Electrical Storm strikes best where?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrical Storm strikes best where?

• ATYCLB

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • HTDAAB

Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

U2Soar

War Child
Yesterday a buddy pointed out that Electrical Storm on the Best of 90s is all by its lonesome. If you were to place it on an album which one would it be – Leave Behind or Atomic Bomb? Where would it better fit – lyrically and musically? Where would place it in the track order? Or would it better on a Best of 00s collection?

P.S. If someone would start a poll that be appreciated.

Out of the albums you mentioned, probably HTDAAB. HOWEVER, it seems more fitting somewhere else... somewhere in the 90's. I don't know, maybe a more rocking MDH soundtrack (or was that 2000?)... if such a thing would ever exist :scratch: I don't know, my head hurts and I need to finish up my English paper :p Good song, though. I wish they'd play it live atleast once this tour...

Beautiful Day
Elevation (SAS Mix)
Big Girls Are Best
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Walk On (Single Version)
Kite
In A Little While
Wild Honey
Love You Like Mad
The Hands That Built America
When I Look At The World
Stateless
New York
Peace On Earth
Electrical Storm
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Grace

How to Dismantle...

between A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer

i'm referring to the William Orbit Mix

on HTDAAB.
Electrical Storm is a rock song, and HTDAAB may not be 'punk rock from Venus:wink: ' but is surely a rock album. On the other hand, ATYCLB has got many rock tunes, but is less heavy, and it has got more ambient elements that wouldn't fit with the song.
Electrical Storm is IMO very similar to Crumbs. And, as I'm not in love with that song, ES could easily replace it...

I can see it going after Kite.

“Something is about to give. I can feel it coming. It's summer, I can taste the salt of the sea. There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze. I wonder what's gonna happen to you. You wonder what has happened to me. Who's to say where the wind will take you? Who's to say what it is will break you? I don't know, which way the wind will blow. Don't want to see you cry.”

“It's hot as hell, honey in this room. Sure hope the weather will break soon. The air is heavy. The sea it swells like a sore head. And the night it is aching. On rainy days we'd go swimming out. On rainy days, swimming in the sound. If the sky can crack, there must be some way back. Baby don't cry.”

And before In A Little While which is also a Summer song and a more positive love song to balance to the tension in ES.

Even though I thought of it first as following the ache and yearning of When I Look At The World and before the mid-life crisis of New York.

Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Elevation
Walk On
Kite
In A Little While
Wild Honey
Peace On Earth
When I Look at the World
Electrical Storm
New York
Grace

I think Electrical storm should fit best on All that you can't leave behind.

LemonMacPhisto said:
How to Dismantle...

between A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer

i'm referring to the William Orbit Mix

ah, I meant to say Crumbs from Your Table

Becasue it was recorded closer to the ATYCLB sessions i think musically and spiritually it fits closer to ATYCLB. So thats where my vote goes.

Electrical Storm: HTDAAB
Electrical Storm (William Orbit Screw-up): ATYCLB

Sting said:
Becasue it was recorded closer to the ATYCLB sessions i think musically and spiritually it fits closer to ATYCLB. So thats where my vote goes.

Uh, I don't think that's quite right. Wasn't Electrical Storm recorded in 2002? The ATYCLB sessions were in 1999-2000, while HTDAAB began in 2003, placing it closer.

Where it's right now, it doesn't seem to fit on ATYCLB but it sounds similar to Crumbs so it can't be on Bomb either.

I like Axver's idea. Electrical Storm (Band Version) could fit well on the Atomic Bomb and Electrical Storm (William Orbit) could fit great on ATYCLB.

ATYCLB

Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Elevation
Walk On
Kite
In a Little While
Electrical Storm (William Orbit)
Wild Honey
Peace on Earth
When I Look at the World
New York
Grace

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
Electrical Storm (Band Version)
A Man and A Woman
Crumbs from Your Table
One Step Closer
Original of the Species
Yahweh

Last edited:
HTDAAB.......just use it to replace "Crumbs"........definitely has little in common with ATYCLb....

I'd just make a double album out of the best material from ATYCLB, Best90-00 new songs, and Bomb. I think ES fits on this better than it does on either ATYCLB or Bomb. In fact, I think a double album like this in 2004 would've been better than either ATYCLB or Bomb alone.

Original Of The Species(2004)

Disc 1:

1.Elevation(Tomb Raider Mix)
2.Beautiful Day
3.Electrical Storm(William Orbit Mix)
4.Native Son
5.In A Little While
6.Stuck In A Moment
7.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
8.When I Look At The World
9.New York
10.One Step Closer

Disc 2:

1.City Of Blinding Lights
2.Love And Peace Or Else
3.Original Of The Species
4.Kite
5.The Ground Beneath Her Feet
6.Fast Cars
7.All Because Of You(Single Mix)
8.Crumbs From Your Table
9.The Hands That Built America
10.Walk On(New Mix - Studio Version EXACTLY like the Elevation Tour live versions with the Hallelujahs at the end - let's be honest, the hallelujahs at the end of the single version don't come close)
11.Grace

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom