Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think the william orbit mix is better than the original version. cool song i think. would be good to hear it.

It will be played live. That's a guarantee. Every U2 single has been played live and there's no point releasing a single if you're not going to play it.

well shouldn't The Hands That Built America be played as well then in that case? not sure if i could see them playing that, well maybe in NY.....

1stepcloser said:
well shouldn't The Hands That Built America be played as well then in that case? not sure if i could see them playing that, well maybe in NY.....

I don't think soundtracks apply - I mean, there's plenty of songs off of the MDH soundtrack that U2 will never play live. . .

I hadn't considered whether they'd play THTBA on this tour. . . mmmm, I guess I'll find out on 5/21! :)

1stepcloser said:

Bono & Edge performed Hands That Built America at the opening of the Clinton Library. Does that count? :wink:

1stepcloser said:

The Hands That Built America was not a single. And it's already been played five times.

I personally think that if they released the original version it would have done better, at least here in the states, it came out when The Strokes, White Stripes, etc... were huge. The keyboard parts that Orbit added just ruined it for me. I just love the straight ahead rock version.

Orbit mix is disappointing cos the guitar does not shine through....The original is far better for me.
Hope it gets played live on the tour...can't wait to hear the guitar solo...I think it's solo will be anticipated as much as the LAPOE guitar solo.

Storm is such an awesome song. It creates such a feeling that U2 fails to capture on their newest album, a really good song :)

I dislike the Orbit remix :down: it took all the rock and guitar out of it. I believe the original would have done better as a single. Unfortunately I can't find my B sides disc so I can't play it :sad:

U2Kitten said:
I dislike the Orbit remix :down: it took all the rock and guitar out of it. I believe the original would have done better as a single. Unfortunately I can't find my B sides disc so I can't play it :sad:

you want me to send you it U2Kitten?

I think the best version would've been a mix between the orbit version and original version. unfortunately, they didn't think of that.
the best version will probably be the live version.

I really don't care for hands so I hope they don't play it on tour.

Canadiens1160 said:
Storm is such an awesome song. It creates such a feeling that U2 fails to capture on their newest album, a really good song :)

Totlly agree (for the feeling and stuff)!

And i hope they don't play THTBA cause there's so many songs we'd like to hear instead. (you know which ones...:wink: )

Great song...have never played it since the morning of my friend's funeral though, oddly enough...! (The Orbit Mix that is...) I loved that mix, the keyboards at the beginning had such a warm, dreamy sound to them...!

God, Orbit butchered a very strong song....those guitars :drool:
i hope they play it on tour, no backing tracks, just bass, drums, and guitars.

If they play it live, I'd like to hear them do the Orbit Mix, BUT, as part of the acoustic b-stage set. The first half of the Orbit mix is almost all acoustic anyway, and I think this song could be really stunning acoustic live, especially if in the chorus, Edge plays the guitar riff as it was in the very first bbc version of the song anyone ever heard, that was the most melodic version of that riff I've ever heard and I think it would translate tremendously to the live stage, acoustically nontheless.

Thanks BD I'm listening to it now! :up: :hug:

"Caroline won't let John back to sleep...;) "

This is a beautiful song. And the inspiration for my kitty sig. Don't worry I don't feel like telling the sad story behind it:( But the song is special to me.

Anyone every heard the Ulrich(i think that's what it's called) mix of the single? It's by far better than either official release. It would be cool if they played it live but for some reason I have a feeling it may get bypassed in favor of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb tracks.

Back
Top Bottom