edge sounds fantastic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjp2771

Babyface
I think Edge has come up with some new stuff here--man and women is unlke anything I've heard before--and even so--the guitar sound on this album is CLASSIC Edge which is one of the reasons I love these guys in the first place----dont be so critical---ENJOY!!!!

Flying FuManchu said:
I liked what the Edge did in the live version SYCMIOYO...

Yes! I thought the slide guitar during the "explosion" and the you're the reason I sing part. It matched the emotion in Bono's deliver literally note for note. That is hard to accomplish but U2 seems to do it time after time.

This song really exceeded my expectations live. You get so emotionally swept by the experience, you literally have to wipe the sweat from your brow after the performance.

:up:

I can't wait to hear Edge in LAPOE on the tour. The end is going to be amazing. (Provided they play it!)

Superb Edge. Great to hear him clearly on a live recording rather than blended in in a studio recording. Also great to hear the rhythm section more clearly without all the extra layers of sound on the album. You could hear Larry pounding the drums again!

The songs were good today, but still a little sloppy. I think that's to be expected, because it's still all so early. THe exciting part to me, though, is realizing how AMAZING these will sound once the band plays them 10, 20, 30 times live.

Back
Top Bottom