Eh, I heard some of the Ramones tribute CD today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IWasBored said:
yes, but it's a tribute album. it reminds you how great the originals are. therefore it's GOOD for you to want to turn it off and listen to the original.
No, it should stand on its own as well as pay tribute to an artist or it's a waste of time and money.

I got the CD and saved 9 tracks on my computer because those were the only ones i liked. I think the U2, garbage and pete yorn ones are amazing! they rock. the other ones i saved were the ones by:
green day
the pretenders
offspring
red hot chilli peppers
kiss
rancid

I saved those cause those are the ones i can stand.. the one by green day is good though..
I didnt like any of the other songs. the marilyn manson one really was bad. and the metallica one..Ugh. poor ramones..songs being butchered.. sad really :sigh:

i got a copy of the cd today for free cos i work at the campus radio station, and we got 4 copies...so i got one

that rob zombie cover is starting to grow on me...but i think it's only because it's "blitzkrieg bop"--if it was anything else i think i'd still hate it...i'm the kid who played tony hawk pro skater some number for hours just to hear that song over and over...

Right on IWasBored. Nothing better than free things you actually want!!

Speaking of Blitzkrieg Bop and Tony Hawk, my roommate asked me this summer what song that was and what group it was while he was playing Tony Hawk. He then proceded to download a poopload of Ramones songs. AFI was on Tony Hawk 3! Go AFI.

my whole family got a bit sick of the ramones this christmas cos my sister bought me some best of sort of thing

she then proceeded to say: "if i had know that they sucked so much i wouldn't have got you the cd"
:mad:

I dont know about you, but as much as I like the Ramones, I can only take about 20 to 30 mins of them without having to put it away. I've never bought that best of cd because of that. I need to get it though. I've had it in my hand about 3 or 4 times at stores, and then I walk around with it and end up buying something else instead.

i can listen to a ramones album on repeat for several hours...i don't think i'll go out and buy any more cds, though. i'm content with the best of and "it's alive"...

and typhoon, i see your point, but i still don't really agree with you. i still see it as a difference between cover album and tribute. sure a tribute is a cover album. a square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles are squares. i've just got a different set of rules on which i determine whether i like the cd or not.

typhoon, even though i don't agree with you, i can still wish you a happy birthday

happy birthday

heh...i try to be nice...i'm pissing off deathbear in the lemonade stand, so i figured i'd try to balance out...i don't know...

i was just trying to be nice i guess...

Right on, got to make up for the meaness with niceness somewhere. I think I got someone else interested in AFI. Cujo was asking about them in the other thread in this forum. I've seen the face of success, and it's name is me. I dont know what that meant.

For anyone who cares, Circuit City is selling this cd for only $8.99 right now. Pretty good price for a brand new cd, almost got it but I bought Sigur Ros () instead.

You know, I actually thought this CD was pretty good. Tribute albums are always something of a doomed exercise anyway, and yeah to put Kiss and Metallica on here was a mistake. But other than that I think it holds its own. And I don't mind Blitzkrieg Bop at all.

Does anyone know what "beat on the brat" is about? I'm not really a Ramones fan, so i have no idea. I luv how the song sounds, but i was listening to it the other day, and my brother said in a surprised voice "you're listening to a song about violence?? That's not like you!", lol

Back
Top Bottom