Ellen Degeneres Mentioned Bono On Larry King Last Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I love her, I think she's a genuinely nice person

Anyway, a caller asked her who she'd most like to interview and why

KING: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, hello.

CALLER: Hi, Ellen. Who would you most like to interview and why?

DEGENERES: During commercial breaks, I'm interviewing Larry here because I'm fascinated...

KING: I'm testing for the show.

DEGENERES: I'm fascinated by his life. People that, you know, I've said before I'd like to have Bono on. I think Bono would be interesting. He seems like an amazing real person.

Ellen seemed to have genuine affection for Bono when she mentioned that last night.:wink:

I wished, though, that Larry King wouldn't have jumped in so quickly and changed the discussion after Bono's name was mentioned though. Knowing Larry King's enthusiasm and proclivity to interrupt his guests, I'm sure it was inadvertent, but I would have loved to hear Ellen say a bit more about Bono. :up:

The only thing is that if she ever did have him on her show, she would have to make an exception to not discussing world issues because you know the B-man would want to talk about DATA and the AIDS pandemic somewhere in the interview! :angel:

But it was a wonderful surprise to hear her mention Bono.

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Oh my God! Ellen must get Bono on the show! I'm sure he could teach her some new dance moves. :wink:

Ellen cracks me up.

I saw that too - as the caller asked the question, I thought - wouldn't it be funny if she said Bono?...and then she did! Yes, Larry cut her off, but that's the nature of that show. But he did say something about Bono being a great guest.

When she starred in her sitcom, I hated it and her..:sorry: and it had nothing to do with her personal preferences...I just don't care for certain types of sitcoms...'nuff said....

However, since Ellen's talk-show has been on, I've really changed my mind about her; matter of fact, I appreciate her talk-show over any of the others except for news-related channels...

Her maturity over the past couple years has earned my respect...I saw 30 minutes of the show last night; I didn't catch the Bono reference.. :wink:

Dialogue from the ELLEN SHOW a few years back:

Tug, a student, is in Ellen's office. Ellen is a guidance counselor. Ellen is a lesbian. Tug declares his love for Ellen.

Ellen: Tug, it's like Bono says, 'you still haven't found what you're looking for.'

Tug: I love U2.

Ellen: Me too. They're my favorite band

I wasn't crazy about the sitcom, but part of it was that the "powers that be" kept tweaking the show. The show that ended was nowhere near the show that started. I think the only remaining cast member from the first show to the last show was Ellen! That said, I do feel the latter episodes were better.

What made me an Ellen fan though was her stand-up routine. Two of her recorded shows are periodically on cable. Even though I've seen one show dozens of times (when she was still partnered with Anne Heche), it still makes me laugh.

Her talk show - from what I've seen of it - is similar to her stand-up routine. It's that routine that's made her such a success. It's why everyone loved her in "Finding Nemo" (even though she was just a voice, she made that movie). It's why she got offered a sitcom initially. And it's why her talk show is a success.

I'd love to see Bono on her show. Given Ellen's current popularity, I think speaking with her (and he's been on all the other big shows), is next on his list. :)

Last edited:
I love Ellen's show! I think the format of the show is a little to light hearted to go indepth into Bono's African work, but I think the whole band should stop by to promote the new album!

So she has a redeeming feature after all ... (never liked her, still don't)

I happened to catch the opening of her show a few days ago (alright, maybe a couple of weeks, I dunno). She did a ten mintue monolgue about ants in her kitchen... ANTS for Pete's sake! It was hilarious!

}: )~

I like Ellen she is amazing and funny. I can just imagine what kind of interview that would be with her and Bono. If that does happen. My VCR will be set.

As I replied to my best friend this morning when she emailed
Ellen's comments to me: " The woman has impeccable taste."

And that about sums it up for me. LOL!

RademR said:
Dialogue from the ELLEN SHOW a few years back:

Tug, a student, is in Ellen's office. Ellen is a guidance counselor. Ellen is a lesbian. Tug declares his love for Ellen.

Ellen: Tug, it's like Bono says, 'you still haven't found what you're looking for.'

Tug: I love U2.

Ellen: Me too. They're my favorite band

^ Awesome. ^

If she ever succeeds in getting Bono on the show, I'll throw a big party, and you can all come over and we'll watch it and cheer (then hurriedly tell each other to shut up so we can hear). Then, since we'll have missed it all the first time, we can watch the tape all over again! :D

It could be nice to see Bono and Ellen together..
What do you like them to talk about?

Back
Top Bottom