Edge's Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet92

War Child
As An Add on to bono's best vocal what is the best guitar work edge has done on any track.

mine are

Untill the end of the world

City of Blinding Lights

All Because Of You

Bullet the Blue Sky (Zoo Tv version)

The Fly

Beautiful Day

New Years Day ( just to see him play guitar and piano really well in the same song is amazing, it really shows that on the Zootv Sydney Dvd?

and lastly pride

the fly on zootv and the solo off the elevation version
god part II
streets
one live (specially the solo)
kite (vertigo long version)

The Electric Co. is brilliant, especially considering he was so young at the time, and the most recent live versions of it were mind-blowing.

The solo in UTEOW is one of the things that made me fall in love with U2. The solo in Love Is Blindness is chilling but gorgeous, too.

I'm going to include In a Little While because it's not affects driven, it simply shows he has a lovely touch, both on acoustic and otherwise.

ultraviolet92 said:

All Because Of You

Really? :scratch: As a guitar player, I can say there isn't anything at all remarkable about his playing on this song. Different strokes, I guess...

My favourite is The Electric Co, especially live versions. Love his solo in Street Mission as well. I wish he still played like that...

A celebration
I will Follow
Electric Co
Drowning Man
Bad (for the moving vibe to it)
Red Hill Mining Town
UTEOTW
The Fly
UV
Acrobat
LNOE
Please
Kite

Last edited:
The obvious ones mentioned. My favorite is UTEOTW, though. Good grief what a solo! My favorite version is on the Slane DVD. It's PERFECT there.

Then the Fly. The solo on the Boston DVD males me poo my pants every time. Well, not really. But seriously, it does.

Also Mysterious Ways live.

So yeah... The Edge is the best live.

While I completely agree with everyone who mentioned UTEOTW (especially live) I can't believe nobody has mentioned All I Want Is You. :drool:

the fly, acrobat, new year's day (solo mainly)

end of ground beneath her feet

the 747 effect on mofo and gone

love is blindness solo live

bullet live (studio too really)

mysterious ways live slide solo

end of the world

discotheque and vertigo riffs

kite vertigo solo

please live

new york live

etc

The Disciple said:
STREET MISSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:up:

Any excuse to post this:

seriousedgedy9.jpg

:wink:

Edge's guitar is a magnificent thing. In An Cat Dubh he makes it sound like a cat, while in Mofo he makes it sound like a 747. In Mysterious Ways it makes you groove, while in Love is Blindness it makes you weep. And then there are songs like UTEOTW that you listen to on your iPod and then come to the stunning realization that you're standing in a public place, Edgestomping :lol:

The Refugee
Wire
BTBS (live b-side myst. ways)
God Part 2
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
ACROBAT
Love Is Blindness
Dirty Day
SDABTO
HMTMKMKM
MOFO

PS: a very rare but great live version of WIRE: WIRE live San Francisco 1985

PPS: SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS: SDABTO video imo a great but underrated song... fantastic bass play an fantastic distorted guitars... long live the 90s

Last edited:
jacobus said:
Honestly, I barely pay attention to the guitar in that song. I'm too busy listening to Adam own it :wink:

But I'm listening now, and I certainly see your point :up: I've also noticed that this song is really really good if you ignore the lyrics :lol:

This is a list for the songs as a whole not just riffs:

The Fly
Bullet The Blue Sky
Two Hearts Beat As One
Until The End Of The World
One
City Of Blinding Lights
In A Little While
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday

I think WOWY is a perfect storm of restrained guitar parts. Nothing flashy, but everything on there is pretty iconic by now.

And that record boldly came out deep in the morass of hair metal and flash players.

Edge is the coolest.

Back
Top Bottom