Edge's backing vocals in Even Better Than the Real Thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
He pretty much sings the whole thing along with Bono. Personally, maybe as a future b-side or something, like to hear a version with the vocals mixed at equal levels. I think a continuous harmony on this song would just be awesome. Anyone concur?

I think it's actually a double track by Bono, one high, one low, with the low being more up front. It's very similar to what T.Rex used to do, he called it the "ghost vocal" and used it in almost every song he recorded.

MrBrau1 said:
I think it's actually a double track by Bono, one high, one low, with the low being more up front. It's very similar to what T.Rex used to do, he called it the "ghost vocal" and used it in almost every song he recorded.

You're right, it is a double vocal by Bono. I can't remember exactly where I read it, but there was a quote from Bono talking about it.

mysterious ways also has this type of backing vocal.. parts of discotheque & if god would send his angels also have this

That's Bono. Low voice, high voice. He uses it so much and it's probably one of the things i like the most about his singing.

He did it for Even better, Babyface, If God will send his angels, Always, Discoteque etc.

I hope we have more of this on the new album...

Back
Top Bottom