EDGE needs a new HAT!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsMofoGone said:
Edge may look pretty decent bald, but NOT in concert !! :no:
Could you imagine him sweating under those lights ?? :ohmy:
What a shiny bald head that would be too !! :yikes:
I'd say lose the beanie cap and get a different hat indeed !! :up:

Michael Stipe works it on stage bald. I think Edge should go capless because he looks so fabulous without (great coloring and bone structure). Of course, what he's comfortable with is the most important and at this time it doesn't seem like Edge is fully ready to embrace his baldness in public.

Originally posted by dsmith2904
Of course, what he's comfortable with is the most important

That is why I said could you imagine him sweating under those lights ??
I don't believe he would look to GREAT with a sweaty, shiny bald head ...
he's probably very overly-conscious about it !! :yes:

Originally posted by dsmith2904
at this time it doesn't seem like Edge is fully ready to embrace his baldness in public.

Exactly right ... Agree 100 %% !! :up:

Meghan said:

:no:

Sorry, every time I see this picture I think of American History X and seeing a guys head getting stomped into the gutter by a man who looks like Edge in this picture.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0120586/

Not that strong of a resemblence, but strong enough. Keep the beanie Edge.

Yes, he looks A LOT like Edward Norton on that picture. But then again: Edward Norton looked cool in that movie, so....

He should switch hats - How about a "Rat Hat" style of Babushka like that episode in Sienfeld. Or how about a Steve Martin style Arrow through the Head type deal? Or even better yet how about one of those huge 20-gallon cowboy hats. :wink: :wink:

Just joking - the skull cap looks good enough IMHO

RavenBlue said:
I think at this point his beanie is almost sort of a signature...

I like it :)

I agree. A day without Edge wearing his beanie is like a day without sunshine. However, if Edge gets sick of the beanie, I have some fabulous vintage hats he can wear. I bet the deep fuschia velvet hat with the feathers would look marvelous on Edge.

RavenBlue said:
I think at this point his beanie is almost sort of a signature...

I like it :)

Edge took the hat route cos he's ashamed of being a slaphead. Why didn't he just get a syrup instead. That would be great, Edge in concert wearing a syrup!:wink:

dsmith2904 said:

Michael Stipe works it on stage bald. I think Edge should go capless because he looks so fabulous without (great coloring and bone structure). Of course, what he's comfortable with is the most important and at this time it doesn't seem like Edge is fully ready to embrace his baldness in public.

Bald Michael Stipe looks like he has leukemia.

PhunkPhorce said:

Yes, he looks A LOT like Edward Norton on that picture. But then again: Edward Norton looked cool in that movie, so....
Glad someone see's what I mean. And Edward did look pretty hot in that movie, especially without his shirt, but I still prefer Edge with something on his head.

A hijab maybe?

Meghan said:

Glad someone see's what I mean. And Edward did look pretty hot in that movie, especially without his shirt, but I still prefer Edge with something on his head.

A hijab maybe?

Nah, a syrup, I tell you, is what edge needs. Kinda like an Elton John topper would look dead cool!

i have no fucking idea what half the terms you guys are using mean...dunno what a slaphead is or a syrup...
but I think nobody looks half as good in the beanie as Edge does and it surely is a siggie look for him. I mean, I think he looks great in that photo that scares some, but he looks great in his hat as well.

You know what I've been wanting to chat about actually, is Edge's t-shirt collection! That crosses one being one of his many cool ones...I'm loving the one he wore for live8, and the one he's wearing on the cover of GuitarWorld mag. I had a dream about that one I swear before I even saw it. Maybe PLEBA's got a thread on the subject...

cheers...

Found this in Q magazine's "Postcards from the Edge")

" 'Why does Edge wear those stupid hats?' 'They are NOT stupid hats...they are my hats so f--- off!' "

What he needs is a See You Jimmy hat. You get ones that play 'Scotland the Brave' and all that touristy shite, but I think it'd work for him. I'll give one to him next time I see him. (LIke I ever am going to...)

Hey Guys and Gals as I have said, I am born the same day, month and year as the edge, although I am not balding yet my view on this is take nature as it comes and be proud and happy with yourself! So Edge just forget the hats altogether you look great mate.

ShellBeThere said:
i have no fucking idea what half the terms you guys are using mean...dunno what a slaphead is or a syrup...

A syrup is another term for a wig. And a slaphead is a bald person, much like myself. I mean if Edge wants to hide his slaphead then he should try getting himself a syrup, kinda like Elton John's, what a syrup that is. Dear old Elton has had some great syrups in his day, oh yes!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

A syrup is another term for a wig. And a slaphead is a bald person, much like myself. I mean if Edge wants to hide his slaphead then he should try getting himself a syrup, kinda like Elton John's, what a syrup that is. Dear old Elton has had some great syrups in his day, oh yes!:wink:

Ah, thanks!

shaun vox said:

maby a cool hat or even the pirate look he had in the 80s!

OMG Pirate Edge :drool: he should totally go with the pirate thing. Get an eyepatch and a hook on his right arm with a pick attached to the end of it! That would be so fucking badass!!

I'm not sure Edge is completely bald, anyway. I mean maybe he shaves his head but I don't think he's lost ALL his hair...

Though the pirate thing would rule I really love Edge's beanies. I think they look good. It's be nice if he got some custom ones made like ZooTV, those were the coolest. He should get some Vertigo tour beanies.

Bono should stop wearing sunglasses and start wearing...uhh...nothing.

Yeah, but in order to rock the Pirate he would need to grow his (remaining) hair long again, and I personally don't dig the "bald with long hair in the back" look :wink:

Yeah well there are bald pirates, though the best pirates have long sexy pirate hair :drool:

anyway The Edge has like 25843678 kajillion dollars, if he wanted to get his hair back there are ways, ever heard of Rogaine?

Back
Top Bottom