Elevation Tour Broadcast...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
Has anyone heard anything else about the taped Boston show(s) being broadcast?? I know the DVD will be out in the near future, but there was some heavy talk awhile back, about it being a pay-per-view special, or being broadcast on HBO or another network. Whatever became of this?...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Well, here in Oz, Main Event (Foxtel) is showing the Boston show on the 22nd or the 23rd of November.

Does anyone know if this is before or after the Aussie release date? Zoomanda??

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Also seems the AMericans are getting the DVD earlier than previously reported....

From @u2.com
U2 ends its latest North American tour on November 19, but it's leaving a present behind. Elevation 2001: U2 Live In Boston, a double DVD filmed during the Irish group's spring concerts, is due out November 20.

The first disc in the set will feature a traditional portrayal of the concerts, while the second disc will offer two alternate views of the concert; a short documentary on the staging of the show; trailers for previous videos from the Zoo TV and PopMart tours; additional performances of "Beautiful Day," "Elevation," and "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of" from Dublin, France, and Miami; screensavers; and Web links.

U2 guitarist the Edge says the band is happy to make these documents of its concert available for fans, even though the group itself doesn't invest much energy in promoting them.

"I think that there's a big demand amongst the real die-hard fans for the recording of the shows. And I think that it's interesting to be able to offer the real die-hard fans those recordings, but not necessarily market them or promote them in the way you would a studio record, where it's a lot of attention and, you know, money. We discovered with Rattle And Hum you can't really have a small conventional album release when you've become a band as big as we were then. You can't tell people that 'We just want to release this record and we just want this to be a small one.' "

Back
Top Bottom