El Fin Del Mundo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
"Tonight, I want to thank you for letting us into your beautiful, beautiful country. And we wish you well for the future.

But to go forward into the future, sometimes you have to deal with the past.

I ask you, Mr Pinochet, I ask you--tell these mothers where are their children. Just one thing.

Tell them where are their children--so they can bury them, so they can say goodbye to them and so Chile can say goodbye to the past.

We do not judge you. God is your judge. Please. Give the dead back to the living.

---

Midnight, our sons and daughters
Were cut down and taken from us
Hear their heartbeat
And still hear their hearts beat

In the wind we hear their laughter
In the rain we see their tears
Hear their heartbeat
And still their hearts beat

[Ooooooh... possibly the most passionate, gut wrenching sound over to come out of Bono's mouth]

Night hangs like a prisoner
Stretched over black and blue
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

Through the walls our daughters cry
In the trees our sons stand naked
See their tears in the rainfall

Ooooooh. OhAOooooh.

El Puebla Vencera (The people will win)

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 01-19-2002).]

Possibly the saddest song U2 has ever written. Still beautiful though.

That question he asked in the end of the concert..."where are their children, tell these mothers where are their children", it breakes my heart everytime I hear it...

I remember Bono asked that same question to Mr. Pinochet during the online chat in March 2000, remember that one that took place in the night of Adam?s 40 birthday?

It was that time when Mr.Pinochet was still in London, and that Spanish judge wanted him to be deported...Somebody asked Bono?s opinion on that matter and he said that again.

I think he was so eloquent using a few words...No more denial on Mr.Pinochet?s atrocities...nobody wants to hear that anymore...just let the mothers bury their children.

frown.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 01-20-2002).]

For those who don't know, SkeeK used the name of the bootleg from that concert, partially, as the subject of this thread...En El Fin Del Mundo which means At The End Of the World.

I'm inclined to get the video of that concert, because the bootleg is awesome. Do you have the video SkeeK? Or anybody else?

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

You?re kind baker, but don?t worry. I might find it here in Brasil...I already have the videos of S?o Paulo and Buenos Aires. I just wanna know what do you all think of it, cause I have spent too much money on my U2 addiction lately...so I have to set some priorities and your opinion may help me.
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by SkeeK:

And still their hearts beat

[Ooooooh... possibly the most passionate, gut wrenching sound over to come out of Bono's mouth]

Yes, I agree! I'm simply amazed and moved each time I hear it! Even more so in the past few years now that I have children of my own.

Originally posted by follower:
Possibly the saddest song U2 has ever written. Still beautiful though.

That question he asked in the end of the concert..."where are their children, tell these mothers where are their children", it breakes my heart everytime I hear it...

This song is always been close to my heart, one of my cousins disappeared during the Sandinista revolution, his mom died hoping to find him, you can still see the sadness in my uncle's eyes.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 01-20-2002).]

They played a clip of this when Bono was on Charlie Rose
frown.gif
Sadness

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

Back
Top Bottom