Edge: U2 success down to chemistry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
The Edge insists U2 have enjoyed such longevity in the music industry because the four band members compliment each other perfectly.

The guitarist, real name David Evans, believes the band's winning combination of ambition, soul, creativity and caution have steered them along the right path since their formation in 1975.

"The chemistry of the personalities is a big factor," he said. "Bono is chairman and founding member of Over-Achievers Anonymous.

"He has an irrepressible drive to be great. He wants to achieve it all, which actually makes him very vulnerable.

"I am driven in different ways. I might have to take the 12 steps to Workaholics Anonymous. I have a curiosity that compels me to find ways to make music that are fresh and new.

"Adam (Clayton) and Larry (Mullen Jnr) are the counterparts to Bono and myself. Adam has incredible soul, the unlikely conscience of the band.

"Larry is the nuts and bolts, a practical, solid and deeply cautious person who is always going to rein us in when we get too excited.

"We grew up together, we learned how to play music together. In many respects the way we think is almost telepathic."

irishexaminer.com

Love this short article! Edge can really analyze the situation and lay it all out there for you before you even know what hits you!!

U2's real and enduring strength IS in their collective talents. If the 4 were rolled up into one person, it would be THE perfect man. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom