Edge talks new album and tour at Grammys - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2002, 01:59 PM   #21
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Good!

Cuz I'm poor to afford a new album, all of the friggin' singles, and the concert tickets.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Old 03-03-2002, 03:15 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 01:19 PM
I think the year and a half starts now and I think 2003 is when it will come out, but time will tell. I even think there's a chance that The Edge is giving misleading comments. They have done it before....

Based on the OTHER comments about how much is already written for the album and that they have 8 demos recorded and they want to ride on the energy of the Elevation Tour, I think they will spend alot of time between when Bono gets back from Africa and before rehearsals for Elevation Tour working on and recording the new album. And they will record DURING the European Tour and in the Fall and take a break during the holidays and then in January 03 they will probably fine tune it and do final production stuff for a few months and release it in late Spring or Summer 2003.

Here's another thought: Anyone check Brian Eno and Danny Lanois' productuion schedule? Maybe the reason it is going to take a year and a half is because they are going to wait until Danny and Brian can spend some time producing.

Old 03-03-2002, 03:36 PM   #23
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:19 PM
personally I don't really get the "they should be taking their time to produce the new album" posts

they are rockstars - they make albums, tour and spend time with friends and family (okay, Bono has a few other hobbies ), so I don't see many reasons why there should be 3 years between albums

I don't think there ever was much evidence that spending another 18 months in a studio assures a better album (granted, Pop has shown us that not spending enough time in a studio can hurt an album a bit)

anyway, since I did get to see the band last year I feel Aussie dates or a new album should have higher priority then European dates this summer

about "probably best to stay out of the USA for a while" -- this doesn't mean a new album can't be released

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-03-2002).]
Old 03-03-2002, 03:53 PM   #24
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Sad news. I hoped they just banged another album out, no matter if it is perfect or not. At least another record! Cause when U2 say theyŽll take the time it will take sheer decades till the new piece is finished in their eyes!

But as a european IŽll just wait for summer
Old 03-03-2002, 04:01 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2LA:

Here's another thought: Anyone check Brian Eno and Danny Lanois' productuion schedule? Maybe the reason it is going to take a year and a half is because they are going to wait until Danny and Brian can spend some time producing.
Lanois has said it will be a few years before he goes back to producing. So he's pretty much outta the picture.

------------------
And I felt like a star...