Electrical Storm MP3s - NOT FROM THE RADIO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just got my lil digital hands on some VERY clean, complete, Electrical Storm tracks :)

THESE ARE NOT RECORDED FROM THE RADIO!

I have put them on NewMedia , and they have the following file names (searching for ' interference ' may help:

Electrical Storm (Orbit Mix) Interference.com.mp3

Electrical Storm (Single) Interference.com.mp3

Enjoy,

Joel

Thank you

Hey Elvis!

Thanks alot. They sound great. Since you seem to be in the know, I have a question for you. On a scale of 1-10 what do you think the chances are that we will ever get a good quality mp3 of the BBC Demo version that Sarh HB played (10 being "definitely" and 1 being "no way"). Thanks again.

The best quality version that I have heard is the one most people have I believe... you can find it on NewMedia by searching for ' electrical bbc '

its file name is: U2_electrical_storm_BBC_Radio1_August_25_2002.mp3

Is there anyway I can get my hands on these without having NewMedia?
I just don't have any room on my PC for another program. :crack:

Are These Mp3s Legit?

Not sure if these mp3s are the real deal.

The volume seems to vary, most noticeable during the vocals, throughout the song on the "Interference" singe version. It is still possible the recording is cd sourced, but just a bad recording.

The "Interference" Obit version sounds like some fan told the single version guitar solo & mixed it together with the William Orbit ending. This can be easily done in any sound application like Sound Forge.

Anyone else notice the above?

U2LA said:

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! :wave:

No disrespect intended towards Arun or New Media, I simply have a really small drive and can't support another program.

Angel said:

No disrespect intended towards Arun or <a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe><a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe>NewMedia</a></a>, I simply have a really small drive and can't support another program.

Just so you know...
The average MP3 = 4mb
NewMedia (the entire program...once installed!) = LESS than 1mb

It litterally could fit on a floppy disk... thats how small this program is.

:)

Se7en said:
Oh yay...new mp3's available to everyone. Oh wait...I have a mac.

Se7en....

Don't know what to tell you... we can't seem to find any Mac developers that want to help with a Mac version of NewMedia (or at all). I know several Mac people that run Virtual PC ( http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc5m.html ) ... thats how they use NewMedia, as well as many other Windows programs.

Joel

Elvis said:

Just so you know...
The average MP3 = 4mb
<a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe>NewMedia</a> (the entire program...once installed!) = LESS than 1mb

It litterally could fit on a floppy disk... thats how small this program is.

:)

Cool! Thx Elvis, I had no idea. :shrug:

Yeah I also don't think this is the real deal, the tracks seems to be from a really good quality webcast or something, but they are far from perfect, just my opinion.

Well, The Orbit Interference Mix is not the one being played on the radio here in Toronto.

There are only 2 "Baby Don't Cry" at the end of the radio version being played. I have a copy of this version in MP3.

The Orbit Interference Mix has 4 "Baby Don't Cry"'s at the end so I have no idea where this version came from.

Maybe it is someone's sound mixing project.

The William Orbit Mix available for download on New Media is not the real William Orbit Mix, because they just played a version of ES on my radio station that has a very different ending than the ES I downloaded from New Media. So I called and they confirmed that the version they have is the William Orbit....

*Tears hair out.

There are four fecking versions floating around.

The Interference Orbit mix is different from the Radio Orbit mix because the Interference Orbit mix is fan made and fake.

Just saw the ES video on EdgeTV here in Canada and the version of ES is the Interference Orbit Mix.

It has the guitar ending of the single mix and 4 "Baby Don't Cry's"

This version is not being played on the radio here in Canada

So we are up to 4 versions now (Demo, Single, Orbit Radio & Orbit Video)

I like the video one the best.

So, the inteference Orbit mix is possibly recorded from the video?

That may explain the inferior sound quality.

What was the video like? Please post a review.

Zargo said:
The Interference Orbit mix is different from the Radio Orbit mix because the Interference Orbit mix is fan made and fake.

Zargo, you're entirely wrong. It is not fan made, and it is not fake. geez.

Zargo said:
So, the inteference Orbit mix is possibly recorded from the video?

That may explain the inferior sound quality.

What was the video like? Please post a review.

NO!. I don't know which mp3 youre listening to... but if you DLd the one named as described, you'll be listening to the real deal.

The mp3s I downloaded from Newmedia purporting to be the real deals were pertty decent quality, but definately far from perfect. They could be from the CD, just very badly ripped...

Back
Top Bottom