'Electric Storm' b-side's announced!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In an artical from Irelands' Hot Press magazine...

Irish rockband U2, it can be confirmed by Hot Press, have named two further b-sides to accompany their new single 'Electric Storm', set to be released on October 21st.

The two b-sides, it has been announced exclusively to Hot Press, will be a song featured on the bands official site, entitled 'The Hands That Built America'. This had earlier been tipped as the main release but can now be revelead as playing second-fiddle to 'Electric Storm'.

The real surprise however is in the decision to release a cover of a song featured in the 1964 Disney film 'Mary Poppins'. The song, 'A Spoon Full Of Sugar (Helps The Medicine Go Down)', has undergone what frontman Bono called 'a rock revelation'.

U2 lead guitarist The Edge added; "U2's music has taken us to some odd diversions over the last twenty years, but this has to rank as one of the oddest! By re-launching a spruced up, rock version of what many fans view as a 'childrens' classic is not something your run-of-the-mill rock band will do. But, we've been tinkering away and I think this song has got the potential to do really well. We have some nice lead, a good bassline to keep Adam busy and I'm sure Bono will have his work cut out singing '60s American TV tunes!"

The single, released to radio late next month, is tipped to bring U2 to their fourth Irish number one in five releases, following on from 2000's All That You Can't Leave Behind's 'Beautiful Day', 'Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of' and 'Elevation'.

More as we here it - first on Ireland's number one for music.

Hot Press Sept. '02 issue! :shocked:

What you all think?!

Last edited:
bwahahhahaha!

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
The real surprise however is in the decision to release a cover of a song featured in the 1964 Disney film 'Mary Poppins'. The song, 'A Spoon Full Of Sugar (Helps The Medicine Go Down)', has undergone what frontman Bono called 'a rock revelation'.

WWWWWWAHHHT???

:lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao:

:reject:

:laugh:

sugar-k.gif

Okay, I have to admit this is a joke.

I'm really sorry to anyone I lead up the garden path I just felt like doing something weird for my 99th post on the board.

Very sorry. Hope you can realise it's all in good humour...

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Okay, I have to admit this is a joke.

I'm really sorry to anyone I lead up the garden path I just felt like doing something weird for my 99th post on the board.

Very sorry. Hope you can realise it's all in good humour...

LOL. It was hilarious. No hard feelings.

I was straining to try to find a way that U2 could remake that song...:scratch:

If they ever made a video for that, it would be amazing...hillarious JTH.

what a bomb! said:
just as well its a joke, was a bit miffed that it was "Spoonful..." and not "These are a few of my favourite things"

Actually, the latter song is from The Sound of Music. As for this "article" it was so well written that I sort of believed it at first. Very funny stuff indeed! :lol:

what would u expect with a name like joshuatreehugger? :D

someone will just read the first post, then go to wire, which will then be reported on youtwonet, which will then pop up on the log and before you know it, u2 will be wondering what their outfits for the mary poppins video are going to be like! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom