Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neither, I prefer the demo version that was leaked on Radio One in the UK a couple of months before the Best of was released.

Neither one. My favorite is the earlier version they played on BBC Radio in the summer of 2002, before it was even released as a single. It's much more raw, and it has a wicked guitar line in the chorus that never made it to the final recording. After the "Baby don't cry" and it quiets back down, a voice comes on and says "Radio One". This version is the one I prefer.

But in response to your question, I like the version on the b-sides album much better than the William Orbit mix.

The_acrobat said:
Neither one. My favorite is the earlier version they played on BBC Radio in the summer of 2002, before it was even released as a single. It's much more raw, and it has a wicked guitar line in the chorus that never made it to the final recording. After the "Baby don't cry" and it quiets back down, a voice comes on and says "Radio One". This version is the one I prefer.

But in response to your question, I like the version on the b-sides album much better than the William Orbit mix.

Agreed. :yes:

I actually like the rather dreamy, misty, Orbit mix found on Disc 1. It reminds me of the surreal side of U2, which I've always loved. It sounds like a cross between the M$H Sountrack and ATYCLB.

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
I so hope that song gets played live on the next tour!!!

You and me both :hyper:

I like the orbit mix more than some people but there is something about the b-side version that is special.

Then there's the video but I think I've talked about that before :yes:

I liked the orbit mix when I first heard it. But now I prefer the B-side mix. I love the riff on Edge's guitar. It is lost in the remix, the chimes or xylophone, or whatever it is.

Ditto on the demo version. The other two both lack my favorite short bit at the end where Edge breaks into triplets (or something like it, forgive my music theory). Jvferrandiz, I'll post some on my webspace.....

Can anyone send me that version thats on BBC radio? IM me: FenderZigocaster

I like the "B-Side" version way better. Shouldn't the remix, or any remix for that matter, be a B-Side?

disco, click on the link above your last post and you'll see both the BBC and Radio One broadcasts of the demo.

I much prefer the original version. The William Orbit mix really loses it, I feel.

Now I've got to download the demo ...

The_acrobat said:
Neither one. My favorite is the earlier version they played on BBC Radio in the summer of 2002, before it was even released as a single. It's much more raw, and it has a wicked guitar line in the chorus that never made it to the final recording.

Same here. Loved that guitar line!

B SIDES!! I think it woulda been a bigger hit if they'd released it as a single instead of the watered down Orbit remix which took all the good guitars out of it.

U2Kitten said:
B SIDES!! I think it woulda been a bigger hit if they'd released it as a single instead of the watered down Orbit remix which took all the good guitars out of it.

...but they did, didn't they? I know I have two different Electrical Storm singles at home...

Right around the time ElecStorm came out I had yet to hear it, and I heard this cool song on the radio. I'm thinking: hmm, the vocals sound just like Bono.....the piano sounds just like Edge.....it's gotta be the new U2 song. And then I found out that it was "Clocks" by Cold Play! Sorry.....but I still favor Clocks over ElecStorm!

Yes, I've heard both versions of Electrical Storm on the radio. Well, heard them each once. It seemed to get entirely no airtime. No-one noticed it. Did it even make the charts? It was ... invisible.

And LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, when I go to the link you gave ... there's nothing. No mp3s at all. Have you taken them down?

Axver said:
Yes, I've heard both versions of Electrical Storm on the radio. Well, heard them each once. It seemed to get entirely no airtime. No-one noticed it. Did it even make the charts? It was ... invisible.

And LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, when I go to the link you gave ... there's nothing. No mp3s at all. Have you taken them down?

I believe it made the charts in Ireland and other European countries.

Yes, the mp3s are gone. I only leave them up for a week because I have limited space and people are always asking for stuff.

Back
Top Bottom