Edun @ Fashion Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
This Sunday Edun is joining fashion week and having their fashion show. It is 7pm - 9pm but the Edun show is not at Bryant Park like the others it will be off site...(Barneys, Pastis, Joes Bar, etc. maybe) :shrug:

So if anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated if you can post it here.

I was hoping to go and see if you know who was there with Ali and try to get an inspired t signed by him and a picture for authenticity and auction it off for charity on ebay....preferably to Samaritans Purse to buy mosquito nets.
A hug would also be nice!!!

Thanks JC :hug: :giggle:

February 1, 2007, 4:41 pm
Cabaret Act at Edun

Some of Edun’s fall looks, shown here on professional models, will be presented Sunday by Citizens Band. Click to enlarge.
Edun, the socially conscious clothing brand founded by rock star Bono and his wife Ali Hewson, figured out a clever way to avoid the skinny model issue altogether this season: hire a cabaret group to present the collection.

Fifteen women and men in the musical troupe Citizens Band — including Sarah Sophie Flicker, Rain Phoenix, and Zooey Deschanel — are lined up to model Edun’s new collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week on Sunday.

A member of the Citizens Band modeling Gucci for Vogue Italy last year. Click to enlarge.
“We always try to do events that bring in arts in different forms,” says Edun CEO Christian Kemp Griffin, who joined the Dublin-based company in late 2005 after a four-year stint as global vice-president of Lacoste.
Bono and his wife Ms. Hewson founded Edun in 2005 with New York clothing designer Rogan Gregory. Tapping into the growing movement toward socially-aware clothing, Edun’s mission is to create long-term sustainable employment in developing world countries such as Africa. Mr. Kemp Griffen declined to provide sales for Edun, but did acknowledge that growth has been slow to come. “We’re still the same size,” he said.
Mr. Kemp-Griffen said he met the performers at a fitting and “they are all pretty slim in model shape.” With Edun’s fall line sized one size bigger than normal for a fashion show, a few of the items had to taken in, he added.

Ms. Hewson is expected at the event Sunday. But Bono is not, an Edun spokeswoman said. – Vanessa O’Connell

http://blogs.wsj.com/runway/2007/02/01/

kassandra said:
February 1, 2007, 4:41 pm
Cabaret Act at Edun

Some of Edun’s fall looks, shown here on professional models, will be presented Sunday by Citizens Band. Click to enlarge.
Edun, the socially conscious clothing brand founded by rock star Bono and his wife Ali Hewson, figured out a clever way to avoid the skinny model issue altogether this season: hire a cabaret group to present the collection.

Fifteen women and men in the musical troupe Citizens Band — including Sarah Sophie Flicker, Rain Phoenix, and Zooey Deschanel — are lined up to model Edun’s new collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week on Sunday.

A member of the Citizens Band modeling Gucci for Vogue Italy last year. Click to enlarge.
“We always try to do events that bring in arts in different forms,” says Edun CEO Christian Kemp Griffin, who joined the Dublin-based company in late 2005 after a four-year stint as global vice-president of Lacoste.
Bono and his wife Ms. Hewson founded Edun in 2005 with New York clothing designer Rogan Gregory. Tapping into the growing movement toward socially-aware clothing, Edun’s mission is to create long-term sustainable employment in developing world countries such as Africa. Mr. Kemp Griffen declined to provide sales for Edun, but did acknowledge that growth has been slow to come. “We’re still the same size,” he said.
Mr. Kemp-Griffen said he met the performers at a fitting and “they are all pretty slim in model shape.” With Edun’s fall line sized one size bigger than normal for a fashion show, a few of the items had to taken in, he added.

Ms. Hewson is expected at the event Sunday. But Bono is not, an Edun spokeswoman said. – Vanessa O’Connell

http://blogs.wsj.com/runway/2007/02/01/

Thanks K, for posting this article....So Bono won't be there :( I guess he doesn't want to take away from Alis spotlight.

I like the idea of the models sounds interesting and I would still love to see a fashion show.

:wink: You are welcome guys!

I remember last year when Bono attended he was not happy with he crowd.

"After a special performance by singer/songwriter Damien Rice, Bono became perturbed when some rowdy attendees wouldn't be quiet, and ordered them to leave. Then he calmly thanked everyone for attending, and encouraged guests to imbibe."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/fashion/star_chatter/index.html

So I guess he will bow out this year.

I will bet anything, he will be there! They would never tell the press he's attending b/c of people like us who would take a trip into the city :shifty:

^^ I thought that, too. Maybe he'll be there, maybe not, but it's kind of smart of them to announce that he won't be, if he's hoping to avoid a troupe of u2 fans distracting from Edun's moment. It just seemed kind of...odd, I guess, that the Edun spokeswoman went out of her way to say that Bono won't be there. :shrug:

Yes, of course we should listen to you and what the spokesman said in the paper because that statement was carved in stone.

If we all did that, we would have never have met members of the band in previous situations.

JCOSTER said:
Yes, of course we should listen to you and what the spokesman said in the paper because that statement was carved in stone.

If we all did that, we would have never have met members of the band in previous situations.

:up: that's so true! How many times have fans been told the boys are long gone, only to have them come out hours later and greet the fans who hung around? Lots!

I think there's a good chance he'll be there, wherever "there" is, lol. Whether he'll want to take the time to meet-n-greet...:shrug:

caragriff said:

yet something hot might be at edun.

hmmmm....

:lol: If I wasn't in my sweats and didn't have to be in the city tomorrow at 9 for work my ass would clearly be there :happy:

kassandra said:
If anyone is interested, Edun begins @ 9:15 at the Hudson Hotel.

:censored: :censored: :censored: I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT WOULD BE AT THE HUDSON HOTEL.

If I find out he was there.....:banghead: :angry: :banghead:

(my husband didn't want me to go alone because of superbowl sunday too, but I didn't go cause I didn't know where it was!!!):(

Its never to cold for Bono! :drool:

I think The Hudson Hotel was the event in September for The One Shirt it seems last night's event was at The Box -- Bono was not there ...

And then there's the Box, the Lower East Side spot that hosted last night's Mercedes-Benz kickoff event and will be home to the Edun presentation .... some photos of Ali on wireimage.com

Last edited:
kassandra said:
:wink: You are welcome guys!

I remember last year when Bono attended he was not happy with he crowd.

"After a special performance by singer/songwriter Damien Rice, Bono became perturbed when some rowdy attendees wouldn't be quiet, and ordered them to leave. Then he calmly thanked everyone for attending, and encouraged guests to imbibe."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/fashion/star_chatter/index.html

So I guess he will bow out this year.

Thanks for all the articles and the photo links. :up:

I think Bono is publicly bowing out of EDUN appearances for the reasons mentioned in this thread ( not happy with last year's Fashion Week crowds, not wanting to turn EDUN appearances into U2 meet and greets, etc)

Remember how Ali and Christopher Kemp-Griffin were the only two to show up at the EDUN LIVE launch at Miami University last month.

Maybe both Bono and Rogan have decided to step out of the limelight for awhile for this venture and try to make the CONCEPT and the PRODUCT of EDUN sell itself without rock star photo
frenzy extravaganzas.

Personally, I'm glad that he's taking a nonpublic view with this product, at least for the time being.

I'm sure that B would rather people focus on the cotton farmers of Mali and the textile workers of Lesotho rather than on him.

And I applaud him and EDUN on that. :bonodrum:

Girls next time we meet and we go!!!!

27-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom