EDUN Going Out Of Business..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
biff said:
I can't believe any one posted this as a serious news article. I saw it earlier today while browsing Google and it was just so obviously a joke. And even if it hadn't been so obvious, we all know he wasn't in New York last week to make this "announcement". Sheesh!

Pfft, Bono's superhuman. Didn't you know he can be in two places at once?

biff said:
I can't believe any one posted this as a serious news article. I saw it earlier today while browsing Google and it was just so obviously a joke. And even if it hadn't been so obvious, we all know he wasn't in New York last week to make this "announcement". Sheesh!

oh yeah, I should have thought of that, they've been Down Under this whole time :huh: duhhhhhhhhhhhh

the whole article was really funny...taken out of context though the small bits made it sound like an actual news story

where's the article from? The Onion?

Actually, until I saw Chizips first post, I did think it was real as did most of us here! My post said nothing about him making an announcement in NY!

:rolleyes:

one4u2 said:
Actually, until I saw Chizips first post, I did think it was real as did most of us here! My post said nothing about him making an announcement in NY!

:rolleyes:

Since you made the first post, just out of curiosity, where did you see this? If you saw the article at the link that was posted later just reading the banner at the top of the page should tell you its satire. If you saw only the snip that you posted then you wouldn't know for sure except for the fact that if it was true the Bono bashers of the world would have had the story in every newspaper in the world. I was supicious because of the wording of some of the Bono quotes. Just did not sound like something he would say at all.

Dana

Argh, I can't believe I fell for this! I should have known it was fake because of the lack of attribution.

Anyway, I'm relieved because I was feeling absolutely awful for Bono and Ali.

Still, people do have a point about the clothes being too expensive for ordinary folks to afford.

It is a hoax, the company is still up and running.

Just out of curiosity for those who think spending $40 on a t-shirt is too much. How much is an average concert t-shirt running these days? How much money does one spend on a concert ticket with out any thought? I recall a run on Adam's Versace pants here several years ago when I joined and people paid at least $100 (at a minimum) for those high fashion label pants. Just something to think about.

Actually, I think overpriced T-shirts suck too. The only U2 T-shirt I own is a Rattle and Hum T-shirt I got from a clearance rack in JC Penneys for $3 back in 1989.

I believe WWD had a piece on their financial difficulties a few months back, so that's why this seemed believable. But come on people, the Bono quote should have given it away!

So, yes, this post was a joke but don't be surprised if you hear the real news sometime in the future. Btw, Edun was never a charity, it was supposed to be a for-profit venture.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
It is a hoax, the company is still up and running.

Just out of curiosity for those who think spending $40 on a t-shirt is too much. How much is an average concert t-shirt running these days? How much money does one spend on a concert ticket with out any thought? I recall a run on Adam's Versace pants here several years ago when I joined and people paid at least $100 (at a minimum) for those high fashion label pants. Just something to think about.

The last concert t-shirts I bought (this year) were $20 or $25. And concert tickets -- $26 for the highest priced ones in years. I will admit to paying $50 for a concert ticket once, but I'm not likely to do that again. Yep. I'm cheap.

Edun's prices wouldn't be so bad if the clothing wasn't so hideously ugly. But it is ugly, so being overpriced just adds insult to injury.

indra said:

Edun's prices wouldn't be so bad if the clothing wasn't so hideously ugly. But it is ugly, so being overpriced just adds insult to injury.

:yes:

I've never been impressed with either the men's or women's line.

In fact, I'm not crazy about the (RED) stuff either.

I was in Saks 5th Ave today and all of their Edun products were 40% off. The sales person told me that as of Jan. Saks would no longer be carrying Edun clothes. He said that Edun has a deal with Nordstroms with the One campaign. How that effects what Saks carries doesn't quite make sense to me.

Any how I did get some nice gifts for a great price!

kassandra said:
I was in Saks 5th Ave today and all of their Edun products were 40% off. The sales person told me that as of Jan. Saks would no longer be carrying Edun clothes. He said that Edun has a deal with Nordstroms with the One campaign. How that effects what Saks carries doesn't quite make sense to me.

Any how I did get some nice gifts for a great price!

You don't say, fellow LI...which Saks? Saks off 5th or Saks on 5th?

I'm going to close this as to not to confuse people since the story is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom