Elvis C. and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pukebreath

The Fly
Elvis Costello is often spotted @ U2 shows. He even has some comentary at the beginning of the DVD documentary, and covers "Please".

BUT, is there anything out there where U2 is talking about him. I've never heard if they are fans. I'm sure they are buds, being from Dublin and all, but is there a mutal admiration documented anywhere?

Anyone?

I remember reading that sometime during the Elevation tour U2 covered one of Elvis C.'s songs, "Allison." I guess it's pretty safe to say they like his music.

Elvis Costello is from Dublin?? I'd never heard that. I thought he was from England.

Not sure how they came together but I think it's a mutual admiration society kind of thing. Or it could be that Bono and Elvis really are the same person, notice how they're never seen in the same place at the same time :shifty:

:lmao:

Bono's shades -- Elvis is English but now lives in Dublin with his Irish wife.

I always thought E. Costello was from England...too lazy to check.....although Costello is a classic Irish name...

tinker said:
I always thought E. Costello was from England...too lazy to check.....although Costello is a classic Irish name...

That's his stage name...his real name is Declan MacManus. His parents were born near Liverpool but were of Irish ancestry...he was born in Paddington, London.

Like dsmith said, he lives in Dublin with his Irish wife, Cait O'Riordan, formerly of the Pogues.

I can't help you with the U2 connection other than that he's friends with them.

:wink: Whenever I see Elvis Costello on TV I always have to smile because Bono reminds me of him so much in the Sweetest Thing vid...:lol:

u mean this Elvis?:sexywink:?:dance::)

335%3B259923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C3%3A%3D%3A58%3Dxroqdf%3E2323353%3C49697ot1lsi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom