Edge talks the new album..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know.....

I mean, here we are, having promises from Bono about Electrical Storm being 'hard-rocking' and 'a return to Boy-type rock' etc etc.
And it sound more mainstream, imo.

So many people were disappointed. I don't know if U2 will really put out a 'hard-rocking' album...I mean, guarenteed, it wouldn't be mainstream--something they've become quite accustomed to over the past little while (ATYCLB, the SuperBowl, etc).

I don't know what to think. I'm as excited as all of you over this, but...I don't want to get my hopes up. :|

(Edited for spelling and blatant stupidity - see next post)

Last edited:
misterboo said:
SUPER CITY MANIA
i heard that one became miami. i could be wrong, though. but i could swear i saw a copy (a scan of the slipcase in the cd on the net, lol i didn't actually have the cd) of some pop sampler given to dj's or something before the release of the cd.

i could swear it had discotheque, wake up dead man (not sure if this was the song included but it was something on pop), and super city mania. the person said it was just another title for miami.

paxetaurora said:
Bono is standing next to Ryan Adams at a Strokes show. Ryan takes a long drag off his cigarette and talk about learning "The Modern Age" on the mandolin. Bono nods silently, drinking in the scene. Hmmmph. He sees himself in Julian Casablancas. I could do better, the great man thinks. I have done better.

Later, alone in his New York City apartment, Bono recasts the great band in the mold of Bowie, the Who, their earlier selves, the Strokes and maybe just a small amount of Gwen Stefani. Ahhhhhh, the great man thinks, stepping out onto the balcony with a glass of his favorite whiskey. He surveys the city moodily, plowing a hand through the graying hair at his temples. Yes. We will knock their fucking socks off.
Hmmm, very Great Gatsby!! I've always thought Bono led this extraordinary life. Did you make this up, or did you find it from an article or something? Either way, kind of cool!

Irrelevant, but that Leonard Cohen line is one of my very favorite lyrics ever. Glad to see someone else appreciates it too :)

mug222 said:
Irrelevant, but that Leonard Cohen line is one of my very favorite lyrics ever. Glad to see someone else appreciates it too :)
Yes, mug222, isn't it great! And to think it even sounds so much better when he sings it! Cohen is such a poetic, even musical genius. I'd say he's Canada's finest export - ever. I actually went on a bit of my own Leonard Cohen pilgrimage once. I went to Montreal and walked through his neighborhood - where he lived growing up - and checked out some of the parks and his local hangouts as well.

'Suzanne' was written about a girl but was also written about the "lady of the harbour" of old Montreal. In a sense, 'Suzanne' became the harbour, itself. Anyway, I went there too!

Why am I telling you all of this?

i hope it's more of a rock album then the stuff that was on ATYCLB. i really adore that album, don't get me wrong, but i was listening to HMTMKMKM in the car yesterday and i realized how much i miss the more rock oriented songs of U2's past. i'm sure i'll like anything they do put out but a girl can hope, can't she? :shrug:

War meets Achtung Baby?

Now that should be interesting - already they said leftovers from ATYCLB were tougher sounding.

Here is my comprehensive list again...

Untidy Life
Nosejob
Original of the Species
Yesterday and Tomorrow
Sun Moon Stars
Novelty Act
Sometime
Stir My Soul
Stranded
Bulldozer
Jesus Drove Me
Tough
She's gonna blow your house down
Piano: Poem
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
A Man's a Man
You can't give your heart away
I Love You
Jubilee
Landscape
Cry Baby
Indian Jam
Sponge
Lose Control
Levitation
All Because You

Hey ignoreland......if you know of any other ones feel free to add them.

As I recall......Hymn to the Universe turned into everyone's favorite..Playboy Mansion!

In cold blood was poem that bono wrote that he tried singing over a drum beat.....this turned into Numb...I have a remix of Numb where Edge actually says..."In Cold Blood"...instead of "i feel numb"

Love and Peace and Peace on Earth are different songs because the Prop. had them both listed.......same goes for BD and Jubilee.

Last edited:
Swan269 said:
Here is my comprehensive list again...

Untidy Life
Nosejob
Original of the Species
Yesterday and Tomorrow
Sun Moon Stars
Novelty Act
Sometime
Stir My Soul
Stranded
Bulldozer
Jesus Drove Me
Tough
She's gonna blow your house down
Piano: Poem
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
A Man's a Man
You can't give your heart away
I Love You
Jubilee
Landscape
Cry Baby
Indian Jam
Sponge
Lose Control
Levitation
All Because You (5/10)

Hey ignoreland......if you know of any other ones feel free to add them.

As I recall......Hymn to the Universe turned into everyone's favorite..Playboy Mansion!

In cold blood was poem that bono wrote that he tried singing over a drum beat.....this turned into Numb...I have a remix of Numb where Edge actually says..."In Cold Blood"...instead of "i feel numb"

Love and Peace and Peace on Earth are different songs because the Prop. had them both listed.......same goes for BD and Jubilee.

What does the 5/10 after All Because of You stand for?

that was the day that I added it to the list.....I will try to get rid of it now.....sorry!

I'm just happy they're talking about a new album...the way the band is speaking, they sound excited and hyped up about the recording sessions...always a positive sign that the fire is still there for the band :yes:

As far as what it sounds like, well, who knows...there's no telling with this band. But it will sound good, that's for sure...in the meantime, there is all of the goodies for the Best of to keep me happy until record release time.

Back
Top Bottom