Edge's angriest song to date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Edge is pissed off apparently so it got me to thinking....We get alot of sounds from him but rarely would I ever describe his guitar playing as angry, so what would be his angriest song?

1. Bullet the Blue Sky
2. Gone (live)
3. Last Night on Earth (live)
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. Fly

?

An Cat Dubh?

I'm not sure if that's angry, but it has a darker mood than most any other U2 song.

The guitar in 'Indian Summer Sky' also has an aggressive feeling to it.

Last edited:
bullet and fly i would say.

it's always freaky looking at him during fly on the boston dvd.

The buzzer sound in Discotheque, doesn't get angrier than that. He also sounds pretty angry when he sings the line "dont piss in at the drain" - it almost makes me feel apologetic everytime I piss in a drain.

Cheers,

J

Like A Song
Dirty Day (live)
the live version of Please (his solo sounds like reserved anger)
Wake Up Dead Man

Acrobat-The war siren sound.
The Fly-Hack and hue masterpiece.
And the king of them all is HMTMKMKM-Feel the crunch!

God Part II for sure.

Absolutely bone-rattling.

Bono ain't too happy in that song either. Albert Goldman (rest in pieces ;) ) had that effect on a lot of people.

There's this one ZooTV version of BTBS which is absolutely insane. It's played faster than normal and Edge thows in some wonky effects at the ened. Anyone konw what I'm talking about?

Either way I'll also throw in Exit, Wire, Maggie's Farm/Cold Turkey

Bullet, Exit, and...Electric Co. anyone? I love the solo.

Dirty Day on Zoo TV was pretty angry too

Gone live because he smashed his guitar lol

Staring at the Sun album version. They need to play that song live full band not acoustic!

Electrical Storm too

I don'y know, maybe Bullet The Blue Sky (live, principally), Exit, Please (live, too), Dirty Day, The Fly (on Boston DVD), Electrical Storm, and many of the early songs

And certainly, Gone and Wire :D

Duh! Of course Edge?s angriest song is... EXIT!

Fly, Until the End of the World and Acrobat are very angry too.

That solo in Acrobat is very angry... altough the solos of Fly and World are better...

The Electric Co. is simply filled with anger. Whenever I'm really annoyed, I'll just crank it up, shout it out, and feel a LOT better!

:scratch: someone please clarify what "angry" for a guitarist mean... songwriting? shredding guitar? :der:

An angry guitar song would be very agressive, distorted, wicked solos, effects, like "The Fly" or "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

Hope that clears things up a bit.

I think HMTMKMKM and the Fly are more 'fun' than 'angry'

Sure they have overdrive and distortion and such, but i think you can tell and angry song from a fun songwhen you see it live.

Back
Top Bottom