Elvis in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I forgot to tell you guys, I saw Elvis Costello in Philadelphia. He was in the heart, and I noticed him on my way back from in front of Adam to the inside tip part. This was right after the guys had left the stage after Pride. He was all smiley and happy and I went up next to him and asked him if he was enjoying the show, and he looks me right in the eyes- got VERY close to my face- he had on that top hat and those big glasses that sort of look like cop glasses- and he says "Yeah!! It's fantastic, innit?"
smile.gif

just thought that was pretty cool. We looked over at him again during Bullet and he was grooving away.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I'm addicted too... I'm just addicted to being up here on this stage.
Adam, Larry Mullen Jr., and Edge. They're my drug. Tonight I'm feeling high."
-Bono, Tempe, Arizona

"I just wanted to say that I'm really thrilled
to be spending my brithday with 18,000 of my closest friends!
Larry onstage, 10.31.01

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Cool, girlie!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

He's been at a ton of these shows! Is the guy touring with them or something? Why can't HE open for them? The prospect of sitting through No Doubt three times is daunting.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Originally posted by martha:
He's been at a ton of these shows! Is the guy touring with them or something? Why can't HE open for them? The prospect of sitting through No Doubt three times is daunting.

Do you want a yearly membership to the
icon31.gif
club?

I think that is the cheaper option for you.

CK

That's fucking awesome! He rocks!

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

There's always an Elvis........
sorry "sweet caroline", just a joke I've had going here this week. Your topic heading made me laugh. Thanks.
I recall seeing Elvis Costello on TV saying his wife is a HUGE U2 fan and she makes him go to see them all the time
biggrin.gif
quiet willingly I'd imagine, EC(I mean Costello not Clapton) does seem sweet.
PS:The name Costello freaks me out at the moment. We may have Prime Minister Costello representing our nation before we know it, ewwwwwwwwwwwscary.

It has been said by both Bono & Costello that Costello oftenly plays "please" at his concerts. I read a quote by Costello stating that he thought "please" was one of the best songs of the 90's. Cheers to Elvis. I would've fallen over if I saw him up close. Then I would've attempted to get an autograph.

~Zoo~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

WOW! That is so cool...I can only hope to see a celeb or two at the Vegas or LA shows...

*hoping to see Gavin in Vegas!*

PUMP IT UP!!!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-08-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom