this was bad judgement on Bono's part, to pass judgement of innocence on MJ even before any trial or court hearing.

J

I thought everybody is innocent until proved guilty... I don't think Bono was wrong...

jick said:
Bono once passed judgement on Michael Jackson. Bono cleared Michael Jackson of child abuse charges in U2's 1993 Dublin concert where Bono dedicated Bad to Michael Jackson and said "to Michael Jackson, I don't believe you're bad." I think this was bad judgement on Bono's part, to pass judgement of innocence on MJ even before any trial or court hearing. It was so un-class of Bono to do so, especially on a show that was broadcast worldwide. However, Bono's remark was somehow able to slip under the radar and no one noticed it. Lucky for Bono otherwise his career would have been toast by now.

Cheers,

J

He actually said "guilty before you're given a chance", which at the time, was true. Hindsight is 20/20. Now we know MJ is a perv.

teebee said:
jick said:
Lucky for Bono otherwise his career would have been toast by now.

Yes, you're right. He'd probably be slinging hash in some Dublin diner now, after that remark. Because, as we all know, rockstars who say stupid things always get punished for that.

That is funny. I am actually laughing out loud now.

:D

Cheers,

J

to this date there are no substantiated arguments about MJ being a pervert, there is much more evidence (or at least theories that make sense) that people are trying to ruin him because he owns the Beatles' collection

MrBrau1 said:

He actually said "guilty before you're given a chance", which at the time, was true. Hindsight is 20/20. Now we know MJ is a perv.

do we? do the hundreds of tv talk shows, radio shows, late night shows, music artists who slag on MJ constitute valid proof? I think all we know after 10+ years of this is that the media can really distort things... "everything you know is wrong"

UnforgettableLemon said:
Does he STILL own the Beatles stuff? I thought that expired a year or two ago

a few years back he went into a deal with sony where he used half of the collection as collateral for a loan, and if mj defaults on the loan then sony has an option to buy the other half

Back
Top Bottom